Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chase Young?

Re: Chase Young?

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson8 View Post
    We'd be fine with just 1 of Hurst/Andrews + Boyle.

Could also sweeten the pot with RG3, which QB is another need they have. Trace McSorley would be a very capable backup for us, and we could reunite RG3 with his old team. like poetry. We can go sign replacements if we need to, and cover for losses. We are very deep at TE is all I'm saying. The draft picks would sting most, but would solve our edge rush long term.
    LOL, Skins aren't trading out of there for RG3 and a TE...they will want the draft picks.

Come on people, we have negative shot of a trade to #2.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Move from #28 to #2? That's just silly

Culex isn't that far off about the cost

The Saints to get from #12 to #5 traded with the Redskins in 1999. The cost was every pick in the draft except the 2nd round which they didn't have plus the 1st and 2nd in 2000.

Blog Entries

it's madden season again I see...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

4. Re: Chase Young?

What it would take, you'd have to hope that the Ravens slip him some intel about how to fail his interviews and piss GMs and coaches off so that he drop to our pick.

I do not believe that the Ravens have enough picks for a pick only package to work. It would probably take a package like Andrews, Marlon and our first, and they still may want next year’s first also.

He’s simply out of reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

You aren't being realistic brother. The Slurs aren't going to want RG3 or Carr. I'm sure they'd be interested in Andrews but it would make zero sense for the Ravens to move him - why would they trade Lamar's favorite target? And EDC isn't the GM who's trading 5 or 6 picks including multiple firsts to move up and take one guy.

You'd have to start at what the Falcons gave up to move from 27 to 6 for Julio, and expand on that. And even then I don't think it would happen, Young seems to be considered a transcendent player at a premium position, and the Slurs need a guy like that to reinvigorate their fan base moving forward.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Arrow Re: Chase Young?

People are hyping him up as the next Bosa. What kind of package would it take to get the Skins to give him up? And is that something we should consider? Is he the edge rusher we need?
    AJ8, I would just give up on this dream..

If the Skins are locked into Chase Young, They should be willing to shop Ryan Kerrigan.

People are hyping him up as the next Bosa. What kind of package would it take to get the Skins to give him up? And is that something we should consider? Is he the edge rusher we need?
    Being hyped up as the next Bosa is a different thing from actually BEING the next Bosa. The list of top-of-draft pass rushers who have flamed out is longer than the list that has become studs. Making a trade like that is the kind of things stupid and unsuccessful franchises do.

Forget about us drafting the big names. God willing, it will be a long time before we ever even sniff a top-10 pick again (barring some Jamal Lewis-type trade.)
    "Chin up, chest out."

This isn't the ravens MO to make a big splash like this. They value their picks so why waste it on one player when they have glaring needs at inside LB, Interior OL and WRs?
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

It’d be messed up to trade rg3 to Redskins imo.
    I don’t think he would want to play there after that whole debacle...
    All ravens fans are right about something

12. Re: Chase Young?

What would it take to get us in the ball park?
    https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

Ok, this is the Jimmy Johnson Draft value chart.

The 1/2 that the Redskins have is worth 2600.

The Ravens have 1/28 (worth 660) 2/28 (300) 3/28 (132) this year. total points there is 1092. Not even close yet.

A next years first is worth a this years 2nd. Since we don't know how well the team is going to do next year, typically, a next year's first is worth a mid 2nd. Often, you see 420 as the points for that.

Next years 1, 2, and 3 are worth - 420, 190, 70. That's 680.

This years 1,2,3 + next years 1,2,3 = 1772. Not close yet.

Pretty much, the Ravens simply won't be able to get there.

2 years away, that's 190, 70, 34. that's another 300. At 2100. For 3 years of 1,2,3 - 9 picks and the Ravens still aren't close.

That's using the Jimmy Johnson draft value chart.

Back when Sashi was the GM of the Browns, the Browns talked like they were using the Harvard Draft value chart. The Harvard Draft value chart values lower picks more highly. Perhaps if some team actually had the 1/2, wanted to trade, and used the Harvard chart, 3 years of 1,2,3 would work.

However, the Jimmy Johnson Draft chart is still used. It's not used with tremendous precision, that is a team with a 2600 pick isn't going to need 2600. But 2200 isn't going to do it. The numbers are still pretty close, and typically if there is some crazy mismatch of numbers, it's the team that's trading up to get the pick that's paying much more. If it was me, and I had the 1/2, I'd take the 9 picks, the 1,2,3 from 3 years. But that's what we're looking at.

Basically, the Ravens can't get there.

What the Ravens could be looking at, perhaps, is trading up from 28 to 22, giving up an extra 3rd rounder, if they see an edge at 22 they really like. Or giving up an extra 2nd, and getting up to 17. If the Ravens were to trade their 1,2 and 3, they could get to 14.