Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lamar - “really freaking good” pocket passer

I was at the game on Saturday and remember some absolute ropes in to tight windows and also some head scratching misses (throwing 5 yards behind Hollywood on a deep out).

This article does a great job pointing out just how far he’s come as a pocket passer and where his team also let him down...

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/01/nfl...mpression=true
    Last edited by bmoreravenous; 01-14-2020 at 06:46 PM.

Re: Lamar - “really freaking good” pocket passer

No arguments from me. He definitely threw some dimes out there and will get better. A poster from another thread said Josh Harris was on 105.7 the fan today and said he's planning to work with Lamar in the off season on driving the ball on the out routes. Good to hear.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    No arguments from me. He definitely threw some dimes out there and will get better. A poster from another thread said Josh Harris was on 105.7 the fan today and said he's planning to work with Lamar in the off season on driving the ball on the out routes. Good to hear.
    I've been impressed the 3 times I've heard Joshua Harris talk with 105.7 The Fan. He doesn't oversell Lamar or himself. He's knowledgeable. He knows what Lamar needs to work on, and what he does well.

Some things I remember him saying about Lamar:

1. If he wants Lamar to do something perfectly, Harris just needs to say "No way you can do that.." and Lamar crushes it every time.
    2. Harris has given up on Lamar not having his pinky on the nose of the ball. Harris laughed while saying that.
    3. He has a hard time getting Lamar getting to agree that any individual thing (MVP, Pro Bowl, yardage marks) should be his goal because Lamar is so team oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    I've been impressed the 3 times I've heard Joshua Harris talk with 105.7 The Fan. He doesn't oversell Lamar or himself. He's knowledgeable. He knows what Lamar needs to work on, and what he does well.

Some things I remember him saying about Lamar:

1. If he wants Lamar to do something perfectly, Harris just needs to say "No way you can do that.." and Lamar crushes it every time.
    2. Harris has given up on Lamar not having his pinky on the nose of the ball. Harris laughed while saying that.
    3. He has a hard time getting Lamar getting to agree that any individual thing (MVP, Pro Bowl, yardage marks) should be his goal because Lamar is so team oriented.
    Nice. Thanks for sharing!!

That's a good read and very encouraging. Thanks for the link.

I'm surprised there aren't more comments on that link. It was excellent look at lack of execution, timing etc. Lamar is definitely further along than we all think. He's going to get better.

I'm surprised there aren't more comments on that link. It was excellent look at lack of execution, timing etc. Lamar is definitely further along than we all think. He's going to get better.
    Hopefully the passing game evolves. That with an upgrade with a WR and I think he takes another step.

I fully expect more refined mechanics given his jump from year 1 to year 2.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Hopefully the passing game evolves. That with an upgrade with a WR and I think he takes another step.

I fully expect more refined mechanics given his jump from year 1 to year 2.
    I'm confident the mechanics will improve but my concern is whether the talent at our WR position improves. Unless it improves hard to expand our passing game concepts that will maximize the skills of our WRs

I'm confident the mechanics will improve but my concern is whether the talent at our WR position improves. Unless it improves hard to expand our passing game concepts that will maximize the skills of our WRs
    The Talent at the WR group already improved from 2018-2019.

Dont you think a fully healthy Hollywood Brown and a 2nd year Boykin who should see additional snaps will already be an improvement?

What is to say they dont add a free agent upgrade over Roberts or draft another early???

Roberts was reliable most of the year, he had a bad game as did most of the WRS and TES Saturday.

I think Decosta will definitely not stay complacent with that group. Roberts probably wont return.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I think Decosta will definitely not stay complacent with that group.
    Right?!? DeCosta seems like the least-complacent executive in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    The Talent at the WR group already improved from 2018-2019.

Dont you think a fully healthy Hollywood Brown and a 2nd year Boykin who should see additional snaps will already be an improvement?

What is to say they dont add a free agent upgrade over Roberts or draft another early???

Roberts was reliable most of the year, he had a bad game as did most of the WRS and TES Saturday.

I think Decosta will definitely not stay complacent with that group. Roberts probably wont return.
    Well I have no doubt DeCosta won't stay complacent. He shouldn't. I'm confident MB will take the next step but I'm not sure he'll ever be a true #1 that we desperately need. There's a lot more uncertainty around Boykins in my opinion. Sure he could improve but we don't have time to wait. If we can get a really good WR via free agency or the draft I say jump on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravenous View Post
    This article does a great job pointing out just how far he’s come as a pocket passer and where his team also let him down:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/01/nfl...mpression=true
    Great stuff.

Several of the "good throws" Ruiz highlights, are also gifs that Fahey tweeted, viewable in the "rewatch Lamar" thread. Ruiz's gifs are better – I love the text boxes and arrows he inserts, to explain things – but Fahey's commentary is excellent too. The two pieces complement each other nicely.

Lamar actually had a very impressive day as a passer on Saturday, shooting himself in the root with three shitty turnovers but otherwise only being held back by drops and spec teams penalties (thus lousy field position). The LaMaR wAs ExPoSeD takes were retarded.

Thanks v much for the link!