Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Eagles interested in Urban

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Why wouldn’t you want to become an OC right now and not have to wait at least another year or more???
    Pederson is still the master play caller so he prob wouldn’t get to call plays unless pederson gave it up which is unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Pederson is still the master play caller so he prob wouldn’t get to call plays unless pederson gave it up which is unlikely

This is true but that doesn't mean a guy like James Urban or anyone still can't shine because even though they won't be calling plays it would still be up to them to come up with game planning and maybe even new ideas on offense. Look at Frank Reich he didn't call plays at all for The Eagles but was able to shine enough to get a head coaching job with The Colts.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    I think they realized that LJ is so unique it would be difficult to implement a "Ravens NFC" approach with the Eagles current QB situation. At least as the system exists currently.
    I get this but James Urban coaching career goes far beyound Greg Roman offensive system or style of offense. He's been apart of Andy Reid offense, Jay Gruden offense, Hue Jackson offense and etc. If he ever was looking to potentially become a offensive coordinator and has been taking notes from every offensive system he's been apart of up to now then I think he should be able to bring more to the table than a similar offense to Greg Roman's.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    I get this but James Urban coaching career goes far beyound Greg Roman offensive system or style of offense. He's been apart of Andy Reid offense, Jay Gruden offense, Hue Jackson offense and etc. If he ever was looking to potentially become a offensive coordinator and has been taking notes from every offensive system he's been apart of up to now then I think he should be able to bring more to the table than a similar offense to Greg Roman's.
    I'm saying that would be the Eagles perspective (they were looking for the Ravens system, not Urban's system), that's what they wanted and he didn't want any part of that.

The other potential is that they know they are part of something special here and it would take the perfect situation to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    I believe we're getting an idea that Urban is the heir apparent as OC and not Culley.
    Jumping to conclusions for no reason. If Baldy is right about Pederson retaining play-calling, then that all-by-itself would be reason enough for Urban to hesitate on the move.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Anyone else see it as an indictment of our fucked-up world, that our white QB coach is generating more coordinator-job interest from outside, than our FAR MORE EXPERIENCED black Passing Game Coordinator? Who also coached in Philly, same time as Urban was there but a longer stint?

Anyone else see an issue with that?
    BTW, in case one wanted to poke holes in my Liberal Outrage Generator here – if the Pheagles were looking to interview Bobby Engram for their OC position: well he's a black guy, last time I checked. So it's possible I was way off-base here.