Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Season Ticket Price Increases? Maybe?

Hey PSL season ticket owners are you ready for ANOTHER HUGE ticket price INCREASE?? I am guessing that it will be another 12% to 15% increase for the seats downstairs. (WHY ARE ALL SEATS NOT RAISED THE SAME AMOUNT???) At least now if we decide NOT to renew our tickets the PSL market has gone up a little and maybe we can make some money off the PSL's we purchased so that Stevie could buy the team.

Last increase a couple years ago were for the upgrades to the stadium. Can't imagine what they will use as a excuse to raise tickets again. How about a better system to get fans in the stadium so they don't stand in line for 30 to 40 minutes at the gate. Maybe buy a few more hand scanners so that we did have to wait for the ushers to pass around the ONE scanner at each entrance. That was really stupid at the last game. Thanks Lamar, I enjoyed watching you at the stadium, hope that I am not forced to sell because of the BIG increase.

2. Re: Season Ticket Price Increase

Quote Originally Posted by Section 120 View View Post
    Hey PSL season ticket owners are you ready for ANOTHER HUGE ticket price INCREASE?? I am guessing that it will be another 12% to 15% increase for the seats downstairs. (WHY ARE ALL SEATS NOT RAISED THE SAME AMOUNT???) At least now if we decide NOT to renew our tickets the PSL market has gone up a little and maybe we can make some money off the PSL's we purchased so that Stevie could buy the team.

Last increase a couple years ago were for the upgrades to the stadium. Can't imagine what they will use as a excuse to raise tickets again. How about a better system to get fans in the stadium so they don't stand in line for 30 to 40 minutes at the gate. Maybe buy a few more hand scanners so that we did have to wait for the ushers to pass around the ONE scanner at each entrance. That was really stupid at the last game. Thanks Lamar, I enjoyed watching you at the stadium, hope that I am not forced to sell because of the BIG increase.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

Re: Season Ticket Price Increase

AT&T who owns DirecTV just raised their prices again in January. The price has gone up significantly since they bought DirecTV 5 years ago. They've lost about 6 million subscribers since they started raising price but every year they still go up.

Blog Entries

They havent directly raised prices in a few years, but there have been 2 indirect price increases recently. One was when they started charging less for preseason games, and raised the regular season prices, and the other was last season when they started doing the flex pricing where each game was a different price. Both screwed PSL owners that sell some of their tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    They havent directly raised prices in a few years, but there have been 2 indirect price increases recently. One was when they started charging less for preseason games, and raised the regular season prices, and the other was last season when they started doing the flex pricing where each game was a different price. Both screwed PSL owners that sell some of their tickets.
    The change in pricing for preseason versus regular season games was in response to a request by PSL owners. It was thought that no one wants preseason tickets so the secondary market would bring more if the regular season tickets were priced higher then preseason tickets.

I'd rather buy the latest tv every year.

Quote Originally Posted by burnwood View Post
    I'd rather buy the latest tv every year.
    Me too and it’s not close. I wouldn’t take upper deck seats for free:
    The game is a dramatically better spectator sport on television, IMO. The game day experience is meh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    The change in pricing for preseason versus regular season games was in response to a request by PSL owners. It was thought that no one wants preseason tickets so the secondary market would bring more if the regular season tickets were priced higher then preseason tickets.
    That is what the team would like you to think, but the request by PSL owners was to lower the price of preseason tickets, not raise the regular season prices, the regular season games didnt somehow become more valuable, but we wanted prices lowered for games that have increasingly became less valuable. I'd like to not be forced to pay more for a preseason game than someone can buy a regular season game ticket for every game for (Southwest boarding pass)

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    That is what the team would like you to think, but the request by PSL owners was to lower the price of preseason tickets, not raise the regular season prices, the regular season games didnt somehow become more valuable, but we wanted prices lowered for games that have increasingly became less valuable. I'd like to not be forced to pay more for a preseason game than someone can buy a regular season game ticket for every game for (Southwest boarding pass)
    Yeah but that doesn’t work..: Your suggestion wasn’t realistic.., their answer was.

I’ve literally never waited 40 minutes to get in the Stadium

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Me too and it’s not close. I wouldn’t take upper deck seats for free:
    The game is a dramatically better spectator sport on television, IMO. The game day experience is meh...

I love the gameday experience. There's nothing like seeing the whole thing live in action and hearing the crowd. I like to watch things you can't see on TV, like how deep the safeties are, who just subbed in and what's happening on the sidelines. I use binoculars and just take the whole thing in. Yea it sucks when it's pouring rain, when you sit in traffic or have to deal with that drunk guy. But the benefits still outweigh the negatives for me. With that said, for the games where I do watch from home there's nothing like having a nice 65" 4K with fridge and restroom right there and no line! For sure!

As for the flex pricing, it doesn't really matter if you attend all the games. The one I could not attend this year I just gave to family. I'd rather see the NFL drop one useless preseason game all together.

Final Tip: Get to the stadium gates at least 45 minutes ahead of game-time and you'll never wait long in line, if any wait at all. Tailgater's flood the gates in the final 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I love the gameday experience. There's nothing like seeing the whole thing live in action and hearing the crowd. I like to watch things you can't see on TV, like how deep the safeties are, who just subbed in and what's happening on the sidelines. I use binoculars and just take the whole thing in. Yea it sucks when it's pouring rain, when you sit in traffic or have to deal with that drunk guy. But the benefits still outweigh the negatives for me. With that said, for the games where I do watch from home there's nothing like having a nice 65" 4K with fridge and restroom right there and no line! For sure!

As for the flex pricing, it doesn't really matter if you attend all the games. The one I could not attend this year I just gave to family. I'd rather see the NFL drop one useless preseason game all together.

Final Tip: Get to the stadium gates at least 45 minutes ahead of game-time and you'll never wait long in line, if any wait at all. Tailgater's flood the gates in the final 30 minutes.
    I totally get it, and this my friend, is why we live in America and can have options. We can vote with our wallet, so I support the league through Tv revenue.