Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Judon

Re: Matt Judon

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Na. Most still happy we let him walk.
    The fact that bringing in Fort and Bynes stabilized the run defense makes letting CJ walk look much better.

I never felt our ILB's were the problem. It was the OLB's losing the edge for the most part. You could argue more athletic ILB's would make a difference though. But Fort and Bynes were solid.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    But do you need a premium guy? 2 50 cent pieces = 1 dollar.
    I feel the same.

The front 7 had plenty of opportunities to win one on one matchups and they just couldn't do it with all the blitzing. I don't think one guy is going to suddenly allow guys to win those same matchups they failed miserably at last year.

We need more than one...just signing Clowney is not going to solve our pass rush problems. Nor do I think you max out the cap by franchising Judon and then signing Clowney to a massive UFA contract that likely will be approaching $20 million annually.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I feel the same.

The front 7 had plenty of opportunities to win one on one matchups and they just couldn't do it with all the blitzing. I don't think one guy is going to suddenly allow guys to win those same matchups they failed miserably at last year.

We need more than one...just signing Clowney is not going to solve our pass rush problems. Nor do I think you max out the cap by franchising Judon and then signing Clowney to a massive UFA contract that likely will be approaching $20 million annually.
    MANIFESTO TIME!

- Sign Javon Hargraves, 1T
    - Sign Adrian Clayborn, RUSH

You now need a SAM to play with Bowser and a pass rushing 3T to replace Wormley who can go work at starbucks for all I care.

Draft time:
    - R1 - Chaisson
    - R2 - WR (sooo much depth at WR that someone good will be there - similar to a guy like TML beign available in the top of 3 last year)
    - R3 - Trade up for Troy Dye who can come in and play WLB
    We have 4 R4 picks, assuming the Mosley pick is a comp 4th + Brown comp 4th:
    - Raqeuon Williams is your rotational IDL pass rusher
    - Jake Hanson, Shane Lemieux or Ben Bredson is our IOL guy who is a scheme fit, similar to Powers (Mobile enough, but very powerful guys)
    - K'von Wallace is your sCB depth who can also play the DB/S role in the dime.
    - JD Spielman is your future sWR.

Updated front 7:
    SAM - Chaisson / Bowser
    5T - Still Wormley, but we barely play the base, hell I can be our 5T
    3T - B-Will
    1T - Hargraves
    RUSH - Clayborn / Ferguson (who can slide inside on pass downs)
    WLB - Dye
    MLB - Fort

Thank you for attending my Ted Talk
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

I like that idea better than paying Judon $16M+ AAV.

I'm ok with letting Judon test the market. If the market allows, then he's a good piece to have in house. If he prices out then so be it.

Sometimes with stars you have to replace a player (e.g. Ray, Reed, Suggs), but sometimes you just have to replace the production. Judon is a guy where you're just looking to replace the production. We may not be able to score a pass rusher with 9.5 sacks, but if we get a rookie who can give us 5 along with a 3 sack improvement from Ferguson/Bowser then we come out on top.

I think the team will have to figure something out though because I think we're at the start of a good run. Barring an injury, I don't think we'll be picking top 15 for quite some time.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Franchise tag Judon, look for a pass rusher in FA AND draft one. We need to add to at least one to Judon, if he goes we need two at least. AT LEAST.

Blog Entries

if Judon hits the market - he's gone. There are teams out there with boatloads of cap space and he has more sacks than Z Smith did. Or more 'sack'

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

We have to franchise him because there's just no way to know what will happen in FA or the draft. It's easy to say "pay for ____ "or "draft _____" but those aren't guarantees. Judon is unfortunately the ONLY pass rush we could mark down as a player on next years squad.

Blog Entries

If they decide Judon isn’t worth the money then Mario Addison is worth a look.

Am I the only one that thinks Judon will hold out if he's tagged?

He's been talking about getting paid on Twitter for 2 years now... not like in a negative way toward the Ravens, but he just mentions it a lto.
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks Judon will hold out if he's tagged?

He's been talking about getting paid on Twitter for 2 years now... not like in a negative way toward the Ravens, but he just mentions it a lto.
    No doubt about it IMHO.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.