Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Harbs end of season presser

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    The Chris Moore experiment should be over now. He never took that next step like many thought or hoped he would. Not even from a special teams standpoint. I think we can find an undrafted guy to fill in just as well.

THey should be looking for an upgrade at WR, namely someone with Size and speed on the outside.
    Roberts was pretty much was most expected. He had decent hands and blocked very well but I doubt he will be a priority coming back.

I would understand the Chris Moore experiment if he actually was involved in the offense more last year.He was only targeted 5 times last year compared to being targeted 25 times in 2018. Him having issues with his hand/thumb didn't make matters better but for the most part he just wasn't involved in the offense all that much. Both Willie Snead and Seth Roberts had down years receiving yard wise so how could we really expect someone like Moore to blossom. I'm not saving Moore is some elite receiver that just need a opportunity but honestly our passing just wasn't really all that efficent or versatile enough for me to even judge the wide receiver core.

1. Judon is already 28, as much as i like him, we need to let him walk. Use that money for Yannick Ngakoue
    2. No WR wants to come here and block.....

Quote Originally Posted by ninetysixer View Post
    1. Judon is already 28, as much as i like him, we need to let him walk. Use that money for Yannick Ngakoue
    2. No WR wants to come here and block.....
    Don't think Yannick Ngakoue can be a everydown edge rusher in The Ravens scheme. He seems like Elvis Dumervil type of player whom you want to get after the passer on obvious passing downs. Judon is good sam linebacker and that isn't the easy to find especially one that's better than Courney Upshaw or Albert Mccellan for that matter. Drafting a rookie edge rusher and asking him to learn the sam linebacker role right of the gate may be asking too much. Not sure if The Ravens should have high confidence that Tyus Bowser and Jaylon Ferguson will be able to step up to the plate in that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    I would understand the Chris Moore experiment if he actually was involved in the offense more last year.He was only targeted 5 times last year compared to being targeted 25 times in 2018. Him having issues with his hand/thumb didn't make matters better but for the most part he just wasn't involved in the offense all that much. Both Willie Snead and Seth Roberts had down years receiving yard wise so how could we really expect someone like Moore to blossom. I'm not saving Moore is some elite receiver that just need a opportunity but honestly our passing just wasn't really all that efficent or versatile enough for me to even judge the wide receiver core.
    Was that scheme or just the WR weren’t dynamic enough to really create/run a dynamic passing attack?

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Ugh just bummed the world gets to see freaking Ryan Tannehill over Lamar on Sunday

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    The world, except for Raven haters (and maybe even including Raven haters) agrees with you.

I was going to make a joke about the hot new QB in the league, Ryan Tannehill, but did not. You kind of beat me to it with this.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    The world, except for Raven haters (and maybe even including Raven haters) agrees with you.

I was going to make a joke about the hot new QB in the league, Ryan Tannehill, but did not. You kind of beat me to it with this.
    He's just so... milquetoast! At least the other 3 playing this weekend have something interesting going for them

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    He's just so... milquetoast! At least the other 3 playing this weekend have something interesting going for them

I think there's something inherently interesting about a Wild Card going all the way. He's the underdog. He's never been a superstar like the others. He's been in and out of starting, and now he's finally got a chance to win it all. Kinda like Foles' story. I'm interested I don't know.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Don't think Yannick Ngakoue can be a everydown edge rusher in The Ravens scheme. He seems like Elvis Dumervil type of player whom you want to get after the passer on obvious passing downs. Judon is good sam linebacker and that isn't the easy to find especially one that's better than Courney Upshaw or Albert Mccellan for that matter. Drafting a rookie edge rusher and asking him to learn the sam linebacker role right of the gate may be asking too much. Not sure if The Ravens should have high confidence that Tyus Bowser and Jaylon Ferguson will be able to step up to the plate in that role.
    fair enough, and yes, Judon is great in all 3 phases. But are you willing to throw 5 years, $100 million to a guy who is already 28? We need at least one Defensive end, 2 inside linebackers and at least one outside linebacker.

He was talked up all off season by Harbaugh saying he would be given every opportunity to seize a starting role and he did not.

He has been through Flacco and now Jackson and has never made an impact.

Even him being resigned for PRactice Squad only I would not do. The team can and should look for an un drafted guy to take that roster spot as he contributed very little. I would rather see an opportunity for a guy who will be coming out than to see further time and money spent on him. Just my take.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

ST ace, just Moore wants to more than Matt Slader, even though Slader is a HOF player. If Moore was a better WR I could understand that, just whenever he's been given the opportunity to prove himself he's been adequate at best. I wish the best for him, and results show outstanding ST play, but disappointing at best WR performance. That oob play this year sealed it for him. IMHO I wish he could see how special he could be as a ST ace.

I'd like to see them franchise Judon and see if he keeps this up next season. If he does, then maybe we look at a long term deal. But however they do it I hope Judon returns next season. We need him

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Was that scheme or just the WR weren’t dynamic enough to really create/run a dynamic passing attack?
    Year 1 - rushing attack - simple 2018
    Year 2 - passing attack - simple, lots of mirror concepts
    Rushing attack - complex 2019
    I predict:
    Year 3 - rushing attack - complex (maybe 2019 was only moderately complex and they increase the complexity in 2020)
    Passing attack - increases to moderate complexity 2020

Year 4 - rushing attack well established and complex, passing attack increases in complexity as the two merge into a truly integrated system that isn't a separate set of two games, but rather a unique system that may have a new name attributed to it (like the: Harbaugh/Urban/Roman/Culley diamond or the - HURC offense ) something like west coast or sit Correyl <sic>

The passing attack was installed this year like the rushing attack was installed last year. I see the jump this year to increasing the complexity of the passing game this coming year with similar (but always wrinkles) rushing attack.