Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Harbs end of season presser

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    You realize that Boykin is nearly a clone of Metcalf, right?
    I don’t see it at all. DK is a freak. Boykin is JAG for now.

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTTRACK View Post
    I expect him to be accountable with straightforward answers vs his tap dance ...he totally avoided the Humphrey choke comments, he glossed over why in the world Edwards and Hill weren’t involved, why no adjustments were made, etc etc “We got yards” What about getting points? Every coach is now talking about cap room, draft picks and a bright outlook for next season...this was a golden opportunity that may not come again....Harbs doesn’t ever address really anything and doesn’t really feel like he has to which is why one of his first orders of business was getting rid of the weekly fan/coach call in show which Billick enjoyed and he despised. Because he doesn’t like being questioned and acts beyond reproach...While
    I don’t expect him to throw folks under the bus publicly I do expect him to keep it real vs the sugarcoat even Trippy Tomlin will own up and say “we earned that loss”....the pressers are the same and the results are the same....3 straight playoff losses (2 at home) and 18 straight losses when trailing at the half...

NOBODY CARES
    MAKE A HALFTIME ADJUSTMENT

What do people expect to be said about Humphrey’s comments.?

They were accurate . Next.., Don’t ever let it happen again... what more can you say? 3 weeks off was too many, we get that, not doing it again, Bet poking past a 6 seed, got it. All they can do is show it on the field, there is nothing really to talk about; we all know what has to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    What do people expect to be said about Humphrey’s comments.?

They were accurate . Next.., Don’t ever let it happen again... what more can you say? 3 weeks off was too many, we get that, not doing it again, Bet poking past a 6 seed, got it. All they can do is show it on the field, there is nothing really to talk about; we all know what has to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It’s easy to be accurate if you speak in generalizations, metaphors, or completely digress from the issue....What I expect is better than this:

One of the Ravens best defensive young players and 1st rounder stated after the end of the game and then backed it up a day later that their identity now is playoff chokers...Harbs response “ I don’t think our guys take too seriously too much of what gets said, especially in the heat of the moment.” Non-answer.

More insight “We didn’t play our game.” Non-answer...why didn’t you play your game? Even better “We’ve got to get better just to stay the same,” WTF? and then of course he’s always “excited” and “This isn't an ending, it's beginning of something special” which it was the end to the season, nothing is guaranteed with injuries, the bounce of the ball, the other team tries too, and of course totally playing flat and abandoning your strengths, etc etc..and it seems also most like a sense of entitlement that these opportunities will always be there....even so at some point all of that would have to equate to a come from behind wins and a some advancement in the playoffs.....the best quote was "I feel like we've been here before," yes John we have

NOBODY CARES
    MAKE A HALFTIME ADJUSTMENT
    Last edited by SHORTTRACK; 01-18-2020 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    You realize that Boykin is nearly a clone of Metcalf, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    I don’t see it at all. DK is a freak. Boykin is JAG for now.
    See it or don't, they're very much peers. Boykin is actually more athletic & agile. DK probably stronger.

Blog Entries

In truth, there is no answer he would have given that would have soothed our souls.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    See it or don't, they're very much peers. Boykin is actually more athletic & agile. DK probably stronger.
    One gained the trust of his quarterback by making plays when targeted. The other is Miles Boykin. I think they tried to make him a bigger part of the passing offense early in the season, but he just wasn't a dependable enough target. Hopefully he puts in work this off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Maybe in shorts and a Tshirt. On the field, DK is a man and Miles is a child. Dk makes plays, Miles doesn’t. It just is what it is.

I seriously don't understand how you can even compare Boykin and DK at this point. I would love to be proven wrong on this. DK single handedly won that wild card playoff game.....He Took Over the game. Everyone knew he was getting the ball and they couldn't stop him. I just don't see Boykin having that ability.

Quote Originally Posted by DelaWhereRaven View Post
    I seriously don't understand how you can even compare Boykin and DK at this point. I would love to be proven wrong on this. DK single handedly won that wild card playoff game.....He Took Over the game. Everyone knew he was getting the ball and they couldn't stop him. I just don't see Boykin having that ability.
    Exactly. It’s crazy. But I guess they’re equals because of how they timed at the combine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Exactly. It’s crazy. But I guess they’re equals because of how they timed at the combine.
    Are you sure you understand how the combine works?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    That's def fair, and we were that team with Flacco countless times!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Feels identical. Sometimes it's all about timing and peaking

12. Harbs end of season presser

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    If they didn’t pay Z. Smith, I don’t see anything from Judon that makes me feel that he’s suddenly that guy worth the contract they felt Smith wasn’t.
    I agree with you Ex, but believe what most fear is an overreaction by EDC - seeing what Z did this year, and thinking Judon will be the next one that we’ll regret losing. Some say the ET signing was a panic move after losing CJ. I don’t know if there’s an ounce of truth in that theory, but I pray that we don’t overvalue Judon based up recency bias and Z’s success; 9 times out of 10, Ravens defensive players do do not get better after leaving in FA. Judon is a solid player and a streaky pass rusher that should not be paid like a premier difference-maker.

EDIT - I should have read this before posting:

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I'm afraid that since the Ravens let Zadarius Smith walk last year and he had such a good year this year, the Ravens will make a mistake to sign Judon to a long term deal and overpay. He's not worth what he will be offered by some other team. He is not an elite pass rusher/edge setter, IMO At the most, they could put the franchise tag on for next year and see what he gives you and then decide. It's a tough call cause he is the best pass rusher we have.