Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Season Ticket Price Increase

Quote Originally Posted by defiance211 View Post
    I’ve literally never waited 40 minutes to get in the Stadium
    We usually arrive around 11:45- 12:00 to the entrance gate A for a 1:00PM day game. Usually only a 5 minute wait. I have seen the lines reaching toward Johnny U and Ray Lewis statues at 30 minutes prior to kickoff.

Blog Entries

Re: Season Ticket Price Increases? Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    It would be unwise to raise tickets after seeing the sizable reduction in the number of no-shows (rainy days excluded) for the 2019 season. After adding escalators, new big screen, and an exciting product on the field, attendance for 2020 and PSL values could return to the levels of the 00's.

Bisciotti approving a price increase would be akin to a politician raising taxes in an election year. I believe he is more interested in maintaining and growing Ravens support.
    PSL values will never return to the value that they were in the 00's. New fans don't value sitting in the same location and building the camaraderie with the people around them as fans did 10 years ago. Even with a 14-2 season, I don't see attendance ever getting back to where every game is full, not just "sold out"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    No, it was a change in accounting, your suggestion was a direct price decrease, which won’t happen until people stop going to games and buying tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lowering preseason games and raising regular season tickets was an indirect price increase to PSL owners who sell some of their tickets. Me for instance, I have an extra ticket for each game that I either sell to a different person every game, or sell on Stub Hub. the cost of my tickets for the season is $720 which was $72 a game, then they switched it to $40 for preseason games and $80 for regular season. When preseason games were $72, people expected to pay about half price, roughly $35 a ticket, then for the regular season games, I would charge between $72- 90ish avg Id say $85, so I'd get about $750 for the season. That $40 preseason ticket people still expected to pay half price around $20 and those regular season tickets people still want to pay around $85 for, because thats about the max that people value most regular season games at (you can look at the secondary market to gauge this). with the new flex pricing, it has become even worse, preseason games go for $6 on Stubhub, so after fees they are not even worth selling, regular season games can't really be marked up at all because Pittsburgh and New England are now $100 games, and NYJ and Houston are now $66, with Bengals, Cardinals, and Browns being $80. Since these changes I have lost money every season on my extra ticket, which make my cost to attend games higher!

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    Lowering preseason games and raising regular season tickets was an indirect price increase to PSL owners who sell some of their tickets. Me for instance, I have an extra ticket for each game that I either sell to a different person every game, or sell on Stub Hub. the cost of my tickets for the season is $720 which was $72 a game, then they switched it to $40 for preseason games and $80 for regular season. When preseason games were $72, people expected to pay about half price, roughly $35 a ticket, then for the regular season games, I would charge between $72- 90ish avg Id say $85, so I'd get about $750 for the season. That $40 preseason ticket people still expected to pay half price around $20 and those regular season tickets people still want to pay around $85 for, because thats about the max that people value most regular season games at (you can look at the secondary market to gauge this). with the new flex pricing, it has become even worse, preseason games go for $6 on Stubhub, so after fees they are not even worth selling, regular season games can't really be marked up at all because Pittsburgh and New England are now $100 games, and NYJ and Houston are now $66, with Bengals, Cardinals, and Browns being $80. Since these changes I have lost money every season on my extra ticket, which make my cost to attend games higher!
    Sorry bout your bad luck.
    This sounds like a you problem though, not anyone else’s. The team doesn’t care if you MAKE money off the resale of their ticket.
    If you sold these tickets legally at face value or under, this would save you money as I very literally never heard anyone that would pay a penny for a preseason ticket.
    The fact you got half price for a full rate ticket is highway robbery.
    I used to buy single game tickets off a guy every year, the agreed upon rate was our agreed upon determination of his cost. Face value *10/8. Or 1.125*face, because the preseason games were simply the tax to get the same seats every game, every year.

Have to agree with Johnboy. That's a you problem. You decided to incur the extra cost. Your cost to buy them stayed the same.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

I'm struggling to understand why Brtnder81 lost money when premium pricing was introduced, but I can get thickheaded trying to understand financial transactions. In any event: sorry to see him lose money.

There's chance that we'll soon see the end of the exhibition game scam (first introduced here by Bourbon Bob over 40 years ago). It appears that there's a reasonable opportunity for the 17-2 game format to be implemented by the successor NFLPA agreement, starting with the 2021 season.

Bisciotti may decide that the extra revenue from a single exhibition isn't worth continuing the ill-will towards the paying fans, which is created by the mandatory exhibition game scam. That single "home" exhibition could be played nearby, such as at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial or Byrd stadium vs the Slurs, or at Univ Delaware stadium vs Eagles, which - if well-promoted - could possibly generate as much revenue as if it were played in Baltimore (without the mandatory tickets for PSL owners).

In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

7. Re: Season Ticket Price Increases? Maybe?

PSL values will never return to the value that they were in the 00's. New fans don't value sitting in the same location and building the camaraderie with the people around them as fans did 10 years ago. Even with a 14-2 season, I don't see attendance ever getting back to where every game is full, not just "sold out"
    I think the crowds next season are going to be similar to 2000-2014. We'll have a lot of "premiere" Prime time games & the Bank will be Rocking. Also, that London incident may have been let go after our 14-2 season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Sorry bout your bad luck.
    This sounds like a you problem though, not anyone else’s. The team doesn’t care if you MAKE money off the resale of their ticket.
    If you sold these tickets legally at face value or under, this would save you money as I very literally never heard anyone that would pay a penny for a preseason ticket.
    The fact you got half price for a full rate ticket is highway robbery.
    I used to buy single game tickets off a guy every year, the agreed upon rate was our agreed upon determination of his cost. Face value *10/8. Or 1.125*face, because the preseason games were simply the tax to get the same seats every game, every year.

This is a me problem, but its also a problem for anyone who sells any of their tickets. I'm not sure why you used the word legally (making it sound as if I'm doing something that is illegal) If I sold tickets for under face value how exactly would that save me any money?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Have to agree with Johnboy. That's a you problem. You decided to incur the extra cost. Your cost to buy them stayed the same.
    As I said it was an indirect price increase!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I'm struggling to understand why Brtnder81 lost money when premium pricing was introduced, but I can get thickheaded trying to understand financial transactions. In any event: sorry to see him lose money.

There's chance that we'll soon see the end of the exhibition game scam (first introduced here by Bourbon Bob over 40 years ago). It appears that there's a reasonable opportunity for the 17-2 game format to be implemented by the successor NFLPA agreement, starting with the 2021 season.

Bisciotti may decide that the extra revenue from a single exhibition isn't worth continuing the ill-will towards the paying fans, which is created by the mandatory exhibition game scam. That single "home" exhibition could be played nearby, such as at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial or Byrd stadium vs the Slurs, or at Univ Delaware stadium vs Eagles, which - if well-promoted - could possibly generate as much revenue as if it were played in Baltimore (without the mandatory tickets for PSL owners).

because people still view the value of a game ticket for most games to be around $85, but for teams like the Bengals, Jets, and Texans, the value was more like $40-50. So if I got $20 for each preseason game (which I didnt get) $85 for 5 games and $50 for 3 games that = $615 for the season which is a $105 loss, Before the price changes, I would never take a loss

As I said it was an indirect price increase!
    It's neither indirect or direct. That's the point you're missing. Your cost to buy them did not go up. You can't call it an indirect price increase just because the resale value of some of your tickets takes a hit. Can't equate the value of your investment going down to an indirect price increase.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

This is a me problem, but its also a problem for anyone who sells any of their tickets. I'm not sure why you used the word legally (making it sound as if I'm doing something that is illegal) If I sold tickets for under face value how exactly would that save me any money?
    What hurt your pocket was not the pricing strategy but the market it’d, or t least the market as it resides in your head.
    You agreed to sell the tickets for a certain price. Bid you felt it was worth more you should have sold it for more or kept it. The fact that the team I creasing the face value on their regular season tickets didn’t help you raise your sale price is your fault not theirs.

And I repeat, the fact anyone ever paid you a dime for a preseason ticket is flabbergasting to me, i have personally never even heard of anyone asking money for them. They are the tax paid to secure your seats. This pricing strategy was designed to help people like you and absolutely should have. I would suggest altering your pricing strategy so it does not. Our recent success will likely help you get back over face value again.