Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayden Hurst

Blog Entries

Re: Hayden Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I'm sure the mics picked up Hurst shouting to the sideline, "Throw me the ball!" after making his first catch on Saturday, so it seems he agrees with us.

I wish we'd made it more a focus during the season to get Lamar more comfortable throwing to guys whose name don't start with Mar-. With 2 of them limited, it really cost us.
    I saw this!. I think he has the best hands on the team, and is actually a better receiver than Andrews, but Lamar just looks to Andrews first.

2. Re: Hayden Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Yeah, his name is Lamar. Andrews doesn't have nearly the same ability in variety in his routes.
    I'll respectfully disagree. Mark Andrews was known to be wide open at Oklahoma as well & that wasn't because of Lamar. I believe John Harbaugh addressed this during an interview on the teams website last week. I love Hurst and I feel he needed to be a bigger part of our offense as well.

He was open a lot this year. You'd have thunk after the buffalo play he would have been utilized more. Lamar seemed to like to throw it to the little guy who would fall to avoid contact if he didnt have a clean path for a TD. Harbs thought Hayden was soft coming in from college. He may just get traded as Andrews is Harbs Favorite. Hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by DColeman View Post
    He was open a lot this year. You'd have thunk after the buffalo play he would have been utilized more. Lamar seemed to like to throw it to the little guy who would fall to avoid contact if he didnt have a clean path for a TD. Harbs thought Hayden was soft coming in from college. He may just get traded as Andrews is Harbs Favorite. Hope not.
    The "little guy" sure put his body on the line to make that catch in the 2nd quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    The "little guy" sure put his body on the line to make that catch in the 2nd quarter.
    He’s 260 that’s not little for a Te. I hope the ravens review what the Patriots did with Gronk and Hernandez during he offseason. Because that’s exactly what they could have here if utilized right. Hayden needs to be more of a focus next year for sure. People hate on him just because of his age coming out. But the dude performs well when called upon constantly.

6. Re: Hayden Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    He’s 260 that’s not little for a Te. I hope the ravens review what the Patriots did with Gronk and Hernandez during he offseason. Because that’s exactly what they could have here if utilized right. Hayden needs to be more of a focus next year for sure. People hate on him just because of his age coming out. But the dude performs well when called upon constantly.
    Little guy is Hollywood, no?
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by DColeman View Post
    Lamar seemed to like to throw it to the little guy who would fall to avoid contact if he didnt have a clean path for a TD.
    I'm okay with that. Hollywood Brown is 5' 9", 166 lbs. I would much rather see him go to the turf when there are no more yards to get than to get drilled by a 210 lb DB who has him lined up. It keeps him on the field and out of the trainer's room. It's the same thing Isaac Bruce and Torrey Holt used to do for the Rams.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Little guy is Hollywood, no?
    That was my impression.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I'm sure the mics picked up Hurst shouting to the sideline, "Throw me the ball!" after making his first catch on Saturday
    Fucking catch it, then.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Just a quick point of fact:

Marc Andrews is faster then Hayden Hurst
    Equally quick point of fact: Mark Andrews and Hayden Hurst ran an identical 4.67 in the 40 at the combine.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Fucking catch it, then.

That’s more of a timing thing. Could have been Hurst could have been LJ throwing it too early. Can’t fault either one there his head wasn’t even turned around. Andrews has three more times the amount of drops then Hurst did all year

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    That’s more of a timing thing. Could have been Hurst could have been LJ throwing it too early. Can’t fault either one there his head wasn’t even turned around.
    Yeah, that's bullshit. I fault the guy whose head wasn't turned around when the ball caromed off his chest plate 15 yds downfield between three defenders on the doorstep of the end zone.

If you're going to yell "Throw me the ball," then you gotta look for the damn ball.

Look, I like Hurst, I think he's played great all season, and been under-utilized, either by the staff with the playcalls or by Lamar on the field. But THIS was a terrible play by him.