Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Captain Obvious Alert: We Need to Figure Out The Passing Offense

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It's the Ol' Belichick principal: You're not going to beat us using your bread and butter. If you beat us some other way, so be it, but it won't be doing what you normally do. We're not over thinking this.
    Do you really have brain damage....?

When a team forces you to beat them by doing something you don't normally do You beat them by making plays. That is the definition of it.

I'm not here to validate your vast knowledge of football because you don't have one

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Do you really have brain damage....?

When a team forces you to beat them by doing something you don't normally do You beat them by making plays. That is the definition of it.

I'm not here to validate your vast knowledge of football because you don't have one

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Lets not be rude. Tired of people responding this way to others just because they disagree with their take. We've seen many times Belichick take away a guys best player. He'll double any elite WR rather than putting his corner on an island.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post

Blog Entries

It's the Ol' Belichick principal: You're not going to beat us using your bread and butter. If you beat us some other way, so be it, but it won't be doing what you normally do. We're not over thinking this.
    Minimize your weaknesses
    Minimize your opponents strengths and attack their weaknesses. Simple game

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Jerry Jeudy is the next Jerry Rice. Book it.
    Maybe so, but how many times have we heard "Player A is the next Player Z" ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Minimize your weaknesses
    Minimize your opponents strengths and attack their weaknesses. Simple game
    Through the years, you just see that most coaches make things more complicated than they need to be. Then, there are other coaches, like Belichick or Reid, who can see that the opposing coach won't be able to get out of his own way. They just let them shoot themselves.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Maybe so, but how many times have we heard "Player A is the next Player Z" ... Bc
    Well sometimes it's accurate.. See Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    That looks great! I'd be ok with that trade.

I just don't see a 20 spot jump in the first without giving up next years 1 as well. I feel like your compensation would get us to 14 or so, which still might land Lamb.

EDIT:

Just checked the 2011 draft to see what the compensation was for Julio. Atlanta went from 27 to 6 to pick him up. Gave up 2011: 1, 2, and 4; 2012: 1 and 4.

Makes me think we ain't getting it done with the firepower you're presenting.
    I am totally opposed to trading multiple picks for unproven college prospects who have yet to play a down in the NFL, If they bust you're screwed.

This is not going to be an easy task, by any means. For one thing, for all of the talk about needing WRs, we have a TE we barely use. It’s not as if we don’t have anybody at all. We have the best TE duo in the league, but you would think that one is Sonic and the other is Tails, by the way they are used in the passing offense. When, in reality, Tails is really knuckles and the guy you want to go to rain or shine.

That’s before we even get into the WRs, who we somehow have to figure out how to upgrade and/or develop, in an offense, that was last in the league in passing attempts. Are we just going to trot them out there another year, to do a bunch of blocking, and then suddenly, “Oh by the way, we need you guys to go save the day today and it’s the playoffs so chop chop”? What WR of any high quality is going to volunteer to come here when we’re likely going to be either last in passing attempts again, or more likely bottom four?

And that’s before we get into the route concepts, which the Titans were all over.

A lot of work to be done here.
    Why are you so focused on passing attempts? I get that it's the only thing you have to hang your hat on, but give me a coherent argument as to why it's relevant?

You seem to be suggesting that because the Ravens only passed it 440 times, their WRs were out of practice and rusty??? You can't be making that simplistic of an argument, so I'll give you another crack at it.

FWIW - the bottom 4 teams in pass attempts all made the playoffs (49ers, Vikes, Titans, Ravens) and the top 4 teams in pass attempts all missed the playoffs (Falcons, Panthers, Rams, Bucs).

Go get A.J. Green and don't look back!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    Go get A.J. Green and don't look back!
    Agreed

Blog Entries

Look, for whatever reason, I have to explain myself against assumptions made of what I’m implying, instead of posters just asking me what I mean, without making the assumptions too.

Instead of making assumptions, just ask. Posters will make assumptions on what I’m saying, and then start defending their arguments against assumptions they’ve made.