Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Safe Zone

Re: The Safe Zone

You know what is funny about the guy in the "Factory of Sadness" video? To some degree, it is applicable to all of us when he says at the end "see you next week".

I did not handle the attention and the superlatives that I heard about the team this year very well. I tried very hard not to jump on that rocket, but I could not totally ignore the hype. But based on my advancing age and life experience, the gut-punch of the 2006 season and the way that Saturday did not feel like the 2019 team or even that they were in the game from the start I am not as emotional as I have been in the past.

And coming here is helpful When I read some of the mentally-challenged stuff that makes it way to this forum, I at least know I am not over the edge like some. It puts things in perspective to see anarchy in its finest.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    I'm as die hard a Ravens fan as it gets. Being in the band, it's also a little different of a perspective. The fan base shows up for an hour to a pep rally, or drives through for 10 minutes to get their windows painted for a weekend. I spent 3 days running around like a mad man performing at all of it. By the end of the game, I was physically and emotionally DONE.

I didn't watch any of the games on Sunday - I spent that time with my wife and kids. I'm not stressing about watching the conference championships - I'm taking a weekend trip with my wife. My father in law is watching the kids for two nights!!! Getting a weekend away when you have 4 kids? That doesn't happen very often.

And then we start all over again in April with auditions for another season. For the vast majority of fans, football season is a few days throughout the spring (draft, free agency), the most dedicated fans keep paying attention through OTAs, excitement starts building for everyone else around the start of training camp, and then the season kicks off.

For us, the lead up to the 2020 season starts in about 6 weeks.
    Thanks for all of the effort. I do not feel that I invest my time too much when I know what you all do.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I have Traumatic Brain Injury and PTSD. This was my first attempt at attending a game, since I suffered those injuries (Feb. 2016).
    I am so sorry to hear that ex. We all go through shit in life and I know that does not make it any easier. I have survived cancer twice and am now in potentially another go round much worse than the last major surgery if my testing shows metastatic bone cancer. This board helps take your mind off of this stuff to get upset about something else:) Hang in there bro.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    I am so sorry to hear that ex. We all go through shit in life and I know that does not make it any easier. I have survived cancer twice and am now in potentially another go round much worse than the last major surgery if my testing shows metastatic bone cancer. This board helps take your mind off of this stuff to get upset about something else:) Hang in there bro.
    Likewise.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

We could have kept Flacco because he was good enough, had history, was safe blah blah blah.

But we didn't, we were bold and daring and did something and it worked.

And now here we are with Harbuagh...

It's time to be bold

( I don't really want to move on from Harbs.. yet)

Blog Entries

Here's is my biggest issue, Roman and Harbaugh are the biggest reasons for this loss, in my opinion. They are the biggest reasons why this offense lacks that extra dimension......................................They will both be back next season. So, not only do we have to hope that Hollywood gets and stays healthy, not only do we have to hope that Boykin develops, not only do we have to hope that we can otherwise upgrade the WR group, but we then have to hope that Roman can cut this simple route concept, completely dependent on the run, passing offense crap out, and get this passing offense to take the next step.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Sometimes it breaks the other way though. We had no business running through the playoffs the way we did in 2012 either. The Broncos probably felt just as crappy after they lost the Mile High Miracle because they had everything in front of them. Gotta take the good with the bad.
    The fact that we won that Broncos game as massive underdogs was what always made me have the TINIEST fear of losing on Saturday. I'm more pissed at HOW we lost. If it had been the Chiefs just blowing us out with their superstar qb I probably could've accepted it more, but this game was lost on dumb coaching decisions and errors. A game we easily could've won on any other day.

But as some already said here, I've been "over it" as in not letting it kill my mood/day since Saturday night. I have enough other stuff going on in my life that takes priority in my brain lol.

And I'm pretty excited about NO PATRIOTS representing the AFC for once!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    two words

Harbaugh's presser
    Smoove!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    It took many years but in my younger days I used to wallow in my self pity for weeks when my favorite team would lose (Baseball, football, basketball). In the last 10 years or so I've gotten much better at letting it go often taking only 24 hours to decompress after a disappointing ravens loss.
    You know what helps too? Reading this board. The amount of frustration and anger being vented is certainly not healthy and borderline comical. I find it alarming how people react. Gives me perspective. I get it though. Many of us are emotionally and financially invested in the team. So a loss just drains you. But at the end of the day it's a game. Next season we will all do it again because we love it. Rinse and repeat.
    So true. In my 20s I'd have a ruined day/few days after a bad Ravens loss. The older I get, the more perspective I gain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Smoove!!!

yooooo!!!!! wud up girl!

So true. In my 20s I'd have a ruined day/few days after a bad Ravens loss. The older I get, the more perspective I gain

Yeah, I don't let it rip me apart like it used to. I think 2012 helped with that. I mean, I def emptied the liquor cabinet Saturday night but hey, I needed to get some new booze anyways.

Blog Entries

yea i ain't got time for that no more lol