Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Vince Vaughn breaks a cardinal Hollywood rule at the game last night, He shook hands with the President in public

Quote Originally Posted by frankpembleton View Post
    You're not following what this thread is about. Go back and read the exchanges again. My use of the word "cancelled" refers to the "cancellation" of someone's career. I was responding to WickedSolo's notion that "I guess [Vaughn's] career is over." I countered that that has not happened and the only example of such a "cancellation" occurring as result of politics was with the Dixie Chicks.

That did not happen with Tim Allen, clearly.

Bad faith arguments abounds. What's new.
    I was also kind of joking and taking a light hearted jab at cancel culture...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Vince Vaughn breaks a cardinal Hollywood rule at the game last night, He shook hands with the President in public

He was trending on twitter, but it was because people were telling the people that were criticizing Vaughan to shut up.

It was a big departure from what I saw. Rather than Vaughan getting roasted (he did by a minority of left leaning morons), it was those morons getting roasted from what I saw.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

You're not following what this thread is about. Go back and read the exchanges again. My use of the word "cancelled" refers to the "cancellation" of someone's career. I was responding to WickedSolo's notion that "I guess [Vaughn's] career is over." I countered that that has not happened and the only example of such a "cancellation" occurring as result of politics was with the Dixie Chicks.

That did not happen with Tim Allen, clearly.

Bad faith arguments abounds. What's new.
    You keep claiming the Dixie chicks were cancelled. This makes no sense. It’s fans lost interest. But no record label dropped them. They still produced albums. They still toured. They even won awards.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I was also kind of joking and taking a light hearted jab at cancel culture...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Most of us knew where you were coming from. Some people can't detect sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Most of us knew where you were coming from. Some people can't detect sarcasm.
    They are usually the ones with no sense of humor as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    They are usually the ones with no sense of humor as well.
    You mean liberals?

Wow - we've all come to an agreement. I didn't think it was possible. "Cancel culture" is a joke and Fox News shouldn't be pushing this stuff.

Fox News shouldn't be pushing this stuff.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vince-v...football-game/

Why do you keep bringing up Fox News?

What do they have to do w/VV getting heat for chatting w/POTUS?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post

Fox news is their Kryptonite.

That was the Vox talking point on this. That Fox was overreacting. Try not to choke on the irony.

Tucker Carlson brings this up constantly. Your honestly saying this isn't a major Fox News talking point? "Cancel culture" and political correctness is a prime culture war subject pushed by Fox News lapped up by conservatives like you all on this forum.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...s-competitors/

It's a joke.

Blog Entries

Tucker Carlson brings this up constantly. Your honestly saying this isn't a major Fox News talking point? "Cancel culture" and political correctness is a prime culture war subject pushed by Fox News lapped up by conservatives like you all on this forum.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...s-competitors/

It's a joke.
    Are you saying there’s no such thing as political correctness and a “cancel culture”?