Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Tony Lombardi: Do you have any inside information you could provide?

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    You're saying you don't want the best rushing offense in the league to run the ball on 4th and 1?
    No... I want them to not go for it on 4th and 1 in a field position game...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I will see what I can find out.
    Thank you Tony.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    If it was tough in the middle, you go elsewhere. Mix in Hill on the outside, use a few screens, do SOMETHING. This looked exactly like the Flacco years, run off tackle or pass out of an empty backfield. Marty would have been right at home with that mess.
    Very fair point. It does seem like once Roman lacked confidence that plan A would work, he went straight to emptying the backfield ad nauseam.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Any info on what was going on behind the scenes, leading up to the playoff game?
    The aftermath of the playoff game?
    Hayden Hurst's frustration?
    Why Bobby Engram is going for a WR coach gig in Philly?
    Leading up to the playoff game the coaching staff attempted to make practices a bit more competitive than normal weekday practices given the layoff time. That didn't seem to work given that the Titans' players in the trenches were clearly more assertive than the Ravens.

Judon and Peanut were seen huddling together. Along with Levine the three are very close. All are free agents and it's possible that none of the three return...Mark Ingram was said to be screaming in the shower incoherently, very upset. In the postgame presser he used "shit" many times, some believe to just sabotage the possible use of the interview...Speculation on Engram is that he wants to be involved with receivers in a traditional passing game. Plus he has some history in the PA area.

As for Hurst, I'm told he was not to be found when the media arrived in the locker room. If he was upset, and maybe that pass that hit him in the chest triggered it, speculation is that he didn't want to be near the media; that he needed more time to decompress.

Hope that helps...
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Hindsight is so 20/20.
    20/20 hindsight isn't worth much when the only thing one can see is the lining of one's own colon. Not pointing fingers at anyone in particular here...

I didn't have a problem with him going for it on 4th down. Just didn't execute.
    The players didn't execute. The coaches deserved to have been executed.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Leading up to the playoff game the coaching staff attempted to make practices a bit more competitive than normal weekday practices given the layoff time. That didn't seem to work given that the Titans' players in the trenches were clearly more assertive than the Ravens.

Judon and Peanut were seen huddling together. Along with Levine the three are very close. All are free agents and it's possible that none of the three return...Mark Ingram was said to be screaming in the shower incoherently, very upset. In the postgame presser he used "shit" many times, some believe to just sabotage the possible use of the interview...Speculation on Engram is that he wants to be involved with receivers in a traditional passing game. Plus he has some history in the PA area.

As for Hurst, I'm told he was not to be found when the media arrived in the locker room. If he was upset, and maybe that pass that hit him in the chest triggered it, speculation is that he didn't want to be near the media; that he needed more time to decompress.

Hope that helps...
    Thank you Tony. This all makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    4th down aggressiveness worked for us all year long.
    The difference is that if you fail on 4th down in Seattle and lose a game in week 8 or whatever there’s always next week. The risk there is FAR less. I understand that the percentages indicate that you’re most likely going to get the 1st down in 4th and 1 situations but what gets overlooked is what the risk is in failure vs what’s actually happening in the game.
    Our defense had only given up 14 points off two turnovers until midway the the 3rd quarter. It’s not as if the Titans were scoring at will and we had to go balls out just to keep pace. Like in the KC game

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepercreepermd View Post
    The special teams penalties were INFURIATING! I was literally walking in circles around my living room going “They’re 14-2 and they can’t even get a damned fair catch right!”
    Did that the whole game

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    And I’d be ok with that also ...if it wasn’t repeated. Go for it a few times ...but when it keeps failing and we’re losing and we’re in Tuckers range ...get the 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Since they only went for it on 4th twice (once on the 1sr half) until late in the 4Q when there was no other choice, I don't know what your complaint ("go for it a few times") is about, other than you hate the coaching staff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Did that the whole game
    same never sat down

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!