Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Green, Cooper, Anderson

Fuller would be intriguing if the Texans cut him, but I am not sure I see that happening, and he's a significant injury risk.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Cactus, this made me really excited. These guys are big targets if cut. I would love Cordarrelle Patterson, if only for ST.
    Yea, I'm sure some of these WRs are more likely to be cut than others. I'd be interested for anyone else's take on how likely some of these are or if there are any other possible cuts.

The Jags blog I read said that Lee was very likely. The Jags are over the cap right now, so they need to clear room.

Is trading for Allen Robinson a possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Fuller would be intriguing if the Texans cut him, but I am not sure I see that happening, and he's a significant injury risk.
    The Texans have a lot of cap space, so they could certainly hold on to both Fuller and Stills. I think the only reason these names popped up in one of the articles I found is that they aren't great value for their production.

It's also generally hard to predict what the Texans front office will do. They made some weird moves last year.

You have to wonder whether AJ Green sees our heavy running attack as a negative or a positive. A case could certainly be made that our strong emphasis on the run will actually help him preserve his health and stay fresh throughout the season at this stage in his career, contrary to the popular belief that a marquee WR wouldn't want to join our team because of the lack of targets. Maybe a veteran like that who has had health problems and hasn't won shit in his career would actually prefer this structure of offense.

I don't think AJ Green gives AF that we are a "running team". He wants to win. Something he never has done with the Bengals. That's just my opinion. If he get's the right $$$ he'll come here.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Is trading for Allen Robinson a possibility?
    Bears are stubbornly trying to make it work with Trubisky, they aren't trading his top weapon.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I wonder too about Mike Evans. They have a ton of cap space but if they move on from Winston they are basically re-building. They still have Chris Godwin to build around too. Eventually they probably won't be able to afford both Evans and Godwin.

Blog Entries

I expect there will be several playoff or fringe playoff teams that want AJ Green. The Patriots and Saints at the head of that list, assuming both QBs return (which I think they will), remember the Patriots were supposedly trying to trade for him around the deadline this year. The Ravens, if they are interested, definitely won't be the only "winning" team in the running.

I wouldn't rule out the Bengals tagging him either. A local Cincy beat writer seems to think they will. I don't know if he'd show up and play for them if they did that, but on the surface it makes sense for them to want to give Burrow the best chance to be successful.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Anderson is my target. He's got speed enough to be deep threat but can also be possession type. Cooper costs too much and disappears. Green too injury prone and a little older.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G54377 View Post
    I wonder too about Mike Evans. They have a ton of cap space but if they move on from Winston they are basically re-building. They still have Chris Godwin to build around too. Eventually they probably won't be able to afford both Evans and Godwin.
    I jokingly suggested Humphrey for Evans earlier, and I was mostly joking, but maybe low key serious. Don't know if they would even entertain the idea of moving him, but Evans would solve all of our problems if they were (and the cap side worked out for both parties), high quality player, huge target and catch radius. But as someone else said, you gotta give up quality to get quality. Either that or a pretty significant draft haul.

I prob sound like Sword with his Hopkins obsession tho.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    We really screwed ourselves by refusing to acknowledge that wrs matter over the years.
    Yep. We're still playing catchup.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore