Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Is the Coaching going to be better next time?

This is now two consecutive years that the coaching in the playoff game has played a major role in embarrassing losses. Last year, being unable to adjust the run to take advantage of the lighter bodies that the Chargers had on the field, and taking too long to open up the offense and let Lamar throw.

This year, emptying the backfield ad nauseam like they were draining burnt grease from a fryer. With the same tired route concepts.

I think we can recognize that coaching was a major issue, if not the main issue, in both games.

Here’s the ongoing issue, both coaches will be back next season. How much confidence do we have that the coaching will be different in a third playoff game, provided we are fortunate enough to make it?

I get posters being hyper-vigilant and sensitive about criticisms of Lamar, in the expectation that hoards of people will come out of the woodwork and put all of the blame on him. Aside from the reality that I haven’t seen that happen (I’ve seen more blame put on the coaches and hardly seen anyone put sole blame on him), okay, so we put the blame on the coaches (Rightfully so), again, they’ll be back. We’ll have the same coaches again.

Re: Is the Coaching going to be better next time?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This year, emptying the backfield ad nauseam like they were draining burnt grease from a fryer. With the same tired route concepts.

I think we can recognize that coaching was a major issue, if not the main issue, in both games.
    Bullshit. We lost because of drops, turnovers, spec teams penalties, and getting stuffed on 4th-&-1s.

Oh, and not being able to tackle that Humvee the Titans were driving all over the field. That was an issue too.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Bullshit. We lost because of drops, spec teams penalties, and getting stuffed on 4th-&-1s.

Oh, and not being able to tackle that Humvee the Titans were driving all over the field. That was an issue too.
    And being in panic mode with our playcalling the entire game which falls on coaching

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    And being in panic mode with our playcalling the entire game which falls on coaching
    What panic mode? 22 dropbacks to 18 called rushes, outside of that single 2-min drill, until we were down by 3 TDs. That's appropriate balance.

We lost because of drops, turnovers, spec teams penalties, and getting stuffed on 4th-&-1s.
    And not being able to tackle that tank they had on offense.

What panic mode? 22 dropbacks to 18 called rushes, outside of that single 2-min drill, until we were down by 3 TDs. That's appropriate balance.

We lost because of drops, turnovers, spec teams penalties, and getting stuffed on 4th-&-1s.
    And not being able to tackle that tank they had on offense.
    only thing is Jimmy.....that tank didn’t score. He threw for one TD but he didn’t rush for one. So you can’t put this loss on Henry. He ran his ass off ..but put up a blank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubt it. Just seems like Harbs weakness is making adjustments mid game. We just better have the lead in the playoffs going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    only thing is Jimmy – that tank didn’t score. He threw for one TD but he didn’t rush for one. So you can’t put this loss on Henry. He ran his ass off – but put up a blank.
    You are shitting me.

Dude rushes for 200 yds on the road in the playoffs, generates a million first downs, controls the clock – even throws a TD pass! – and you think it matters one little bit that the Titans used other players to punch it in at the end of those drives?

I spose you don't even have him as your MVP of the game. Since he didn't score a TD and all.

You are shitting me.

Dude rushes for 200 yds on the road in the playoffs, generates a million first downs, controls the clock – even throws a TD pass! – and you think it matters one little bit that the Titans used other players to punch it in at the end of those drives?

I spose you don't even have him as your MVP of the game. Since he didn't score a TD and all.
    Lax is trippin with that one. Henry even threw for one because we were all more worried about him running

You are shitting me.

All I’m saying is ...Henry didn’t score. We were beaten by Ryan Tannehill. Let that sink in. Tannehill threw 2 and ran for one. That’s all the scoring they needed. 21 pts. Ryan Tannehill came into our house threw for a whopping 88yds and embarrassed the NUMBER ONE seed Ravens !

We all knew Henry was gonna get his yrds. There was no stopping that. Dude ran for 200 yrds and they didn’t win TOP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Lax is trippin with that one. Henry even threw for one because we were all more worried about him running
    Henry threw for one and Tannehill ran for one. That was a final FU to the Ravens. That’s was” see ....our running back can throw too. And see...our QB can run too!” Mark my words.

11. Re: Is the Coaching going to be better next time?

Bullshit. We lost because of drops, turnovers, spec teams penalties, and getting stuffed on 4th-&-1s.

Nope, it was the coaches.

Going for it on 4th and 1 is a risky COACHING decision.

Turnovers were on PASS plays, when almost everyone here is in agreement that what the Ravens should've been doing was RUNNING more.

Both the 4th down failures and the turnovers were due to Unnecessarily Risky coaching decisions against a team that was worse than the Ravens.

The Titans only scored points on one real drive - the other 3 TDs came from gifts from a risky offense. The best running team in NFL history should have the confidence to play it straight up and run. The Ravens may have gone for it on 4th a lot in the regular season, but they won because they were the best running team in NFL history. Run run run etc. If the running doesn't get you a first down - 1) punt if you're on your own side of the field. 2) if you're in FG range, kick a FG. 3) their side of the field, not in FG range, go for it. Going for it on 4th and 1 from their 45 is still riskier than what most teams do.

If the Ravens just acted normal, like the best running team in NFL history, which they are, not passing unnecessarily, not risking it on 4th, and doing the normal thing on 4th, the Ravens would've won 28-7. The Titans wouldn't have had 3 short field TDs and one normal TD for 7, and the Ravens would've kicked a lot of FGs.

12. Re: Is the Coaching going to be better next time?

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    All I’m saying is ...Henry didn’t score. We were beaten by Ryan Tannehill. Let that sink in. Tannehill threw 2 and ran for one. That’s all the scoring they needed. 21 pts. Ryan Tannehill came into our house threw for a whopping 88yds and embarrassed the NUMBER ONE seed Ravens !

We all knew Henry was gonna get his yrds. There was no stopping that. Dude ran for 200 yrds and they didn’t win TOP!!!

The Ravens embarrassed the Ravens.

Those were stupid Ravens blunders, giving the Titans a short field, easy, short drives. 1 big Henry run led to a single drive over 45 yards and a TD. That was legit.

Look at the number of long drives. The Titans 2nd longest drive was 45 yards. The Ravens had 6 drives longer than the Titans 2nd longest drive. Or, out of the 7 longest drives, the Ravens had 6.

Passing is risky. The risky passing severely hurt the Ravens twice, by giving the Titans the ball with a short field twice and they scored TDs twice. Going for it on 4th is risky. Going for it on 4th hurt the Ravens severely, giving the Titans the ball with a short field once and they scored a TD. 21 points for the Titans because of risky coaching decisions.

In addition, the risky passing and the risky going for it on 4th took points off the board. The Ravens had the ball in FG range 5 times without scoring points - 2 INTs and 3 TOs on downs. 15 points left off the board.

When you're the best running team in NFL history, you run the ball. You run the ball and if you need to, you punt or you kick a field goal.