Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Eagles interested in Urban

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    Easy fix. Fire Roman, bring up Urban. We cannot lose him. Losing him would be like losing Zorn for Flacco in lieu of keeping Cam Cameron.
    It's easy to say that but is Urban a better offensive coordinator than Roman ? . I'm not sure if losing Urban would be like losing Zorn for Flacco. We all know that Lamar Jackson worked mostly with Josh Harris during the offseason and then decided to work further on his throwing mechanics with Tom House. That's not saying that Urban didn't still help out Lamar Jackson and he definitely deserves credit but i'm also not totally convince that The Ravens should fire Roman just to keep Urban.

Would you like it if someone blocked you from a promotion because they want to see you remain right where you are? Oy.

Bring in Josh Harris to be the QB coach
    This

Blog Entries

Easy fix. Fire Roman, bring up Urban. We cannot lose him. Losing him would be like losing Zorn for Flacco in lieu of keeping Cam Cameron.
    Don't remind me of that one. Oh yeah, we care about fully developing our QB, but fire his QB coach after his best season from a technique standpoint, because they both disagree with Cameron's philosophy.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

This is just an odd turn of events. It somewhat shows you how one game can impact the future. Most of us expected that Roman would be the one to show his stuff in the playoffs, and be hired away as a Head Coach. We would then promote from within and keep it moving. Now, Roman's clearly staying and teams are instead coming for our assistants.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Bring in Josh Harris to be the QB coach
    Correct me if I’m wrong but If ravens hire josh Harris.. he can no longer work with Lamar in the off-season due to the CBA agreement. He can’t be affiliated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong but If ravens hire josh Harris.. he can no longer work with Lamar in the off-season due to the CBA agreement. He can’t be affiliated.
    Good point. His off-season communication with Jackson would be significantly limited, compared to their current off-season workload. At least, I think you're right. If not, we'll be wrong together.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    That is correct.

Give him the Asst HC title and a raise.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Don't remind me of that one. Oh yeah, we care about fully developing our QB, but fire his QB coach after his best season from a technique standpoint, because they both disagree with Cameron's philosophy.
    If Cameron and Zorn clashed due to philosophy differences then it's understandable for Harbaugh to fire Zorn. Can't have coaches apart of the staff if they can't be on the same page.But if Zorn didn't get fired then there probably would be no Jim Caldwell and no super bowl after that because Caldwell was very helpful for The Ravens playoff run and beyond in 2012. Caldwell helped Joe Flacco get paid big money and even Matthew Stafford. Regardless of Flacco losing Zorn he still got paid and got a ring

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Pretty sure there are only assistants and head coaches. Anyone who is not a head coach is an assistant (including position coaches and coordinators). You can block an assistant from taking another assistant job. I think this happened with Rick Dennison if I recall correctly.
    That's what I thought.

I'd probably eff them over on purpose, and then when I'm let go, go join the team that was interested in me
    That's the spirit.