Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Re: forgot about Suggs

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Ill always root for ex Ravens in general, unless they were total dicks for some reason (Bernard Pollard for example). Im rooting for Zsmith with the Packers too, which would make a packers/chiefs SB a good reminder of the Passrush we lost and where it can take you...

once a Raven always a Raven.

that said, the chiefs winning their first SB will only showcase how hard itll be in the coming years. i think well be perennials with Lamar, but KC is set up really well for the future as well.

I also think the 49ers will win it all, so I dont see that happening yet, but also marks another young team that should do well the next 5 years.
    Are you a Cardinal?

Blog Entries

This is quite a turn for Suggs. He leaves for Arizona, seems to have an underwhelming end to his career, is released, tries to get back to Baltimore, only to be picked off by Kansas City. Now, Baltimore is out and Suggs might still get a second ring.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This is quite a turn for Suggs. He leaves for Arizona, seems to have an underwhelming end to his career, is released, tries to get back to Baltimore, only to be picked off by Kansas City. Now, Baltimore is out and Suggs might still get a second ring.
    I know. For a minute it looked like the Ed Reed story all over again. Fate had other plans and Suggs gets to play a meaningful game this weekend and has a shot at another ring

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I know. For a minute it looked like the Ed Reed story all over again. Fate had other plans and Suggs gets to play a meaningful game this weekend and has a shot at another ring
    I kept looking for Suggs on the field in the KC-Hou game and did not notice him. Of course changing #s to 94 made it that much more difficult for the brain.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    the chiefs winning their first SB will only showcase how hard itll be in the coming years. i think well be perennials with Lamar, but KC is set up really well for the future as well.
    Cian Fahey was saying that the next 5-10 years of the AFC is shaping up to be Mahomes vs Lamar. The two of them are just head-&-shoudlers above everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I weirdly feel like we would have beaten the Titans if we had Suggs' leadership on the field telling guys not to take them lightly.
    His edge setting would've been huge

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flraven View Post
    The Chiefs beat the Vikings 23-7 in SB IV in New Orleans in 1970. I remember it because it was the bowl in between the two Baltimore Colts appearances.
    Sorry, I didnt mean all time, I meant this nucleus. Should have said Mahomes. I think hell win multiple when its all said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Are you a Cardinal?
    not sure what youre getting at here?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Cian Fahey was saying that the next 5-10 years of the AFC is shaping up to be Mahomes vs Lamar. The two of them are just head-&-shoudlers above everyone else.
    Id say thats likely from what Ive seen. back to Manning Vs Brady years.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I weirdly feel like we would have beaten the Titans if we had Suggs' leadership on the field telling guys not to take them lightly.
    Suggs might have helped remind them after the short field turnover that TEAMS LIKE TO TAKE A DEEP SHOT ON THE FIRST PLAY AFTER A TURNOVER. i thought that was common knowledge at this point but i guess it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    it might be too difficult to fathom because we all remember his time as a Dolphin, but Tannehill played out of his mind this year. kinda tough to call what's next after one successful year following years of mediocrity, but it's at least possible he has the Titans in the convo next year. i also haven't given up on DeShaun Watson. the problems with his game are correctable things. doesn't mean he will correct them, but he might.

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    it might be too difficult to fathom because we all remember his time as a Dolphin, but Tannehill played out of his mind this year. kinda tough to call what's next after one successful year following years of mediocrity, but it's at least possible he has the Titans in the convo next year. i also haven't given up on DeShaun Watson. the problems with his game are correctable things. doesn't mean he will correct them, but he might.
    I would love to see it become Lamar/Mahomes like Brady/Manning while guys like Watson and maybe Josh Allen play the roles of the Rivers/Ben as the next step down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    Suggs might have helped remind them after the short field turnover that TEAMS LIKE TO TAKE A DEEP SHOT ON THE FIRST PLAY AFTER A TURNOVER. i thought that was common knowledge at this point but i guess it wasn't.
    The one thing that seemed to be missing was someone to calm and settle everyone else down. Suggs would have at least tried to do that. Don’t know if it would have worked, but he would have played that role.

No one seemed to settle anybody down. Everyone was tense. Everyone was pressing. From the coaches to the players.

Hope he gets it. Faster path to the HOF.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012