Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayden Hurst

Blog Entries

Hayden Hurst

This was probably the biggest mystery from the game. If you know that Andrews has a high ankle sprain, why is Hurst not a larger part of the gameplan, leading up to the game? Why do he and Andrews still end up close in snaps and why is he the open guy who doesn’t get enough looks? Of all the guys Saturday night, he was getting open the most and helping out his QB the most, outside of that one odd looking play at the end.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Hayden Hurst

When Boyle went down, they ran an option where normally Boyle gets out off the motion to block for Lamar. Andrews ran it and got a holding penalty.

It was truly puzzling why Hurst wasn't running that snap, let alone others.

Crimally underused
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Hurst is clearly talented, and clearly needs to be more apart of the scheme.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    When Boyle went down, they ran an option where normally Boyle gets out off the motion to block for Lamar. Andrews ran it and got a holding penalty.

It was truly puzzling why Hurst wasn't running that snap, let alone others.

Crimally underused
    I remember that play. We were in the stands, saw Boyle go down and were like, “Well, Andrews is gonna have to block more”. I’ll be damned, the ensuing play............. “Holding, offense, #89”.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I remember that play. We were in the stands, saw Boyle go down and were like, “Well, Andrews is gonna have to block more”. I’ll be damned, the ensuing play............. “Holding, offense, #89”.....
    I cant remember if Hurst was on the field too. He could have been. I was just surprised they had him lead blocking. At least use Ricard.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Should be a point of emphasis this offseason for the offensive staff to find ways to get Hurst more involved on a week to week basis next year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Should be a point of emphasis this offseason for the offensive staff to find ways to get Hurst more involved on a week to week basis next year.
    Absolutely. Roman should have found a way to integrate Hurst into the offense a lot more during the season. If the Ravens aren't going to use Hurst even when Andrews is hurt, then they may as well trade him.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

I'm a Hurst fan, too, and share the above sentiments. But how in the heck does that perfectly thrown ball down the middle of the field hit him in the chest and he's not looking for it . . . ?

Just another of the 'perfect storm' of WTF's we had the other night, I guess.

Hurst is a pretty good blocker too. He really is a do it all right end. No excuse not to have him out there when boyle went down and no excuse not to have gotten him involved in the offense. He should have out snapped Andrews

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensromp View Post
    I'm a Hurst fan, too, and share the above sentiments. But how in the heck does that perfectly thrown ball down the middle of the field hit him in the chest and he's not looking for it . . . ?

Just another of the 'perfect storm' of WTF's we had the other night, I guess.
    He wasn’t expecting it or it’s possible LJ threw it earlier than what he initially wanted to.

Either way. Def a missed opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This was probably the biggest mystery from the game. If you know that Andrews has a high ankle sprain, why is Hurst not a larger part of the gameplan, leading up to the game? Why do he and Andrews still end up close in snaps and why is he the open guy who doesn’t get enough looks? Of all the guys Saturday night, he was getting open the most and helping out his QB the most, outside of that one odd looking play at the end.
    There is a common denominator to all the why's and big losses, "John Duh Harbaugh" =Moran

You can be sure Bill Belichick would kill to have two guys like Andrews and Hurst and he would figure out how to use them both. Belichick with this team = Superbowl.