Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Hayden Hurst

Blog Entries

Re: Hayden Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    Agreed. I can understand Hurst’s frustration.
    QDR, part of his frustration actually helped the Ravens. In 2018 training camp HH looked to be developing a very good rapport with LJ8. Then he was injured and Andrews supplanted him, hasn't left the #1 TE spot and won't any time soon. Not only that, but Boyle had his best year receiving too (31 catches plus 2 TDs). While it's great for the Ravens to have three solid TEs, it doesn't help Hurst's personal career... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I think we can. I really think if we went James I’m R1 @16 ...LJ8 is there in R2. Then we get Andrews in R 3. Zeus Jrs combine was soo bad I bet he’d be there in R4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why do you think someone woulda grabbed Lamar? No one did. He was there at 32 because most teams believed the “negative hype”. He’s a run only guy. He’s a run first. He can’t throw. Blah blah. How many teams wanted a project QB in round 2?

Some talking heads are still pushing these hot takes. We’d be set. Even if we didn’t get Kenny Young. So what. I’d bet we could still do the Peters trade this year.

Don't think that year 5 option is nice to have?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

3. Re: Hayden Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

It definitely is, but if Lamar meets or even exceeds his 2019 performance next year, at what point do we start trying to extend him? Now if he flat out comes out and says he is going to accept nothing less than being the highest paid QB ever, we kind of have to go all the way to 5.

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    It definitely is, but if Lamar meets or even exceeds his 2019 performance next year, at what point do we start trying to extend him? Now if he flat out comes out and says he is going to accept nothing less than being the highest paid QB ever, we kind of have to go all the way to 5.
    This is very true

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    Hurst is criminally underused. He is a better player than Andrews. I wouldn't be surprised if Harbaugh was in love with Andrews and Hurst was another guy's pick, so he basically is hardheaded enough to try to prove a point.
    I think Hurst is unfortunately a victim of circumstance. Hurst getting injured his rookie year hurt him. The connection Jackson and Andrews built is like what Flacco had with Pitta. I doubt its going to change unless Andrews goes down with extended injury

With a run heavy offense there is only so many passes to go around. He would probably be blowing up on a different team but he could still be used more here. He should be put out wide as he is a better receiving threat than Roberts, Snead or Boykin for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

Depends. If we’re O-4 in home playoff games ...no. Either way of Lamar is indeed our QB for the next 10+ yrs ...what’s one more year at a higher price. ? EDC seems to be better at contracts AND Lamar doesn’t have a real agent. Moms is prob gonna allow him to take a “hometown” discount , team friendly deal.

Blog Entries

Depends. If we’re O-4 in home playoff games ...no. Either way of Lamar is indeed our QB for the next 10+ yrs ...what’s one more year at a higher price. ? EDC seems to be better at contracts AND Lamar doesn’t have a real agent. Moms is prob gonna allow him to take a “hometown” discount , team friendly deal.

Whose mom would do that? Lol.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    He should be put out wide as he is a better receiving threat than Roberts, Snead or Boykin for that matter.
    I agree!

He is athletic enough to do 90% of what most WRs can do, and catches better than almost anyone.

This is why I think talk of needing a major upgrade to our WR corps (in other threads) is misguided. How about let's make full use of a talented player we already have.

It would be difficult for me to imagine given the same opportunities that Hurst wouldn't have done better. He's more athletic.

Sent from my SM-J337P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    I agree!

He is athletic enough to do 90% of what most WRs can do, and catches better than almost anyone.

This is why I think talk of needing a major upgrade to our WR corps (in other threads) is misguided. How about let's make full use of a talented player we already have.
    For sure. They need to be more creative with the tight ends and use them like NE used Gronk and the serial killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    For sure. They need to be more creative with the tight ends and use them like NE used Gronk and the serial killer.
    Yea 2011 Gronk had over 1,000 rec/yds and 17 td and Hernandez had over 900 yards and 7 tds. That would be crazy to duplicate.