Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Wtf snap counts from titans game

Abandoning the run really changed who our HC and OC trusted to win the most important game of the year
    Hill 50
    Gus 18 3 rushes
    Ingram 28 6 rushes
    Ricard 7 even with Boyle hurt
    Boykin 68
    Roberts 24

Re: Wtf snap counts from titans game

Do you have Marquise Brown's snap count?
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Do you have Marquise Brown's snap count?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Ingram 28 6 rushes
    Ingram's calf acted up. I'm sure they wanted to use him more.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Ingram's calf acted up. I'm sure they wanted to use him more.
    Agreed. Why did he play 28 snaps if he wasn't healthy enough to run more than 6 times?

Justice Hill got 50 snaps because he was more of a pass option out of the backfield.

Gus should have had 20 plus carries but once they got down 21-12 late in the 3rd qtr they totally abandoned the run.

Ingram clearly wasn't 100% and was being used more as a decoy.

Again due to being down, Boyle wasnt an option and I think he sustained some type of injury during the game.

I read somewhere that after breaking down film if you take in account that the team got down early and the fact the Ravens ran RPO with Lamar keeping it, the play calling was not that bad. When they broke it down by qtr it was basically a 50/50 split run pass until the game was 21-12 and the Ravens went more pass heavy. You also have to take into account the Ravens ran 91 plays and were down for majority of the game. A lot of people are saying that the Ravens were a different team than what got them there. I think this was a different game than what anybody was accustomed to seeing. Again to me the single biggest issue were the early TOs. If they dont turn it over and force Tennesse to have to drive the length of the field I doubt Tennessee would have been able to put up enough points. Three of the 4 scoring drives were 35, 45, and 20 yards and the 4th took a 66 yard run from Henry to put them inside the 10. I have to give it to Tennessee, the took advantage of the field position and capitalized on it, Which put the Ravens in a position they have never been in before.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

The killer part was the failure to complete passes on first down and to double down and continue to throw on first downs. 22 times they were in 2nd and 10 or more yards

They abandoned the run game the instant they got down 14-0. That guaranteed a loss.

9. Re: Wtf snap counts from titans game

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Abandoning the run really changed who our HC and OC trusted to win the most important game of the year
    Hill 50
    Gus 18 3 rushes
    Ingram 28 6 rushes
    Ricard 7 even with Boyle hurt
    Boykin 68
    Roberts 24
    As other posters have mentioned, the way the game played out had an effect on which players got playing time. Looking at totals for the game is incomplete, especially in this game when they had 38 snaps after going down 28-6 (drive 8 on)

Drive Plays Hill Ingram Edwards Ricard Andrews Hurst Boyle Brown Snead Boykin Roberts Moore
    Total

Other notables here:
    • Ricard dropping off the planet (the Ravens gained 7 yards on his 7 snaps)
    • Roberts' (drive 5) and Boyle's injuries (drive 6) clearly stand out
    • Heavy WR usage (e.g. Boykin getting more snaps on final 3 drives than majority of games, Moore getting snaps). They were gassed.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

10. Re: Wtf snap counts from titans game

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    They abandoned the run game the instant they got down 14-0. That guaranteed a loss.
    Can you share how you're drawing this conclusion?
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

11. Re: Wtf snap counts from titans game

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    Justice Hill got 50 snaps because he was more of a pass option out of the backfield.

Gus should have had 20 plus carries but once they got down 21-12 late in the 3rd qtr they totally abandoned the run.

Ingram clearly wasn't 100% and was being used more as a decoy.

Again due to being down, Boyle wasnt an option and I think he sustained some type of injury during the game.

I read somewhere that after breaking down film if you take in account that the team got down early and the fact the Ravens ran RPO with Lamar keeping it, the play calling was not that bad. When they broke it down by qtr it was basically a 50/50 split run pass until the game was 21-12 and the Ravens went more pass heavy. You also have to take into account the Ravens ran 91 plays and were down for majority of the game. A lot of people are saying that the Ravens were a different team than what got them there. I think this was a different game than what anybody was accustomed to seeing. Again to me the single biggest issue were the early TOs. If they dont turn it over and force Tennesse to have to drive the length of the field I doubt Tennessee would have been able to put up enough points. Three of the 4 scoring drives were 35, 45, and 20 yards and the 4th took a 66 yard run from Henry to put them inside the 10. I have to give it to Tennessee, the took advantage of the field position and capitalized on it, Which put the Ravens in a position they have never been in before.
    Drive q time Ravens Titans dropback run DB Cumulative Run Cumulative
    11:42
    03:31
    14:39
    11:13
    02:32
    14:55
    06:54
    04:16
    14:49
    06:25
    02:45
    Total

13 dropbacks on drive 5 (2 minute drill) throws the balance very far out of wack. 35 dropbacks (vs. 3 runs) to end the game make it way, way worse.

(92 snaps total, but I've excluded a Q4 spike. Feel free to count that as a dropback if you wish )

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Can you share how you're drawing this conclusion?
    Simple, I watched the game. They ran the ball NINE times with somebody not named Lamar. They called 70 pass plays. They totally abandoned what got them to 14-2. Gus got all of three carries after having a 5.2 ypc for the season and a 19 yard run in this game. What the hell is that? It was a pathetic case of panic and choking by Roman and, apparently, Harbaugh agreed with the approach. Even the pass game was very unimaginative.