Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Judon

Re: Matt Judon

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Vic Beasley is actually fucking terrible. I would pay Judon 20m before even considering Beasley, and I am clearly not a fan of Judon. Beasley is Shane Ray with one insanely lucky season
    I feel the same...there's little doubt in my mind that if we were to sign Beasley, by midseason people will be posting about how quickly we can get out of his contract and how disappointing he is.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Vic Beasley is actually fucking terrible. I would pay Judon 20m before even considering Beasley, and I am clearly not a fan of Judon. Beasley is Shane Ray with one insanely lucky season
    Agreed. The fact that neither the Falcons nor their fans would want him back, seemingly at any price, shows how bad he is. I wouldn't be interested until his price dropped close to vet minimum.

There are loads of FA D Line and pass rushers this year and we don't have a ton of cap space. I'd like us to add a couple from the 2nd wave of free agency to add to some draft picks.

Beasley is terrible.

I suggested Beasley could be the Shane Rey in the type of approach they took at RUSH last year (Let your guy walk, sign a medicore vet, draft a guy and have a guy trying ot break out on roster).

2019 RUSH -> 2020 SAM (In this approach)
    Tim Williams -> Tyus Bowser
    Pernell McPhee/Shane Rey -> Vic Beasley
    Jaylon Ferguson -> Rookie we draft (Chaisson, Taylor, Divinity).

Not saying we should do that becasue I agree Beasley is terrible, but that type of approach wouldn't necessarily surprise me. That said, Beasley will get more money than vet minimum so it's not an exact comparison.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

I'm still on board with a cheap prove it kind of deal for Beasley, if that kind of contract ends up being in play for him. I would expect nothing, but maybe you get lucky and he catches fire like Barrett did this year. Either way, it should be a 1 year deal and not for much money, so easy to just let him go if he's providing you nothing. IDK how realistic that is with there often being more money than common sense during FA, but I wouldn't hate it.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

What’s people opinion on Shaq Lawson?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    What’s people opinion on Shaq Lawson?
    I've signed him in like every Madden franchise I've done this year as he's always available after the 1st or 2nd year for some reason, and he's reliably a beast in the game. I dunno about real life though. Think I've heard he's decent pass rusher but indifferent against the run.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I've signed him in like every Madden franchise I've done this year as he's always available after the 1st or 2nd year for some reason, and he's reliably a beast in the game. I dunno about real life though. Think I've heard he's decent pass rusher but indifferent against the run.
    I read the opposite. That he’s a great run defender / edge sealer with so-so pass rushing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Beasley is terrible.

I suggested Beasley could be the Shane Rey in the type of approach they took at RUSH last year (Let your guy walk, sign a medicore vet, draft a guy and have a guy trying ot break out on roster).

2019 RUSH -> 2020 SAM (In this approach)
    Tim Williams -> Tyus Bowser
    Pernell McPhee/Shane Rey -> Vic Beasley
    Jaylon Ferguson -> Rookie we draft (Chaisson, Taylor, Divinity).

Not saying we should do that becasue I agree Beasley is terrible, but that type of approach wouldn't necessarily surprise me. That said, Beasley will get more money than vet minimum so it's not an exact comparison.
    Someone is going to Beasley. He won't get top money but he's going to get more than people think. There will be a couple of GMs or coaches who were high on him during the draft and think they can succeed where the Falcons failed. This is a guy with almost 40 sacks and someone who had an All Pro season. He's not a bust or someone with injury issues like Shane Ray. Beasley is someone who didn't live up to expectations much like Dante Fowler from the same draft class. Fowler got $12 million in a 1 year prove it deal last year. I can see Beasley getting a multi-year deal with that kind of average. I sure wouldn't want to pay him that but pass rushers are in such demand that someone is going to look at his 37.5 sacks and his 15.5 sack year and pay him

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Again, tag him and get Campbell. Then at years end let Matt go in a trade.

Sent from my SM-J337P using Tapatalk
    You can't trade him if he isn't signed.

10. Re: Matt Judon

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    You can't trade him if he isn't signed.
    You can tag and trade FAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    You can tag and trade FAs.
    Not at the end of the year though, unless you tag him again.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

12. Re: Matt Judon

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Not at the end of the year though, unless you tag him again.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    True. I should have read until the end of the block quote. My bad!