Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: DRAFT: Post your 1st Pick Mock Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Nice as usual.

I'd be thrilled with the first 2 picks, not confident at all that they'll last to us though (I'm assuming you mean D'Andre Swift and not Smith).

Not a fan at all of Coe and Johnson...I think they are physically impressive, but significant underachievers. I like Fuller, Hill and Hennessy and Landers. I don't know anything about Highsmith.

I'm also going to plug someone here because he's a Terp, and I know he likely doesn't have a roll on an NFL defense, but I think he is going to be a terror on special teams...I'd love to take a shot in the 6th/7th on Antoine Brooks. He has the mindset and physical stature of a ST stud IMHO.
    Our ST's sucks so a guy like Brooks would be a good addition. Leake and/or AntMac are guys the Ravens should keep an eye if they have a chance. Leake reminds me a lot of Gus, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Our ST's sucks so a guy like Brooks would be a good addition. Leake and/or AntMac are guys the Ravens should keep an eye if they have a chance. Leake reminds me a lot of Gus, actually.
    Yup, Leake would be a good option for KR guy as well.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Nice as usual.

I'd be thrilled with the first 2 picks, not confident at all that they'll last to us though (I'm assuming you mean D'Andre Swift and not Smith).

Not a fan at all of Coe and Johnson...I think they are physically impressive, but significant underachievers. I like Fuller, Hill and Hennessy and Landers. I don't know anything about Highsmith.

I'm also going to plug someone here because he's a Terp, and I know he likely doesn't have a roll on an NFL defense, but I think he is going to be a terror on special teams...I'd love to take a shot in the 6th/7th on Antoine Brooks. He has the mindset and physical stature of a ST stud IMHO.
    I did mean Swift. Copied that from the Fanspeak site...weird.

Anyway...Coe, yea...I think he should have been a lot better than what he was. Especially playing beside Derrick Brown, who is likely a Top-15 pick.

Collin Johnson is better than I think folks are giving him credit for. Texas hasn't had a QB worth a damn in a LONG time and they primarily were an option/run offense. They really didn't throw it a lot.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Anyway...Coe, yea...I think he should have been a lot better than what he was. Especially playing beside Derrick Brown, who is likely a Top-15 pick.

Collin Johnson is better than I think folks are giving him credit for. Texas hasn't had a QB worth a damn in a LONG time and they primarily were an option/run offense. They really didn't throw it a lot.
    I like Collin Johnson too I think he's a fit for what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

I dunno, I watched Johnson in at least 4 games...2 against the Terps. He looks like a big tall guy who plays a lot smaller than his size. He lost a lot of contested passes that were thrown his way. And I thought Sam Ehlinger was a pretty solid/good college QB these last 2 seasons. I don't know...I'm just not a big fan of his.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 28: Anfernee Jennings, OLB/DE, Alabama (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 28: Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson (A+)
    Round 3 Pick 28: Yasir Durant, OT, Missouri (A)
    Round 4 Pick 28: Glen Logan, DT, LSU (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 24: Josh Kaindoh, DE/OLB, Florida State (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 27: Michael Pittman, WR, USC (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 28: Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 11: Tedarrell Slaton, DT, Florida (A)

Blog Entries

Round 1 Pick 28: Henry Ruggs, WR, Alabama (A)
    Round 2 Pick 28: Ben Bredeson, OG, Michigan (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 28: Jordan Elliott, DT, Missouri (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 28: Leki Fotu, DT, Utah (A)
    Round 5 Pick 24: Sean Pollard, OG, Clemson (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 27: Ty Tyler, DE/OLB, Marshall (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 28: Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 11: Tavien Feaster, RB, Clemson (A)

Ty Johnson not making it to 6th round cuz

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Ty Johnson not making it to 6th round cuz
    I said that first, already

I highly recommend The Draft Networks Mock draft machine. It's been much more accurate in terms of where guys will go.

My latest:

K'Lavon Chaisson
    , EDGE
    LSU

Tyler Johnson
    , WR
    Minnesota

Shane Lemieux
    , IOL
    Oregon

Raequan Williams
    , IDL
    Michigan State

Lamar Jackson
    , CB
    Nebraska
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

TDN's:

28 Laviska Shenault Jr., WR - Colorado

Look, a mock with no Kinlaw in the first round! He went at 25 to the Vikings. Justin Jefferson was an option I considered, and so was Kenneth Murray, but ultimately I went for Shenault. He seems to do it all (can he return kicks/punts?) and to have it all except well, production, but if he had it, he would not be there at 28. So there. For some reason I think EDC will go WR early again, with the pass rush hopefully dealt with in FA.

60 Travis Etienne, RB - Clemson

Jalen Reagor, J. Okwara, T. Lewis, KJ Hamler among others were there in the previous 10 picks of round 2, so that's maybe the sweet spot to trade up to in this Draft. You can't trade in TDN so I drafted Travis Etienne. Lamar and our OL can make a good RB into a very good one. Can they make Etienne elite? Also, I can't see the point in having 6 WRs in the 53 anymore (Scott who?) but 4 RBs?

92 Khalid Kareem, EDGE - Notre Dame

I know I said I'm hoping EDC sorts the pass rush before the Draft but this guy intrigues me. LSU's Cushenberry was there and C. Ruiz, Michigan's center went 2 spots earlier.

119 Cole Van Lanen, OT - Wisconsin

Caveat 1: This is crap-shoot territory already
    Caveat 2 My knowledge of OL is laughable.
    But for some reason I think this guy could move to Guard and be the goods, on top of being T cover. And also, Wisconsin.

124 Shaquille Quarterman, LB - Miami

Simmons not getting past the Top10, Panthers loosing Kuechly, and unless Moses finally declares Kenneth Murray being the only other 1st round prospect then daylight... Not the best Draft to go looking for a starting Mike. But you have to try, and this guy fits the bill. Early reports from the E/W Shrine suggest he might be more than a 2 down LB too.

3rd 4th (projected Comp) Jordan Fuller, S - Ohio State

A lot of upside on this guy, perfect behind ET. Can't tackle either

4th 4th (projected Comp) Chase Lucas, CB - Arizona State

Can’t have too many CBs. I’m counting on Jimmy leaving and Carr moving to Safety if he stays.

152 Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB - Appalachian State
    Another dip at the linebacker position. Small school prospect, going strictly on reports here.

There is a probable 7th round pick (not in TDN though) but there is a good chance I don’t know anything of those left so what’s the point? No, wait, I can pick one going by the name alone: Oluwole Betiku, Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I highly recommend The Draft Networks Mock draft machine. It's been much more accurate in terms of where guys will go.

My latest:

K'Lavon Chaisson
    , EDGE
    LSU

Tyler Johnson
    , WR
    Minnesota

Shane Lemieux
    , IOL
    Oregon

Raequan Williams
    , IDL
    Michigan State

Lamar Jackson
    , CB
    Nebraska
    Cole,

I took your advice using draft network, but (like it seems you have) it didn't seem to give us every pick that we had. What's up with that? Like it didn't give me one of our 2 5th rounders, or our 6th and 7th, it just like skipped over me.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."