Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Green, Cooper, Anderson

Guys, unless you draft guy you have to pay for quality. Getting a 'deal' means getting a old guy or an injury prone guy.

I would look into trading a certain CB that thinks the team is full of chokers for a WR, honestly.

Re: Green, Cooper, Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by strifetomo View Post
    Guys, unless you draft guy you have to pay for quality. Getting a 'deal' means getting a old guy or an injury prone guy.

I would look into trading a certain CB that thinks the team is full of chokers for a WR, honestly.
    You really want to trade Marlon Humphrey, who has given us incredible play, because of a comment made in frustration after an emotional loss?
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

3. Re: Green, Cooper, Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    You really want to trade Marlon Humphrey, who has given us incredible play, because of a comment made in frustration after an emotional loss?
    I was just being cheeky. But really if we want to trade for a top tier WR (unlikely) or trade to get really high into the draft (more likely) he would be on the top of the list of guys we could trade with just another pick I think.

Quote Originally Posted by strifetomo View Post
    I was just being cheeky. But really if we want to trade for a top tier WR (unlikely) or trade to get really high into the draft (more likely) he would be on the top of the list of guys we could trade with just another pick I think.
    I would never ever do that. Marlon should be a defensive mainstay for years. I expect him in our ring of honor.

Green would be the guy I would want. Then draft another wr in a deep class to groom

Blog Entries

Re: trading Humphrey, the team obviously ain't trading him, player for player trades in general are pretty rare in the NFL, but it's kinda fun (for me) to consider who he could possibly fetch in a trade now that it's been mentioned. Mike Evans?
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Green might be sliding under the radar especially if Cooper hits the market. If he’s healthy I’d go after him. It’s a risk but it may be a relatively inexpensive one if he agrees to say a 2-3 year deal. I don’t like Coopers disappearing act and Anderson isn’t the mold of what we need.

Jesus Christ, talking at all about trading Humphrey is insane lol. He's a top 5 CB in the league and hopefully will spend his whole career here.

As far as this thread goes, man would I love AJ Green. After watching that guy kill us for years, him coming here to get us over the top and win the Super Bowl would be some sort of poetic justice.

none. Green if I have to pick. Robby has improved, but we need more than straight-line speed, Cooper is a big no. Green was elite, aging and I don't know what to expect for him Going forward.

I think we have to commit to finding one in the draft

We really screwed ourselves by refusing to acknowledge that wrs matter over the years.

Any WRs that might get cut? You know how the Ravens love to protect their comp picks.

I've read that the Jags are likely to cut Marquise Lee, who's had injury issues but has been productive and is still under 30.

The Bears could cut Cordarrelle Patterson who could also provide value as a returner, but he's never even had a 500 yd receiving season.

The Texans could cut Will Fuller or Kenny Stills. They had picked up Fuller's 5th year option, but he's never even posted a 700 yd season and they could save $10M by releasing him before the start of the league year. Stills is their 3rd option and they'd save $7M if they cut him.

The Chiefs free up $14M if the cut Sammy Watkins. That's a hard number to ignore.

Any of these players are trade targets too. And given that all of them are questionable value propositions for their current teams or are on teams with tight salary cap situations, we could potentially get them for cheap (though I could see the Chiefs and Texans not wanting to trade with us, since we're all competing to be the top team in the AFC).

I'm sure DeCosta would prefer to grab one as a free agent, keep his picks, and keep the comp pick formula clean.

I think that type of move is more likely than an Amari Cooper level move. I also don't know how prudent it is to make a WR one of our highest paid players when our offense is probably not going to run through the WRs next year. Brown will make a good #1, Snead/Boykin can be our #3, and we just need a solid #2. Big bonus points if that player can block.

If we're going to spend big money or make a big trade I'd rather it be on a pass rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    Any WRs that might get cut? You know how the Ravens love to protect their comp picks.

I've read that the Jags are likely to cut Marquise Lee, who's had injury issues but has been productive and is still under 30.

The Bears could cut Cordarrelle Patterson who could also provide value as a returner, but he's never even had a 500 yd receiving season.

The Texans could cut Will Fuller or Kenny Stills. They had picked up Fuller's 5th year option, but he's never even posted a 700 yd season and they could save $10M by releasing him before the start of the league year. Stills is their 3rd option and they'd save $7M if they cut him.

The Chiefs free up $14M if the cut Sammy Watkins. That's a hard number to ignore.

Any of these players are trade targets too. And given that all of them are questionable value propositions for their current teams or are on teams with tight salary cap situations, we could potentially get them for cheap (though I could see the Chiefs and Texans not wanting to trade with us, since we're all competing to be the top team in the AFC).

I'm sure DeCosta would prefer to grab one as a free agent, keep his picks, and keep the comp pick formula clean.

I think that type of move is more likely than an Amari Cooper level move. I also don't know how prudent it is to make a WR one of our highest paid players when our offense is probably not going to run through the WRs next year. Brown will make a good #1, Snead/Boykin can be our #3, and we just need a solid #2. Big bonus points if that player can block.

If we're going to spend big money or make a big trade I'd rather it be on a pass rusher.
    Cactus, this made me really excited. These guys are big targets if cut. I would love Cordarrelle Patterson, if only for ST.