Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Is the Coaching going to be better next time?

I hope Steve B. called the boys into the office to get some answers. That was one embarrassing performance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This is now two consecutive years that the coaching in the playoff game has played a major role in embarrassing losses. Last year, being unable to adjust the run to take advantage of the lighter bodies that the Chargers had on the field, and taking too long to open up the offense and let Lamar throw.

This year, emptying the backfield ad nauseam like they were draining burnt grease from a fryer. With the same tired route concepts.

I think we can recognize that coaching was a major issue, if not the main issue, in both games.

Here’s the ongoing issue, both coaches will be back next season. How much confidence do we have that the coaching will be different in a third playoff game, provided we are fortunate enough to make it?

I get posters being hyper-vigilant and sensitive about criticisms of Lamar, in the expectation that hoards of people will come out of the woodwork and put all of the blame on him. Aside from the reality that I haven’t seen that happen (I’ve seen more blame put on the coaches and hardly seen anyone put sole blame on him), okay, so we put the blame on the coaches (Rightfully so), again, they’ll be back. We’ll have the same coaches again.
    There obviously doing something wrong getting prepared for the playoffs the last two years. The team wasn't ready, the Coaches looked dumbfounded, and once again there were no real adjustments made except to abandon the basic run game they used all season except it was severely limited.

If I'm EDC, Biscuits and Harbs, I'm not letting coordinators interview again while preparing for a playoff game. Roman honestly put little thought on the plan and it looked to me coaches and players overlooked the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post

If I'm EDC, Biscuits and Harbs, I'm not letting coordinators interview again while preparing for a playoff game. Roman honestly put little thought on the plan and it looked to me coaches and players overlooked the Titans.
    Cant stop coordinators from interviewing for HC jobs but I dont like it happening during the season.

Well, It can't get any worse. It should be somewhat better just because theres no where to go but up from that mess.

Realistically, Harbaugh and Roman have been around a long time so they are what they are. Roman will tweak a thing or two and Harbaugh has always been a questionable game day coach.

The players will have to play better than they are coached.

I am in agreement with (Laxdad, John, and BearArms) who all hit key points on why this team lost.

#1. I get supporting you're coordinators who are getting requests for interviews but absolutely not do you allow both of your coordinators chances to interview the same week you are pre paring for a playoff game. You tell ALL TEAMS its hands off until after elimination or the Superbowl comes back to Baltimore. The same shit team who interviewed Roman who didnt even make the playoffs the Browns were blocking their coaches from interviewing. It was a distraction anyway you slice it.

#2 The game was lost by the Ravens. The Titans Scored all their points on turn overs and 4th down turn overs. Henry got his yards but they didn't come in here and win the game on their own. The Ravens gifted them every score.

#3. No in game adjustments ever. This has haunted Harbaugh his entire career. Some of it falls into the coordinators and players but its a definite problem (0-18 when trailing at halftime) is a pretty blatant slap in the face issue.

6. Re: Is the Coaching going to be better next time?

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Doubt it. Just seems like Harbs weakness is making adjustments mid game. We just better have the lead in the playoffs going forward.
    There's the real answer. All the other stuff definitely contributed, but, to me, this one is mainly on the coaches.

There were so many runs and pass plays we had done previously. You could call your defence based on personal and then adjust to even the side the ball was being run to OR passed to. Why not run the other way or run different routes?

We didn’t self scout and adjust our tendencies. That to me is a huge issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Cant stop coordinators from interviewing for HC jobs but I dont like it happening during the season.
    Yes you can. Bellicheck just did it with Mcdaniels. Even after elimination he made him wait until the team did all their exit end of year stuff before he allowed it.

The Browns just did it with some of the coaches they still had under contract and they didnt even have a head coach.

The Ravens should have told all teams its Hands off until its over

We never adjusted to Titans game plan. They forced us into an outside the numbers game where we have a dirth of talent. Need better pass rush and better talent at line and wr

10. Re: Is the Coaching going to be better next time?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Pretty sure you can stop that, if that's what you choose to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Henry threw for one and Tannehill ran for one. That was a final FU to the Ravens. That’s was” see ....our running back can throw too. And see...our QB can run too!” Mark my words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. It burns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Is the Coaching going to be better next time?

YES!

The coaching was clearly better this year then last year.
    The recency and pain of the playoff loss overshadows just how great the offense was this year.
    They were literally record setting.

So there was a clear and marked improvement in the offensive coaching from last year to this year.

This was the first year in the newly revamped offense.

Greg Roman is going to improve the offensive scheme.