Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: 70 Dropbacks vs. 21 runs called

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    The thing is that if you buy they just took what TN gave them, why didn't that work for any other team this year? 8 or 9 in the box was known, what other game did they go pass happy? TN does not have a crazy good defense. Cardinals? Chiefs? Both games they were off and they were too pass happy at least at first (if I'm remembering correctly).
    Every team doesn't have the players to implement it.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I believe our pro bowler Richard only got 7 snaps the entire game. The truth is, we've seen this pattern many times before through the years of abandoning the run with several of our offensive coordinators. We finally thought we had a guy in Greg Roman that would stick to the running game no matter what. He didn't. There has been one constant in all of this and that is John Harbaugh. Is he the one with the weak stomach who panics?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    yes they won both battles in the trenches. that's the summary here
    They won battles because they got to pin their ears back on 70 dropbacks. The interior OL has been a weak spot all year that we have managed because we were a running team first.

As mentioned, we should have run the ball much more. Not every run is going to gain yardage, but it's about imposing your will. Boyle, Ricard and Edwards hitting those linebackers would have broken them. We run enough and then our passing game (and RO) opens up and we are back where we've been all year.

Either we panicked because we were down early or we were trying to change the narrative that we aren't just a running team and can throw it around the field also. Regardless, we are home now when we had a real shot at winning it all.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

This was the Cheifs game from earlier in the year all over again.

They panicked. Plain and simple.

Blog Entries

rather than just going out there and saying this is who we are, and running it no matter how much we were down, we let them dictate what we do.

that doesnt sit well with me.
    -JAB

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

22 times had 2nd downs of 10 or more yards

Throwing on first down was not working

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    rather than just going out there and saying this is who we are, and running it no matter how much we were down, we let them dictate what we do.

Exactly this. It is BS to let them dictate how you play. Especially when they show you that they can stop you when you play to their game plan.

Blog Entries

This same thing happened with Joe. The exact same thing. The common link is Harbaugh. He either was telling them to do this or he didn't force them to come up with an adjustment either during the game or worse still, in the gamelan itself.

This must end with this game. He does not know what to do with his time? How about reviewing how to make adjustments during the game. How about analytics on adjustments when they stop you.

I think we all missed the real problem. We play from a lead better. Injuries stopped us. Ingram, Boyle, Andrews, Skura all were missed. We need one more wr threat. 80 does not run good routes yet and is not a threat. 11 is not the answer. We need either a speed wr or another Boldin. Perhaps 80 can work out with LJ this off season to build up their connection. He is a great blocker already. Snead is nice but scares nobody.

Ingram was not nearly healthy. I suspect they had a game plan of him running 8-10 snaps or less. When they fell behind they knew the running game was not going to be enough. If your inside run threat is no threat they just concentrate on LJ and take him away.

Facts I see. No qb does well throwing 60 times. Our defense played very average, instead of picking up a couple big plays. Carr is about done. We need two lb one who needs to be a rush threat. Sign 99 and make a run at either a high draft pick LB for rush or free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Exactly this. It is BS to let them dictate how you play. Especially when they show you that they can stop you when you play to their game plan.
    You have the best running offense in league history and instead they played right into Dean Pees’ bend and don’t break defense. The Titans were middle of the pack stopping the run, you make them prove they can shutdown your ground attack.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

The worst part of it is that they gave up on the run in the first half. They acted like they were down by 28 points, when they were only down by 8 points. How the hell do you abandon what got you to this point when you are only down by one score?
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I feel like the coaches gameplan revolves so much around playing with the lead, that when we didn't have it, they panicked to get it.

Which to me, explains this and Harbaugh going for it on 4th down instead of kicking a FG to make it 14-9.
    Right, and coaches who panic in big games will never take you to the finish line. I'm very much soured on Roman after this.