Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112

Re: Harbs end of season presser

The idea that getting ousted in the first round or not making it in at all is better than getting to the SB and losing is crazy to me. You have to get there to win it. I get that its
    Painful to lose that game but to get there is a big accomplishment. Shannon's take on that makes him sound like a giant baby who is mentally soft

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

I always forget -- keep accidentally assuming, just because he's here, that he's a Ravens fan.
    wow

Blog Entries

I would rather not make to the playoffs at all, then have us make it to the Super Bowl and lose.

I would rather not make it to the playoffs at all, then get embarrassed in the playoffs. We’ve gotten embarrassed in the playoffs, back to back seasons. There’s losing and there’s getting embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I would rather not make to the playoffs at all, then have us make it to the Super Bowl and lose.

I would rather not make it to the playoffs at all, then get embarrassed in the playoffs. We’ve gotten embarrassed in the playoffs, back to back seasons. There’s losing and there’s getting embarrassed.
    So hypothetically lets say we lost to San Fran in 2012 but everything prior to that went down the same. You would have rather them not made the playoffs, not won against the colts, not had the mile high miracle, and not beaten NE to go to the Super bowl?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    So hypothetically lets say we lost to San Fran in 2012 but everything prior to that went down the same. You would have rather them not made the playoffs, not won against the colts, not had the mile high miracle, and not beaten NE to go to the Super bowl?
    I’ve just never been a fan of losing Championship Games or matches. I hate it.

I get it, its frustrating and hard to stomach. I just cant possibly imagine not experiencing that game in Denver no matter what happened afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    You didn't answer the question.

So if Jimmy Smith doesn't get the stop and Crabtree comes down with the ball on that 4th-&-goal; you would rather not have had the Ray's-last-home-game win over Indy and the Mile High Miracle and the win in the AFCCG at New England?

Blog Entries

I don't think anyone is but every time there is a winner there has to be a loser. John Madden used to always say during the playoffs that only 1 team can go home happy. Same with this one. Both the Chiefs and 49ers did some impressive things this year but one of them isn't going to get the job done.

One of the great things about Lamar Jackson is that he understands this and his focus is on winning. All the noise of the MVP and post season awards doesn't seem to matter to him. In every interview it always comes back to getting better to win a Super Bowl

Blog Entries

There are many teams/fanbases that would love to have the season we just did even with it ending in the fashion it did. We've never lost a SB but we have lost a couple AFCCG and even as painful as they were, I would never trade those experiences for not making it there at all. That's just ridiculous to me honestly. I would absolutely say that if Sharpe feels that way he is mentally weak. Fortunately, our team in 2011 was not mentally weak and did not fold after losing in one of the most crushing ways possible, they manned up and got it done the next year.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52