Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Season Ticket Price Increase

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    This is a me problem, but its also a problem for anyone who sells any of their tickets.
    Actually it's not. My buddy has three seats along with my two. He often sells his three seats -- sometimes I get them for friends of mine. The deal has always been neither of us ever pays each other for preseason. The tickets have no value. For regular season, the price is face value. So he now gets more for his tickets than he used to under the old structure.

The market starts with face value. If you choose to give people a discount off of that, that's on you.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Re: Season Ticket Price Increases? Maybe?

For the first 10
    Minutes of the playoff game I couldn’t even hear myself yelling. The place was electric. The bank is back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    What hurt your pocket was not the pricing strategy but the market it’d, or t least the market as it resides in your head.
    You agreed to sell the tickets for a certain price. Bid you felt it was worth more you should have sold it for more or kept it. The fact that the team I creasing the face value on their regular season tickets didn’t help you raise your sale price is your fault not theirs.

And I repeat, the fact anyone ever paid you a dime for a preseason ticket is flabbergasting to me, i have personally never even heard of anyone asking money for them. They are the tax paid to secure your seats. This pricing strategy was designed to help people like you and absolutely should have. I would suggest altering your pricing strategy so it does not. Our recent success will likely help you get back over face value again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Preseason games are not the tax, PSLs were that tax. I can't alter the prices if the market doesnt dictate that I can. The secondary market tells you what the actual market is, and tickets are still available under face value there for most games!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    It's neither indirect or direct. That's the point you're missing. Your cost to buy them did not go up. You can't call it an indirect price increase just because the resale value of some of your tickets takes a hit. Can't equate the value of your investment going down to an indirect price increase.
    Sure I can, If I got more money before the change and less since, It's very simple to equate that loss as an indirect price increase.

Sure I can, If I got more money before the change and less since, It's very simple to equate that loss as an indirect price increase.
    Except that you are missing the whole point that the team got stale and boring and attendance went in Th e shitter for a few years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    For the first 10
    Minutes of the playoff game I couldn’t even hear myself yelling. The place was electric. The bank is back.
    That 3rd down that forced the delay of game was the loudest I've ever heard M&T. Would like to hear if others say the same...
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore35 View Post
    That 3rd down that forced the delay of game was the loudest I've ever heard M&T. Would like to hear if others say the same...
    It was pretty loud. Much louder than anything in recent memory. But it used to be that loud every time Ray Lewis came out of the tunnel. Games like the Sunday night in 2010 vs the Steelers it was that loud all game long.

But yeah, this is the first time in a long time that my ears were still ringing when I got home. Kudos!
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore35 View Post
    Not the loudest it's ever been (nothing has ever come close to Heap's winning TD against San Diego in 2006), but definitely close to it. Down on the sidelines, I could FEEL the sound pressure in my ears. The only other time I remember that happening was the aforementioned Heap TD. I could still hear myself screaming 2 weeks ago - I could not do that in the other game.

Now, if only we all could bring that intensity every week!

Blog Entries

Been there for 17 years and it was the loudest I've heard it. I was there for the Heap/SD game and that was always my answer previously to loudest I'd ever heard it, but I think the first Titans drive of the playoff game was louder. Of course, it's been over a decade since that game, so it could be recency bias. but my ears were actually hurting and they've never hurt during or after a game. It was cool. Shame the team didn't give us reason to stay that way throughout.

I know the decibel reader they put up on the video boards is of dubious accuracy, but it was jumping between 115 and 120 db during that drive. The rest of the season it usually topped out around 102 at the most.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Except that you are missing the whole point that the team got stale and boring and attendance went in Th e shitter for a few years.

The play was not the #1 reason for the attendance drop!, in the ))'s there were several seasons where the play was boring and every seat was still filled

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

I know the decibel reader they put up on the video boards is of dubious accuracy, but it was jumping between 115 and 120 db during that drive. The rest of the season it usually topped out around 102 at the most.
    That decibel reader is just a prop, not an actual gauge. I would like to see an actual reading during the Anthem, The "O" was one of the loudest I can remember

That decibel reader is just a prop, not an actual gauge. I would like to see an actual reading during the Anthem, The "O" was one of the loudest I can remember
    Yeah, the fact that they display it often while blasting music over the loudspeakers kinda tells you it’s BS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."