Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Tony Lombardi: Do you have any inside information you could provide?

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    You just stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Love the new profile pic. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Swords really taking it hard

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    Love the new profile pic. Lol

What can I say. Lol.

4. Re: Tony Lombardi: Do you have any inside information you could provide?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Was fucked up. Impact on the game severely under-estimated.

We had a 95-yd drive stall out on the threshold of the end zone! Usually, you drive 95 yards, you've already gone out the back of the opponent's end zone.

Starting with that field position was like playing with one foot in a bucket.
    It was 91 (BAL 5 to TEN 4).

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    C'mon Jimmy. Stop protecting your brother and focus on beating Ohio State for once.

Even with all those things, this game was winnable if the offensive playcalling adjusted back to outside runs with TEs and Ricard blocking, instead of up the gut runs and passing plays. Defensive playcalling as well, but I'm less capable of what that solution was (my mane isn't Wink though).
    Number type Snaps Nullified Gain YPP Completions
    pass
    run
    All

edit:
    Personnel Carries Yards YPC

Note that 5 carries for 67 yards from 11 personnel came in Q4, leaving 14 carries for 67 yards (4.79) when the game was in doubt.
    Last edited by organizedchaos21; 01-15-2020 at 08:58 PM.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

It talking about regular season Shrubbsy! I’m talking about the one and done game that counts the most.

Lax, it’s the playoffs. The team you’re going up against is really really good. Vrabel had an excellent plan, his players played hard and disciplined, and they just knocked us out. It happens. As I’ve been reminded, we’ve been on the other end winning playoff games against on paper better teams (including against Tennessee). Harbs had a hell of a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Lax, it’s the playoffs. The team you’re going up against is really really good. Vrabel had an excellent plan, his players played hard and disciplined, and they just knocked us out. It happens. As I’ve been reminded, we’ve been on the other end winning playoff games against on paper better teams (including against Tennessee). Harbs had a hell of a season.
    Sure did. Till last Saturday. C’mon man. At what point do we stop going for it on 4th down and use our most feared weapon? If we get 3’s on half those 4th ands ...we win.

There’s good coaching and then there’s stubbornness. Harbs is guilty of the latter. I know he’s not an X-O guy. But watch the game flow. Make the call for Tucker when you see they have our number on QB sneaks and short plays on 4th.

Sure did. Till last Saturday. C’mon man. At what point do we stop going for it on 4th down and use our most feared weapon? If we get 3’s on half those 4th ands ...we win.

There’s good coaching and then there’s stubbornness. Harbs is guilty of the latter. I know he’s not an X-O guy. But watch the game flow. Make the call for Tucker when you see they have our number on QB sneaks and short plays on 4th.

4th down aggressiveness worked for us all year long.

Blog Entries

Jimmy Ann Arbor. Forever the optimist and Harbs Apologist. Lol.

How bout instead of going for all those 4th ands ....we take the NFLs best, most reliable kicker out and get 3 pts. Flip the field. Let Lamar get his head right and think team pts not “I gotta do this “. That young man pushed waaay too hard to do everything himself. Poor coaching doesn’t use a guaranteed weapon.

So people are mad that we changed what got us there with giving up on the run, but they are also mad that we continued to do what got us there with being aggressive and going for it on 4th downs. You can't have it both ways!

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    So people are mad that we changed what got us there with giving up on the run, but they are also mad that we continued to do what got us there with being aggressive and going for it on 4th downs. You can't have it both ways!
    I have nothing against go for it on 4th down. I have issues with the playcalling. They were successfully stuffing the middle (they realized we lost our starting center!). Even a vanilla QB sneak would have been better then the delayed QB run were called. Or even RPO, play action....

Lol. So did the option run. That wasn’t the plan either. 70 pass plays. Prob 2x the average of every other game minus the KC game. Also a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    Situational game planning. Once Harbs realized that the run game wasn’t going as planned ...and we were behind on the score board ..the goal should have been to add points. 3’s or 6’s. But get points.

It did, but no team took our run game away or over powered our O line quite so well all year as the Titans did. You can't just look at the stats, you need to take the variables into account too.