Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Time to make Hayden Hurst a WR

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Really dont think hurst is fast enough for WR
    I disagree and think he's plenty fast enough. However, he's probably slowed down a bit playing w/that giant fork you stuck in him awhile back.

Blog Entries

Re: Time to make Hayden Hurst a WR

I don't know if he should be a full time receiver, but as I said in the other thread, the team has to find ways to get Hurst more involved. I get that he's generally still only going to top out at being the 3rd option on any given play...as I suspect the team may rotate their offensive skill guys less moving forward i.e. Hollywood and Andrews...but Hurst needs more looks than he's gotten.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Pass on this idea, I love the three TE’s we have and the versatility they provide, plus Ricard.
    We simply need to add one more player to the mix of WR’s. Moving Hayden wouldn’t really fix that while also creating a need at TE.
    If Boykin simply took a huge leap forward all we would really need to add is depth and a returner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    He has the size and speed, and best hands on the team. Yes, maybe not conventional, but siging a proven WR free agent is nuts when you see who is on the market this year as an UDFA. Further, I feel we can add talent to TE/WR in draft without giving up top two pick capital..
    I do not care what acronym gets used to describe what position Hurst plays whether its (WR or TE) the guy needs to be on the field and at times out wide because he is clearly a better player than Roberts and probably Snead so he should be seeing the field as much as possible.

Anyone who says Hurst is not fast enough needs to pay more attention because he has blazing speed for a TE and probably alot of WRS who are 50lbs less than he is. One one of his TDS few games ago they said he had the fastest clocked speed during a game this year over any one other than Lamar.

He is definitely under utilized in the passing game for sure. Use Andrews and Boyle for the middle and get Hurst out wide. DB'S would be hard pressed guarding him

I don't think you need to "make" Hurst a WR, but it's definitely smart to line him up as a WR. Teams do this all the time, and Baltimore did it with their TEs sometimes this year. But this sort of already happens. There was a time that running backs ran, tight ends blocked on the tackle and occasionally ran a route and wide receivers ran routes. None of that is true anymore. As with basketball, football has become almost entirely positionless outside of Quarterback, Offensive Line, and kicking teams. On defense, everyone is expected to rush the passer, cover, and tackle. So I think this point is largely moot.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

I like the way we use Hurst now but don't mind if we occasionally line him up wide as long as it's not permanent. Let's remember that speed and good hands aren't the only prerequisites for being a WR. There's also a short area burst that WRs need to create separation among other things. I don't think Hurst has that. Any improvements that need to be made at the WR position just be done in free agency or draft. Not turning a TE into a WR. Do we even have any examples of a TE turning into a WR permanently. I can't think of any. I think we're underestimating the change needed for a TE to turn into a WR full time.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I disagree and think he's plenty fast enough. However, he's probably slowed down a bit playing w/that giant fork you stuck in him awhile back.
    Lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I like the way we use Hurst now but don't mind if we occasionally line him up wide as long as it's not permanent. Let's remember that speed and good hands aren't the only prerequisites for being a WR. There's also a short area burst that WRs need to create separation among other things. I don't think Hurst has that. Any improvements that need to be made at the WR position just be done in free agency or draft. Not turning a TE into a WR. Do we even have any examples of a TE turning into a WR permanently. I can't think of any. I think we're underestimating the change needed for a TE to turn into a WR full time.
    Agreed.

9. Re: Time to make Hayden Hurst a WR

After all these years this fan base still does not respect the WR position. The Ravens need to draft or sign a quality player at that position and not try something out of left field like this.

anyone wanna guess how many full-time WRs there have been IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL who were 6'3"+ and 250lbs+?
    bonus points if you can guess why the number is what it is
    double bonus points if you can name him
    10x bonus points if you can guess what position he converted to later in his career.....
    Last edited by PTORaven; 01-15-2020 at 03:26 PM.

The ravens may develop some positions well but not the WR position. Boykins didn’t progress all that well from the beginning to the end of the year and Scott never saw the field until a wasted game in week 17.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    anyone wanna guess how many full-time WRs there have been IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL who are 6'3"+ and 250lbs+?
    bonus points if you can guess why the number is what it is
    double bonus points if you can name him
    10x bonus points if you can guess what position he converted to later in his career.....
    David Boston never hit 250 did he?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore