Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 232425

Thread: Matt Judon

Re: Matt Judon

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Not at the end of the year though, unless you tag him again.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    True. I should have read until the end of the block quote. My bad!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Someone is going to Beasley. He won't get top money but he's going to get more than people think. There will be a couple of GMs or coaches who were high on him during the draft and think they can succeed where the Falcons failed. This is a guy with almost 40 sacks and someone who had an All Pro season. He's not a bust or someone with injury issues like Shane Ray. Beasley is someone who didn't live up to expectations much like Dante Fowler from the same draft class. Fowler got $12 million in a 1 year prove it deal last year. I can see Beasley getting a multi-year deal with that kind of average. I sure wouldn't want to pay him that but pass rushers are in such demand that someone is going to look at his 37.5 sacks and his 15.5 sack year and pay him
    While I agree with everything you said regarding Beasley and his contract, Dante Fowler is a much better player and is not a great comp. Beasleys all pro year may have been one the luckiest results from a pass rushing efficiency prospective of all time. He had a crazy number of sacks vs pressures. And he still racks up a few sacks, but largely coverage and very little in the way of creating consistent pressure. He really isnít good

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    While I agree with everything you said regarding Beasley and his contract, Dante Fowler is a much better player and is not a great comp. Beasleys all pro year may have been one the luckiest results from a pass rushing efficiency prospective of all time. He had a crazy number of sacks vs pressures. And he still racks up a few sacks, but largely coverage and very little in the way of creating consistent pressure. He really isnít good
    Have you looked at how often he is sent on a blitz? According to Pro football reference he was sent 22 times in 18 and 34 times last year. He was also converted to ED and played significant snaps there for both years.

That kind of matters. The fact he had 13 sacks and 38 pressures (20 in 18' and 18 in 19') in that kind of role isn't as bad as you would think.

Judon as an example was sent on a blitz 150 times last season and had 31 pressures and 9.5 sacks. Did Beasley have some all pro year? No but to me he has shown he can beat his man and create pressure I'd be more then happy to have him as our 2nd starting OLB.

As far as Fowler goes he had the much better year and plays the run better but he also is going to get a huge contract.