Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Safe Zone

Re: The Safe Zone

For the most part I am over it. Still a bit angry and perplexed about some things the team did or didn't do Saturday. I guess most of all I'm just sad that I don't get to watch this Ravens team play anymore this season. I really wasnt ready for them to be done. It's a long wait until September and that is what is so upsetting to me after not having been as excited about this team in a few years (until last year when Lamar recaptured me) i just wasnt ready for the offseason

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    In the 3rd quarter, I just kept thinking to myself, why do I watch this sport? You can do everything right, have everything in place. I as a fan can learn everything about this team and break down the tape and look at the players and come up with gameplans, and it literally doesn't matter. It doesn't matter at all. It is stupid and pointless. Just like that, it is over.
    I said the same thing Saturday night. Why do I keep getting emotionally attached to these teams when I have zero effect on the outcome? Its madness and it is stupid, but I'm seriously re-evaluating whether or not I want to do this going forward. It can't be good for my health and I'm trying to eliminate stressors that don't (shouldn't) have a direct effect on me. Life is too damn short as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    I said the same thing Saturday night. Why do I keep getting emotionally attached to these teams when I have zero effect on the outcome? Its madness and it is stupid, but I'm seriously re-evaluating whether or not I want to do this going forward. It can't be good for my health and I'm trying to eliminate stressors that don't (shouldn't) have a direct effect on me. Life is too damn short as it is.
    I had that moment in the 2011/12 AFC Championship game when Cundiff missed the kick. That night I literally threw up and I missed school the next day. I think I was 16 or 17. After that, I realized I had to stop taking it so seriously. And I really did. On Saturday, I was upset. I was pissed into the night. I went to bed angry, but I refused to let it carry into the next day. Now I'm just fake angry. I've moved on. I just had to force myself to do it. And sometimes it means stepping away.

When we lost to Cleveland and KC back to back, I straight up didn't watch the Pittsburgh game. I hated hated hated missing 1 of the 16 precious games we get a year, but I was so so frustrated because I knew this team was better. So I took a week off. After we lost against the Titans, I simply did not watch or think about football the next day, and that's playoffs, which I always try to watch every single game. I didn't go on social media. I just sort of detoxed, and I'm excited to watch again next weekend.

I'm still heartbroken when I talk about what happened on Saturday, but it only affects me when I'm talking to my fellow fans. I've moved on in every other part of my life. I try not to let it affect me. But trust me man, I've been there. I've been so angry I'm blind about the Ravens. And at a certain point you have to let go and move on.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

It took many years but in my younger days I used to wallow in my self pity for weeks when my favorite team would lose (Baseball, football, basketball). In the last 10 years or so I've gotten much better at letting it go often taking only 24 hours to decompress after a disappointing ravens loss.
    You know what helps too? Reading this board. The amount of frustration and anger being vented is certainly not healthy and borderline comical. I find it alarming how people react. Gives me perspective. I get it though. Many of us are emotionally and financially invested in the team. So a loss just drains you. But at the end of the day it's a game. Next season we will all do it again because we love it. Rinse and repeat.
    I bleed purple, Big Truss!!

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    It took many years but in my younger days I used to wallow in my self pity for weeks when my favorite team would lose (Baseball, football, basketball). In the last 10 years or so I've gotten much better at letting it go often taking only 24 hours to decompress after a disappointing ravens loss.
    You know what helps too? Reading this board. The amount of frustration and anger being vented is certainly not healthy and borderline comical. I find it alarming how people react. Gives me perspective. I get it though. Many of us are emotionally and financially invested in the team. So a loss just drains you. But at the end of the day it's a game. Next season we will all do it again because we love it. Rinse and repeat.
    I don't care as much as I did as a younger man either. To tell the truth, it not being close made it easier in some ways to let it go. I just wanted to watch them play 2 more times this season.

That game was not that watchable though. I thought those days were behind us for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I don't care as much as I did as a younger man either. To tell the truth, it not being close made it easier in some ways to let it go. I just wanted to watch them play 2 more times this season.

That game was not that watchable though. I thought those days were behind us for a while.
    I hear you.

I do care, but I'm not all pissy for like 3 days afterwards. Early 4th QTR, I was already in the acceptance phase, while watching the rest if the game with my 5 year-old cuddled next to me.

Didn't watch any of the other games. I'll likely watch the Super Bowl, though.

Cant wait to see what we do or dont do in the offseason.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well I'm not over it! I sat through 70,000 screaming fans and shit! I'm lucky I made it home. My head's felt like it was fifteen pounds, ever since. This was bullshit. This was worse than 06'. I'm fucking pissed off!
    LOL I was there also. What the heck did you do to feel that way? It was 70 degrees! Luckily it didn't take us to long to get out of the garage. Saturday night which meant you could sleep in the next day.

Blog Entries

Tin Toothpick needs to be on a post count. Four per day, maz. Gotten good & sick of seeing him toss up another one whenever the odd neuron fires (& all his neurons are odd).
    - - - -

January 11, 2020 -
    A date which will live in infamy.

Congratulations to the 2019 Baltimore Ravens for their 14-2 regular season.
    Congratulations to the 2020 Baltimore Cravens for wrecking that season in just 3:13.
    Complete, abject, unredeemed & unredeemable humiliation.
    Individual & organizational. From the Head Coach on down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    I'm as die hard a Ravens fan as it gets. Being in the band, it's also a little different of a perspective. The fan base shows up for an hour to a pep rally, or drives through for 10 minutes to get their windows painted for a weekend. I spent 3 days running around like a mad man performing at all of it. By the end of the game, I was physically and emotionally DONE.

I didn't watch any of the games on Sunday - I spent that time with my wife and kids. I'm not stressing about watching the conference championships - I'm taking a weekend trip with my wife. My father in law is watching the kids for two nights!!! Getting a weekend away when you have 4 kids? That doesn't happen very often.

And then we start all over again in April with auditions for another season. For the vast majority of fans, football season is a few days throughout the spring (draft, free agency), the most dedicated fans keep paying attention through OTAs, excitement starts building for everyone else around the start of training camp, and then the season kicks off.

For us, the lead up to the 2020 season starts in about 6 weeks.
    You're right. I attend all the games and maybe an away game or two. Totally invested as a fan. But after the Super Bowl until the 1st preseason game I zone out, except for the 1st round of the draft.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    LOL I was there also. What the heck did you do to feel that way? It was 70 degrees! Luckily it didn't take us to long to get out of the garage. Saturday night which meant you could sleep in the next day.
    I have Traumatic Brain Injury and PTSD. This was my first attempt at attending a game, since I suffered those injuries (Feb. 2016).
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I'm still upset about it but we were very unfortunate as far as injuries late in the year and that's what happens.

But what really bothers me is that there was no ingenuity..... Things were not going right but I didn't see any real attempt to do anything about it.

We only needed about three big plays to get back in that game early but the only person who could do anything was Hollywood.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I have Traumatic Brain Injury and PTSD. This was my first attempt at attending a game, since I suffered those injuries (Feb. 2016).
    Oh man I'm so sorry to hear that......

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans