Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Judon

Re: Matt Judon

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    Didn’t someone call him a “great” all-around player in this thread? Woof...Pass.
    Also for what it's worth:

46.4 (!!!) tackling
    53.8 (!!) coverage

I’m of the thought that we absolutely can’t and won’t franchise tag him because he’s just not worth that much money. If you’re going to pay a pass rusher premium money you may as well go get someone who’s going to produce.

Judon is a guy who has to have a superior edge rusher opposite of him to be at his most effective. He cant be your only guy because he just isnt that good at it consistently, he's too streaky. But if you have a great rusher opposite him it will create more oppurtunity for Judon and maybe even motovation.

Judon needs to be Robert Mathis to someone's Dwight Freeney.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepercreepermd View Post
    I’m of the thought that we absolutely can’t and won’t franchise tag him because he’s just not worth that much money. If you’re going to pay a pass rusher premium money you may as well go get someone who’s going to produce.
    Franchise tag is the only thing that makes sense to me actually. I’m good to keep him one more year and then let him go. This is likely the last year of Lamar being on a cheap Cap number on his rookie deal. Franchise QBs who play even half as good as he has are getting paid going into their fourth year, the first year they’re eligible for an extension. The idea of cheap Lamar for multiple more years is essentially dead . So that in mind, Go all in. Franchise Judon and go out and get an elite guy like Clowney or Armstead. Overpaying for one year of Judon with no future commitments is easy. It’s the long term deals that scare me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G54377 View Post
    Also for what it's worth:

46.4 (!!!) tackling
    53.8 (!!) coverage
    The terrible tackling grade and terrible run defense grade go hand in hand. Basically he is a poor run defender because he is so inconsistent, both in tackling and filling gaps. The low coverage grade is mostly because of our system which asks players like him to drop into coverage more than they ever should, mostly as a chess piece to try and throw a loop at the offense. Basically any edge guy who drops into coverage is gonna have a shitty coverage grade. But the tackling grade is very relevant, and is just further proof as to why he is known to be a poor run defender outside of Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Franchise tag is the only thing that makes sense to me actually. I’m good to keep him one more year and then let him go. This is likely the last year of Lamar being on a cheap Cap number on his rookie deal. Franchise QBs who play even half as good as he has are getting paid going into their fourth year, the first year they’re eligible for an extension. The idea of cheap Lamar for multiple more years is essentially dead . So that in mind, Go all in. Franchise Judon and go out and get an elite guy like Clowney or Armstead. Overpaying for one year of Judon with no future commitments is easy. It’s the long term deals that scare me.
    Agree. Keep big dollars as low as we can on defense (while still improving the unit) so we can surround Lamar with more talent on offense.

While Judon tests the market, EDC may do the same with FA options to improve our defense without franchising or paying Judon long term. Judon's horrible play in the Titans game doesn't give me any confidence that he is worth paying what he will get. He did nothing positive in the biggest game of the year

Blog Entries

No

I want to pay Judon
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

I've soured on Judon.

I think you could get a better bang for your buck.

The EDGE FA class is deep as hell. I'd rather sign a guy like Clayborn for less. Still need to draft a SAM but there's enough interesting guys in the draft taht Im okay with it.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Judon was a fifth round pick, and he has been a GREAT fifth round pick. Huge value. His production won't change, but his pricetag will, and he'll go from being a great value to a horrible value. I just don't see a $15MM player.

I'm not against paying the franchise tag for a year, because we are desperate and he is the best we got. We are not going to sign/draft two effective edge rushers AND an interior rusher all in one offseason. But that has to be the longterm goal, and Judon is not a part of it.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Judon was a fifth round pick, and he has been a GREAT fifth round pick. Huge value. His production won't change, but his pricetag will, and he'll go from being a great value to a horrible value. I just don't see a $15MM player.

I'm not against paying the franchise tag for a year, because we are desperate and he is the best we got. We are not going to sign/draft two effective edge rushers AND an interior rusher all in one offseason. But that has to be the longterm goal, and Judon is not a part of it.
    Am I crazy for thinking he's getting more than 15MM? I think more like 17
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB