Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Safe Zone

Blog Entries

The Safe Zone

There are some posters who couldn't stay away, because they knew that they just had to get it out of their system. There are some posters who are purposefully staying away from the board, due to expecting a pound of trolls (We've seen a few already). There are some that are just stuck in that anger stage.

This is the safe zone thread. For any and all, where you can just let it out. Let it fly.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: The Safe Zone

I'm over it. Was actually over it with 4 minutes left in the game. Titans won straight up. The game was never close. I enjoyed watching the other games yesterday and I'm looking forward to two more weeks of football, then onto next season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I'm over it. Was actually over it with 4 minutes left in the game. Titans won straight up. The game was never close. I enjoyed watching the other games yesterday and I'm looking forward to two more weeks of football, then onto next season.
    Well I'm not over it! I sat through 70,000 screaming fans and shit! I'm lucky I made it home. My head's felt like it was fifteen pounds, ever since. This was bullshit. This was worse than 06'. I'm fucking pissed off!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I think what I've thought about most in the last 24 hours after I got my anger out yesterday morning was expectations.

If I had told you before the year that we would go 14-2 you'd call me a homer and a moron. You would have been right. But here we go, 14-2. Expectations, for obvious reasons, are sky high. We're smashing teams and when we do go up against a tough playoff calibre team, no worries, we know how to win those games.

It would be very hard ot convince me pre-game that the Titans would win. Any Given Sunday, applies and that's what happened. That wasn't the 14-2 team. they didn't play like it, even remotely.

The reasons for will be discussed at length for the next 6 months, but again if I had told you at the start of the season this was what was going to happen, many probably would have thought it was a win to have the development we did, the winning record, and desipite an embarrassing playoff loss there's still progress for this team.

We now have every offensive starter except Yanda back next year with the possibility of adding more. We also have the cap resources and draft capital to heavily invest in a defense that was significantly improved.

For obvious reasons, I get the negativity and no doubt when the playoffs come around next year there's going to be some negative feelings until we win one and fair enough, but it's hard to not see more positives than negatives from the 2019 season.

The team got ahead of themselves, but let's be real, so did the fan base, including the majority of people that will read this.

Welcome to the world of high expectations. It's one Ravens fans just aren't used to, especially recently.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Lamar giveth..._________ taketh away. You can decide what goes in the blank.

I've got a life to lead, moving on.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

In the 3rd quarter, I just kept thinking to myself, why do I watch this sport? You can do everything right, have everything in place. I as a fan can learn everything about this team and break down the tape and look at the players and come up with gameplans, and it literally doesn't matter. It doesn't matter at all. It is stupid and pointless. Just like that, it is over.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Lamar giveth..._________ taketh away. You can decide what goes in the blank.

I've got a life to lead, moving on.
    Harbaugh and Roman

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    In the 3rd quarter, I just kept thinking to myself, why do I watch this sport? You can do everything right, have everything in place. I as a fan can learn everything about this team and break down the tape and look at the players and come up with gameplans, and it literally doesn't matter. It doesn't matter at all. It is stupid and pointless. Just like that, it is over.
    Haha this is kind of true. The amount of time I waste watching film to have a good idea of how a gameplan can work, only for none of it to actually happen is truly depressing. Thank god I like learning at least.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Sometimes it breaks the other way though. We had no business running through the playoffs the way we did in 2012 either. The Broncos probably felt just as crappy after they lost the Mile High Miracle because they had everything in front of them. Gotta take the good with the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Sometimes it breaks the other way though. We had no business running through the playoffs the way we did in 2012 either. The Broncos probably felt just as crappy after they lost the Mile High Miracle because they had everything in front of them. Gotta take the good with the bad.
    That's really true. That's really really true.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

two words

Harbaugh's presser

I'm as die hard a Ravens fan as it gets. Being in the band, it's also a little different of a perspective. The fan base shows up for an hour to a pep rally, or drives through for 10 minutes to get their windows painted for a weekend. I spent 3 days running around like a mad man performing at all of it. By the end of the game, I was physically and emotionally DONE.

I didn't watch any of the games on Sunday - I spent that time with my wife and kids. I'm not stressing about watching the conference championships - I'm taking a weekend trip with my wife. My father in law is watching the kids for two nights!!! Getting a weekend away when you have 4 kids? That doesn't happen very often.

And then we start all over again in April with auditions for another season. For the vast majority of fans, football season is a few days throughout the spring (draft, free agency), the most dedicated fans keep paying attention through OTAs, excitement starts building for everyone else around the start of training camp, and then the season kicks off.

For us, the lead up to the 2020 season starts in about 6 weeks.