Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Judon

Re: Matt Judon

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    No doubt about it IMHO.
    Yeah I would expect it too.

I agree tagging him is the best solutions, but I don't think he'll play under the tag. It would have to be a tag to give us time to figure something out.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    MANIFESTO TIME!

- Sign Javon Hargraves, 1T
    - Sign Adrian Clayborn, RUSH

You now need a SAM to play with Bowser and a pass rushing 3T to replace Wormley who can go work at starbucks for all I care.

Draft time:
    - R1 - Chaisson
    - R2 - WR (sooo much depth at WR that someone good will be there - similar to a guy like TML beign available in the top of 3 last year)
    - R3 - Trade up for Troy Dye who can come in and play WLB
    We have 4 R4 picks, assuming the Mosley pick is a comp 4th + Brown comp 4th:
    - Raqeuon Williams is your rotational IDL pass rusher
    - Jake Hanson, Shane Lemieux or Ben Bredson is our IOL guy who is a scheme fit, similar to Powers (Mobile enough, but very powerful guys)
    - K'von Wallace is your sCB depth who can also play the DB/S role in the dime.
    - JD Spielman is your future sWR.

Updated front 7:
    SAM - Chaisson / Bowser
    5T - Still Wormley, but we barely play the base, hell I can be our 5T
    3T - B-Will
    1T - Hargraves
    RUSH - Clayborn / Ferguson (who can slide inside on pass downs)
    WLB - Dye
    MLB - Fort

Thank you for attending my Ted Talk
    Thank you for saying this about Wormley. I don't think he has made a play all year. What does he even do? Or do well?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks Judon will hold out if he's tagged?

He's been talking about getting paid on Twitter for 2 years now... not like in a negative way toward the Ravens, but he just mentions it a lto.
    Sure. Don’t really think that is a reason to not use it. Tag him, see what happens in free agency. If you get the guys you want then you can rescind the tag. Or hold him to it and work out a trade. Won’t get a bunch, less than Houston got for Clowney, but it’ll be something.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Sure. Don’t really think that is a reason to not use it. Tag him, see what happens in free agency. If you get the guys you want then you can rescind the tag. Or hold him to it and work out a trade. Won’t get a bunch, less than Houston got for Clowney, but it’ll be something.
    For sure. Not saying don't use it.

The optimal approach if they decide Judon is the premium guy they want to pay is to tag him and get a year of him on the tag. See if he matches his production, you can also see if Bowser and Ferg + rookie they bring in take steps.

You'd be making the long term decision on Judon next year with a lot more information at your disposal than this year.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

If Judon leaves, let's hope he gets crazy money and has a first season like Z Smith did. Probably a 4th round comp

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If Judon leaves, let's hope he gets crazy money and has a first season like Z Smith did. Probably a 4th round comp
    Except for the crazy money Z Smith should still be in purple.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28514643

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28514643

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

So who would be a possible trade partner? If one goes by last year's two such trades then you are limiting the likely teams to a) the NFC, b) who have a decent amount of cap space and c) have fairly low sack totals. Such teams:

- Seattle 8 draft picks including the 27th overall. How much do they regret trading away Frank Clark?
    - Giants They have 7 picks but I can't imagine them trading away the 4th overall pick for Judon even if they need an EDGE guy badly.
    - Cardinals who have 7 picks. Could they part with the 8th overall pick? hard to see that.
    - Philly who project to have 10 draft picks and have the 21st overall pick. Hmmm.....
    - Detroit. They have 7 picks but one can't expect them to give up their first rounder which is 3rd overall
    - Tampa Has 6 picks could use an EDGE guy and pick 14th overall. Their pass rush was fairly good but they may have some turnover in their front 7.
    - Washington- They won't give up the #2 overall pick and they don't have a big need at EDGE
    - Denver- Okay I said no AFC teams. Don't want to give a rival a hand up. BUT Denver: loads of cap space, good but not great pass rush, 11 draft picks ( including the 15th overall, 5 in the top 100) and an idiot as a GM. They don't need an EDGE guy but again idiot as GM who traded for Flacco.

I want to put Atlanta and Chicago here but they are in cap jail.

9. Re: Matt Judon

What do we see Judon's tag-n-trade value? 2nd round pick? I think I'd take it if he's going to demand absurd money. But then we'd still need even more pass rush... tough call.

10. Re: Matt Judon

I say trade him if we can get a 1st or 2nd. The amount of money he'd take long term could be used on other players instead

11. Re: Matt Judon

The alternative is you franchise him, lose him next year, and get a 3rd round comp in two.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    What do we see Judon's tag-n-trade value? 2nd round pick? I think I'd take it if he's going to demand absurd money. But then we'd still need even more pass rush... tough call.
    I would not. Let's say the Ravens "franchise" him. Then we're guaranteed his services for 2020 and we don't have to break-the-bank because it's only a one year contract. Therefore, hypothetically I can see a team giving up a 2nd in 2020 and say a 3rd in 2021 or something along those lines. I'd rather do that than wait for a Comp Pick... Bc