Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 70 Dropbacks vs. 21 runs called

Have to give some credit to Dean Pees with his bend but don’t break defense. The Ravens did move the ball between the 20’s passing, but failed to score when it counted.

You would think Harbaugh who had Pees as his DC for six seasons would have picked up on this. Like others have pointed out I think the coaches just panicked and threw the game plan out the window.

Piss poor game plan. Roman was distracted, I don’t care what anyone says.

Blog Entries

Outsmarted themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

i think it's a little distorted because they were behind 21-6 halfway through the 3rd. I'd love to see the breakdown before that Titans score. I'm sure it's still slanted towards the pass but it's probably not a large a percentage as it became once they were down by 2 scores.

Panic. Pure panic.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    i think it's a little distorted because they were behind 21-6 halfway through the 3rd. I'd love to see the breakdown before that Titans score. I'm sure it's still slanted towards the pass but it's probably not a large a percentage as it became once they were down by 2 scores.
    Josh addressed some of this:

@Yoshi2052
    Replying to
    @ColeJacksonRSR
    Most of the dropbacks came in 2 min drill (13) or after trailing by 22 (35). Up through Q3 D4 failure (removing final drive of Q2), breakdown was 22 dropbacks to 18 called runs. Not great, but not awful. TEN stopped the run well. No idea where RBs were though.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Bhc above detailed it.

Blog Entries

Also criminal - 3 touches for Gus.

9. Re: 70 Dropbacks vs. 21 runs called

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Panic. Pure panic.
    Roman hit the abort button right after the 1st int with 7 mins to go in the 1st quarter. Gus was running it down their throats and then went off the rails.

They were down one score, 14-6 at the half. Got the ball to start the 3rd quarter and passed like 7 times. Run the damn ball!

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Roman hit the abort button right after the 1st int with 7 mins to go in the 1st quarter. Gus was running it down their throats and then went off the rails.
    Gus had two carries for 19 yards in the first quarter and one additional carry for the remainder of the game.

Gus ran the ball 3 times

Ingram ran the ball 6 times

What an absolute joke. I get that we are playing from behind but the way this team runs the ball and the offense is designed there should have been no reason to have the play calling go that way. Best running team in NFL history, proceeds to not run the ball in the biggest game of the year. I said this after the chiefs loss, is this the coaching staff trying to prove to everyone we can be a pass happy team? I dont know. Makes zero sense. Embarrassing.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart