Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Vince Vaughn breaks a cardinal Hollywood rule at the game last night, He shook hands with the President in public

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Tim Allen’s show is no longer on ABC another poster mentioned that but you didn’t see it I guess.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last...)#Cancellation

It was immediately picked up again and is still running to this day... Tim Allen's career has not suffered at all.

Re: Vince Vaughn breaks a cardinal Hollywood rule at the game last night, He shook hands with the President in public

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Roseanne was nixxed because she endorsed Trump over Hillary. The Tweets were just the icing on the cake.

Nice try equating racism with Republicans though.

Far more evidence of Democrat policies with racist and antisemitic agendas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What are you talking about? She got fired after she compared Valerie Jarrett to an ape on Twitter. If you don't think that's a fire-able offense, well... case in point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frankpembleton View Post
    It was immediately picked up again and is still running to this day... Tim Allen's career has not suffered at all.
    That's not the point. You said it wasn't canceled, it was.

Blog Entries

What are you talking about? She got fired after she compared Valerie Jarrett to an ape on Twitter. If you don't think that's a fire-able offense, well... case in point.
    Well, I've listened to her explanation about that particular tweet. Definitely not a good look and I get from a PR stance why they fired her.

However, I also know that they were really pressuring her and contemplating writing her character off anyway because she was a Trump supporter.

Thanks for projecting though.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

That's not the point. You said it wasn't canceled, it was.
    First of all the term "cancellation" in this context does not refer to the "cancellation" of a TV show. It refers to the "cancellation" of someone's career.

Second of all - there is no evidence that the cancellation of the TV show was political.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

However, I also know that they were really pressuring her and contemplating writing her character off anyway because she was a Trump supporter.
    Where do you see this?

Blog Entries

First of all the term "cancellation" in this context does not refer to the "cancellation" of a TV show. It refers to the "cancellation" of someone's career.

Second of all - there is no evidence that the cancellation of the TV show was political.
    There is no context needed, the post said his show was canceled, not his career. Keep trying to move the goal post though, probably just easier to say "my bad, didn't know his show was actually canceled".

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Tim Allen's Last Man Standing was cancelled by ABC even though it had very good ratings, allegedly due to his conservative views. Fox picked the show up.
    That one was funny because they basically traded Brooklyn nine nine for it

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

There is no context needed, the post said his show was canceled, not his career. Keep trying to move the goal post though, probably just easier to say "my bad, didn't know his show was actually canceled".
    You're not following what this thread is about. Go back and read the exchanges again. My use of the word "cancelled" refers to the "cancellation" of someone's career. I was responding to WickedSolo's notion that "I guess [Vaughn's] career is over." I countered that that has not happened and the only example of such a "cancellation" occurring as result of politics was with the Dixie Chicks.

That did not happen with Tim Allen, clearly.

Bad faith arguments abounds. What's new.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Tim Allen's Last Man Standing was cancelled by ABC even though it had very good ratings, allegedly due to his conservative views. Fox picked the show up.
    You're not following what this thread is about. Go back and read the exchanges again. My use of the word "cancelled" refers to the "cancellation" of someone's career. I was responding to WickedSolo's notion that "I guess [Vaughn's] career is over." I countered that that has not happened and the only example of such a "cancellation" occurring as result of politics was with the Dixie Chicks.

Read the thread. The only reference to Tim Allen was Carrol's above. Wicked didn't say anything about Tim Allen. In the post below:

Tim Allen's show is literally still on the air and he was a presenter at the Golden Globes this year. Yeah - definitely cancelled.
    You've referenced his show not his career....

Read the thread. The only reference to Tim Allen was Carrol's above. Wicked didn't say anything about Tim Allen. In the post below:

You've referenced his show not his career....
    "Yeah - definitely cancelled" is referring specifically to Tim Allen and not the show (in keeping with the spirit of the thread, wicked's point, and the point of my argument). Read the sentence again - "and he was a presenter at the Golden Globes this year." That has nothing to do with the show. The sentence "Yeah - definitely cancelled" only makes sense with respect to Tim Allen the person and not his TV show.

Blog Entries

Well it seems like the Dixie Chicks never really went away https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixie_Chicks and are back together and touring next month, so their career was not cancelled. You'll have to drive to Austin to see them.
    https://www.wegow.com/en-us/artists/dixie-chicks

Do you think James Woods will ever get an acting job in Hollywood again? I'd say his career was "cancelled" due to his politics.

And back to the original thread. Some of the people on twitter said they would boycott Vince Vaughn's movies, not for what he said, but because he was just talking to the President of the United States. How dare he? How does anyone know what he was even talking to him about. He could have been saying Hey Don old buddy, how about reconsidering your views on Climate Change. I want to be able to still make movies after 10 years are up but I can't if the world no longer exists.

The Dixie Chicks were boycotted for something they said. They want to boycott Vince Vaughn for shaking hands with the President.
    Freedom of speech sometimes has it's consequences. Some colleges don't even allow that.