Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Eagles interested in Urban

@jamisonhensley
    Ravens coach John Harbaugh said it looks like his staff will stay together. He granted permission to Eagles to speak to QB coach James Urban and TE coach Bobby Engram. Both have pulled out of consideration and will remain with Ravens.

Well that will bust some narratives.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Well that will bust some narratives.
    There will be new conspiracy theories posted by the time lunch is over.

We may never know what the reasoning was. Maybe they just preferred the Ravens direction moving forward?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    Maybe the black guy sucks.
    Well maybe: but check again our performance as a passing team this season. If he sucks, then somebody's got some 'splaining to do.

There is zero reason to assume that he sucks but Urban is any good. Far more reasonable to assume they both suck or are both good.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Maybe they just preferred the Ravens direction moving forward?
    Wentz can't stay healthy, and the Pheagles don't have any WRs on the roster. Ravens a better team and a better offense and a better bet, to advance their careers.

Which team is more likely to play in their conference champship game in '21 and or '22? Eagles or Ravens? Which more likely to have a high-scoring offense with an MVP quarterback?

(I'm not pointing these questions at you, GWNR. Just at the "narratives".)

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    I think I'm getting this right. I read that Hue Jackson said that in order for black coaches to get HC interviews they had to be either QB coach or OC.
    I read a big article along those lines, couple seasons ago. It wasn't just Hue.

QB coach is a big stepping-stone job to OC. And of course OC is a big stepping-stone job to HC. Black coaches are very, very often directed toward defensive jobs. It's one of the subtle institutionalized things that go on.

Honestly, while on the one hand I want Roman to stay here forever as OC for life; on the other hand, I would kinda like to see him leave for a HC job, so Culley could finally get the OC opportunity he's been working toward. Would be good for the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    If that's true, yes, but it could be mostly job title related, which is still messed up but at least logical if they are only basing the interviews on title, but that's still screwy.
    Culley has the title Passing Game Coordinator. It was one of the pot-sweeteners Harbs offered to get him here.

If Urban and Engram pulled out of consideration then either they love The Ravens or someone getting a raise in pay.

Why would someone want to work for crappy eagles o when they can work for an offense engineered by harbs that set the league on fire and will most likely get thee guy oc/hc rolls soon

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Why would someone want to work for crappy eagles o when they can work for an offense engineered by harbs that set the league on fire and will most likely get thee guy oc/hc rolls soon
    Why wouldn’t you want to become an OC right now and not have to wait at least another year or more???

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Well maybe: but check again our performance as a passing team this season. If he sucks, then somebody's got some 'splaining to do.

There is zero reason to assume that he sucks but Urban is any good. Far more reasonable to assume they both suck or are both good.

Wentz can't stay healthy, and the Pheagles don't have any WRs on the roster. Ravens a better team and a better offense and a better bet, to advance their careers.

Which team is more likely to play in their conference champship game in '21 and or '22? Eagles or Ravens? Which more likely to have a high-scoring offense with an MVP quarterback?

(I'm not pointing these questions at you, GWNR. Just at the "narratives".)
    Just being sarcastic. I would hope that every male gets fair opportunity for advancement.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Why wouldn’t you want to become an OC right now and not have to wait at least another year or more???
    I believe we're getting an idea that Urban is the heir apparent as OC and not Culley.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

I think they realized that LJ is so unique it would be difficult to implement a "Ravens NFC" approach with the Eagles current QB situation. At least as the system exists currently.