Page 1 of 29 123 ... LastLast

Green, Cooper, Anderson

I think we desperately need a wide receiver who can make plays. We were repeatedly let down by our wide receivers being unable to get separation, and beat their man. A guy who can actually win outside the numbers could've made last weekend's tragedy a little more even. Looking in free agency, I see 3 guys and only 3 guys that I think are both difference makers and have a chance to hit the market:

AJ Green
    Robby Anderson
    Amari Cooper

Which one do you want (none is a fine answer)? How much would you pay for them? Which ones do you think are likely?

I personally would love to get AJ Green. I think we could get him at a discount given his 31 years of age and his recent injuries. It would not be the complete 100% fix for our wide receiver room, but it would certainly get us started on a good note. I know Ravens fans have been nauseated about bringing in past their prime wideouts, and Green is the only one not in his "prime", but I think Green makes the most sense. What do you guys think??

And PS: Before somebody says it, NO to Antonio Brown.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

Re: Green, Cooper, Anderson

This is a tough one, because the better two are no strangers for injury issues.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

What, no Breshad Perriman? Also a UFA, just sayin'.

If not Perriman, then Cooper.

4. Re: Green, Cooper, Anderson

I’d say AJ Green is the Ravens best target. You can probably get him on a 2 year deal that won’t break the bank. I also think the ravens can sell him on the idea of coming here and competing for a SB, something that Cincy is a long way away from.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I think we desperately need a wide receiver who can make plays. We were repeatedly let down by our wide receivers being unable to get separation, and beat their man. A guy who can actually win outside the numbers could've made last weekend's tragedy a little more even. Looking in free agency, I see 3 guys and only 3 guys that I think are both difference makers and have a chance to hit the market:

AJ Green
    Robby Anderson
    Amari Cooper

Which one do you want (none is a fine answer)? How much would you pay for them? Which ones do you think are likely?

I personally would love to get AJ Green. I think we could get him at a discount given his 31 years of age and his recent injuries. It would not be the complete 100% fix for our wide receiver room, but it would certainly get us started on a good note. I know Ravens fans have been nauseated about bringing in past their prime wideouts, and Green is the only one not in his "prime", but I think Green makes the most sense. What do you guys think??

And PS: Before somebody says it, NO to Antonio Brown.
    Probably Anderson due to price. Green is on the wrong side of 30 and can't stay healthy. Cooper will be overpaid for what he brings - he is also oft-injured and tends to disappear randomly without explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Probably Anderson due to price. Green is on the wrong side of 30 and can't stay healthy. Cooper will be overpaid for what he brings - he is also oft-injured and tends to disappear randomly without explanation.
    Anderson is going to be overpaid as well. I don't want Anderson.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Anderson is going to be overpaid as well. I don't want Anderson.
    Still less than Cooper though.

Still less than Cooper though.
    True, but you have to weigh if that price is is worth what IMHO is a massive difference in quality.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Is he? Unless I've got it wrong he's missed 6 games over the last 3 seasons, not sure if all down to injury?

Cooper is a year younger than Anderson, who has also missed 5 games over the same 3 seasons and has posted fewer yards, catch %... If we are going to pay for an FA wide receiver I'd rather go the extra yard and get an elite one.

AJ Green's age and injury record in 2018 & 2019 is a big no-no for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    Is he? Unless I've got it wrong he's missed 6 games over the last 3 seasons, not sure if all down to injury?

Cooper is a year younger than Anderson, who has also missed 5 games over the same 3 seasons and has posted fewer yards, catch %... If we are going to pay for an FA wide receiver I'd rather go the extra yard and get an elite one.

AJ Green's age and injury record in 2018 & 2019 is a big no-no for me.
    My logic with Green is not that he's the answer. I think he could be a nice part of the answer though. I'm not really looking at a player to come in and solve all of our problems, but maybe if we get AJ Green and then draft a rookie in the 2nd round who can play, which there are quite a few names I can think of, we might be cooking here. Just someone to come in and help. I don't need a guy like Cooper to pay a ton of money to and just sort of put it all on him.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

Cooper is going to get $17 million a year.

Landry got $14 million a year in 2018. Watkins got $16 million a year in 2018. Tyreek Hill got $18 million a year in 2019.

If you look at DK Metcalf he's pretty close and only a rookie. He might even be more clutch. I for one didn't see that happening when we all were looking at last years draft. $17 million a year vs. a kid taken with the very last pick of the 2nd round. Ugh.... What could have been

Blog Entries

There's only one trade to make. And you all know what that trade is.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore