Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Out routes and comebacks

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Ken said the wind was a real issue and that Lamar was changing the way he was throwing the ball to account for it and that's why some of his balls were bad
    We felt it a little early on, but felt it more as the game progressed, in the upper deck.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I kept hearing the ~'struggling to throw outside the hashes' narrative today on various shows.

just wanted to count again:

7 outside throws
    5 on target
    1 interception bad decision after misreading the trap coverage
    1 hit while throwing

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I kept hearing the ~'struggling to throw outside the hashes' narrative today on various shows.

7 outside throws
    5 on target
    1 hit while throwing
    I think you're going to keep hearing this for two reasons.

1) A lot of Lamar's best passes are over the top or across the middle. He does really well when guys cross his face. Short and mid sideline patterns haven't been a focal point of this offense.

2) The out routes we saw against the Titans included an interception and a few ducks. Wind or not, being rushed or not, the passes weren't very pretty.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think you're going to keep hearing this for two reasons.

1) A lot of Lamar's best passes are over the top or across the middle. He does really well when guys cross his face. Short and mid sideline patterns haven't been a focal point of this offense.

2) The out routes we saw against the Titans included an interception and a few ducks. Wind or not, being rushed or not, the passes weren't very pretty.
    I know i'm going to keep hearing it. I'm getting alarmingly used to hearing things repeated that aren't true from the media.

Anyhow.....i only saw 2 ducks, there was 1 duck which was still on target which was broken up by Adoree Jackson and the other duck he was hit during the throw.

Blog Entries

I respect Ken's opinion but I really think blaming the wind is a stretch. I sit in the lower level pretty close to the field and it did not feel that significant to me. Not to the level that it should have been altering his throws. I've seen far worse wind in the 16 years I've been and seen far lesser QBs still be fine throwing the ball in it.

If it was then that's a real problem. We aren't in a dome and we aren't in a city that you can count on to have nice weather, especially late in the season and playoff time. The offense was not the same in the games this year where the weather wasn't optimal. Hopefully Lamar's team can find ways to simulate poor conditions during his offseason work. Wet balls, maybe some industrial fans or something to make some wind, etc.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post

7 outside throws
    5 on target
    1 hit while throwing
    Mind if I tweet this Eddy?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

A throw can be on target, but still take too long to get there. That was a real issue. That wasn't some imaginary issue.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    A throw can be on target, but still take too long to get there. That was a real issue. That wasn't some imaginary issue.
    That's nto the narrative though, and it's proof that people don't actually pay attention.

People just say he's inaccurate outside the numbers. Inaccurate is the specific choice of word.

Like I said earlier in this thread, it's a timing issue. Which is why he doesn't struggle throwing deep balls down the sideline (comparable to his peers)
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    That's nto the narrative though, and it's proof that people don't actually pay attention.

People just say he's inaccurate outside the numbers. Inaccurate is the specific choice of word.

Like I said earlier in this thread, it's a timing issue. Which is why he doesn't struggle throwing deep balls down the sideline (comparable to his peers)
    He clearly aims more when throwing to the outside, compared to the middle of the field, where he's more confident and fluid. That's the timing issue. He does that, because he's not as accurate on those throws. If someone wants to get hung up on the minute details of the narrative, it doesn't change that there is a real issue. It's like going to a game, clearly seeing what you see, and then going back rewatching it and trying to convince yourself that it wasn't as bad as it was.

So he good or no?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    He clearly aims more when throwing to the outside, compared to the middle of the field, where he's more confident and fluid. That's the timing issue. He does that, because he's not as accurate on those throws. If someone wants to get hung up on the minute details of the narrative, it doesn't change that there is a real issue. It's like going to a game, clearly seeing what you see, and then going back rewatching it and trying to convince yourself that it wasn't as bad as it was.
    Is there value in diagnosing the problem correctly? Serious question. You played the game. You know that's important.

It's not even remotely minute.
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    So he good or no?
    He'll get there. This is only his second year.