Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 121

Thread: Hayden Hurst

  1. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    5,031
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Hayden Hurst

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I swear after Hurst made that strong catch he got up and yelled to the sideline "THROW ME THE BALL" or was I hearing things....you think with andrews not a 100% it would have been the hurst show, it wasn't in week 16 and it wasn't in the playoffs, Boyle got more passes thrown to him than Hurst in the game with less catches at that..smh...


    sometimes we perceive what should be common sense, is not at all that common
    Right. Andrews is hurt, use Hurst more in his role. Ingram is banged up, use Gus. They seemed to shy away from "next man up" a little bit. Andrews and Ingram could still have had roles, but no way should Ingram have touched the ball more than Gus, and HH should have been more the go-to TE than Andrews.





  2. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    40,811
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Hayden Hurst

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Welcome home, smoove! I don't want to sound like a MMQB, but with Ingram and Andrews less than 100%, shouldn't Gus and Hurst been given much bigger roles? Gus practically annihilated the Steelers (21 carries - 130 yards = 6.2 YPC). For him to only get 3 lousy carries seems unfathomable ... Bc
    Bc my long time friend! hope 2020 treating you right...yea I have no answers for that bed shitting on Saturday night...it was an exciting run while it lasted though.





  3. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    40,811
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Hayden Hurst

    Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Right. Andrews is hurt, use Hurst more in his role. Ingram is banged up, use Gus. They seemed to shy away from "next man up" a little bit. Andrews and Ingram could still have had roles, but no way should Ingram have touched the ball more than Gus, and HH should have been more the go-to TE than Andrews.
    I didn't understand it NC, i really didn't.... Gus rolled off a 19yrd run and we only saw him once again after that, by then the coaching staff and the whole team was shell shocked and in panic mode.





  4. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    9,750

    Re: Hayden Hurst

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I didn't understand it NC, i really didn't.... Gus rolled off a 19yrd run and we only saw him once again after that, by then the coaching staff and the whole team was shell shocked and in panic mode.
    Can’t wait to hear Harbaugh spin the coaching fail, and the clock mismanagement on the two minute drive to close the first half.





  5. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    40,811
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Hayden Hurst

    Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Can’t wait to hear Harbaugh spin the coaching fail, and the clock mismanagement on the two minute drive to close the first half.
    lol you know how that's going to go down bro, condescending like a mfer....





  6. #42

    Re: Hayden Hurst

    Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Can’t wait to hear Harbaugh spin the coaching fail, and the clock mismanagement on the two minute drive to close the first half.
    He wasn't expecting them to score a TD, and the miracle play to Hollywood came too late in the 2 minute to have saved an extra timeout.

    Lamar taking a sack there was another issue. you cannot take a sack in the 2 minute.





  7. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Upper Marlboro, MD
    Posts
    569

    Re: Hayden Hurst

    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Welcome home, smoove! I don't want to sound like a MMQB, but with Ingram and Andrews less than 100%, shouldn't Gus and Hurst been given much bigger roles? Gus practically annihilated the Steelers (21 carries - 130 yards = 6.2 YPC). For him to only get 3 lousy carries seems unfathomable ... Bc
    This. I venture to say a hampered Ingram/Andrews is less than a fresh Gus/Hurst. Makes no sense. I know Ingram it's the soul of the team, but the coaches should have known better. I feel like the coaches led with their hearts: giving Ingram a chance, allowing LJ to try the win the game from the pocket to silence critics.... Instead of their heads. Real interested hearing how Harbs answers this question when asked by the media.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk





  8. #44

    Re: Hayden Hurst

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Seriously though, he has the best hands on the team, without question. The only other WR/TE who even comes close is Willie Snead, and even he's been underutilized, due to the TEs occupying his space.
    Well Snead is known to drop a ball or two sorry...

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans





  9. #45

    Re: Hayden Hurst

    Just a quick point of fact:

    Marc Andrews is faster then Hayden Hurst





  10. Re: Hayden Hurst

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    When Boyle went down, they ran an option where normally Boyle gets out off the motion to block for Lamar. Andrews ran it and got a holding penalty.

    It was truly puzzling why Hurst wasn't running that snap, let alone others.

    Crimally underused
    Yea, I was pretty confused to see them using Andrews as the in-line TE. That's 1) a position that Hurst normally plays even with Boyle (they both line up there more than Andrews) and 2) not Andrews' strong point.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I remember that play. We were in the stands, saw Boyle go down and were like, “Well, Andrews is gonna have to block more”. I’ll be damned, the ensuing play............. “Holding, offense, #89”.....
    To be pedantic, it was 3 plays later. Brown caught a pass (and was also injured after getting his neck compressed), and Lamar threw a pass deep left to Boykin that was knocked away (defender came through the back, but "did a good job of minimizing contact" per Ian Eagle). Then came the hold on the scramble (that provided no more yards for Lamar either).

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I cant remember if Hurst was on the field too. He could have been. I was just surprised they had him lead blocking. At least use Ricard.
    Andrews was the only TE on the field for that play. Hurst was on the field for 6 of the 8 snaps following Boyle's injury; he missed this snap and the preceeding incompletion to Boykin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    I'm not too hung up on the pass that hit him in the shoulder, he probably wasn't finished with his route and LJ threw it to him early. Hurst doesn't seem to make too many mistakes like that. The guy is reliable and solid af. And maybe the coaches haven't seen enough from him to give him more PT and scheme around him sometimes but all I've seen is a guy that catches nearly everything, has top line speed for a TE, blocks well, plays with a fire, and runs good routes, not sure what more he needs to do to get some oppurtunities. Remember the game Andrews sat out? Hurst stepped up and played as well as Andrews. Its a luxury having the TE group they have and I feel like they aren't being creative enough with it
    I wonder if it was a situation where Lamar made a different read on the defense than Hurst. Lamar sees Hurst open in the middle of 4 defenders but running himself into coverage, so he throws the ball early hoping Hurst recognizes it.

    Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    He wasn't expecting them to score a TD, and the miracle play to Hollywood came too late in the 2 minute to have saved an extra timeout.

    Lamar taking a sack there was another issue. you cannot take a sack in the 2 minute.
    Sack wasn't great, but the Ravens had already burned ~35 seconds by not using their TOs earlier (completion to Roberts at 01:43, completion to Snead at 01:03).
    Proud member of The Coordinators! Check out our latest articles on the run and pass games!

    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

    Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)





  11. #47

    Re: Hayden Hurst

    Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Just a quick point of fact:


    Marc Andrews is faster then Hayden Hurst
    The Hayden Hurst who was clocked at 20.5 mph vs.
    The Bills?





  12. #48

    Re: Hayden Hurst

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The Hayden Hurst who was clocked at 20.5 mph vs.
    The Bills?
    Yeah, I remember? But I don't follow your point?





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site