Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ceedee Lamb

Re: Ceedee Lamb

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Lamb, Hollywood and Andrews would be the best receiving corps we've ever had.
    Then fire Harbs and hire Lincoln Riley and we have Oklahoma NFL

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Becuase I think Judon is almost a lock to return.
    That's fair. If they pay him top edge money, then you're right. There's no way we can afford either of those other two better players.

I'm probably beating a dead horse at this point, but I sincerely hope you're mistaken about him being a lock to return, unless it's on a reasonable, mid-tier deal. The Judon situation reminds me of Otto Porter with the Wizards a few years back. He was a mediocre to pretty good player that they gave a max contract to because they "couldn't afford not to". So, they overpaid for fear of losing him, due to the rest of their roster, and within 1 or 2 seasons his deal was looked at around the league as one of the very worst contracts in the league. The fact is, you never actually "have to" give out bad deals. I seriously hope EDC does not make that mistake.

Maybe you're right though, and I should just get use to the idea of having Judon back on a bad contract.

Quote Originally Posted by defiance211 View Post
    Then fire Harbs and hire Lincoln Riley and we have Oklahoma NFL
    Yea no lol

Quote Originally Posted by tnsmith90 View Post
    I'm probably beating a dead horse at this point, but I sincerely hope you're mistaken about him being a lock to return, unless it's on a reasonable, mid-tier deal. The Judon situation reminds me of Otto Porter with the Wizards a few years back. He was a mediocre to pretty good player that they gave a max contract to because they "couldn't afford not to".
    Oh wow, good comp.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizerooskie View Post
    Tee Higgins is a much more realistic target. Best hands in college football.
    You know what. Considering the current receiver panic is related to drops from the playoff game, I've been reading this thread surprised there wasn't a bigger desire for Higgins. Fantastic hands, great size, and a much better chance of being available when the Ravens draft. So the team can use other draft picks for other positions instead of trading multiple for one player

That's fair. If they pay him top edge money, then you're right. There's no way we can afford either of those other two better players.

I'm probably beating a dead horse at this point, but I sincerely hope you're mistaken about him being a lock to return, unless it's on a reasonable, mid-tier deal. The Judon situation reminds me of Otto Porter with the Wizards a few years back. He was a mediocre to pretty good player that they gave a max contract to because they "couldn't afford not to". So, they overpaid for fear of losing him, due to the rest of their roster, and within 1 or 2 seasons his deal was looked at around the league as one of the very worst contracts in the league. The fact is, you never actually "have to" give out bad deals. I seriously hope EDC does not make that mistake.

Maybe you're right though, and I should just get use to the idea of having Judon back on a bad contract.
    I mean, he was a top 15 edge rusher in the league in almost all categories. He at least has the benefit of having a breakout in his contract year. Otto Porter never really broke out, IMO.

It'd be different if Judon didn't increase his play this year.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I believe Jeudy, Lamb, and Shenault will be long gone by #28. Probably Reagor too. Leaves Ruggs, Higgins, and Jefferson as the generally accepted next tier.
    Any of those guys a better fit for the Ravens than K. Murray the OU LB?
    I think not.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I mean, he was a top 15 edge rusher in the league in almost all categories. He at least has the benefit of having a breakout in his contract year. Otto Porter never really broke out, IMO.

It'd be different if Judon didn't increase his play this year.
    He’s a top 15 pass rusher but edge isn’t just pass rushing. He’s still a poor or very inconsistent run defender. And regardless you don’t pay elite money to a top 15 player. Paying Judon big money would be a huge mistake. Z Smith deal or let him walk. Him breaking into a Z Smith level player is highly unlikely

One year tag and then let walk is probably the absolute best outcome

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    He’s a top 15 pass rusher but edge isn’t just pass rushing. He’s still a poor or very inconsistent run defender. And regardless you don’t pay elite money to a top 15 player. Paying Judon big money would be a huge mistake. Z Smith deal or let him walk. Him breaking into a Z Smith level player is highly unlikely

One year tag and then let walk is probably the absolute best outcome
    Smith also has another beast on the other side we have no one

The egg on our face for letting zadarius smith walk will lead to us overpaying judon as an over reaction

Might be wishful thinking on my part but I think Judon is gone. Judon has made comments about how much he values getting paid ( no issues with that, get what's yours Judon) but he is NOT a 15mil+ guy and if this was his breakout year @ 27 yrs old he will never live up to that kinda contract.

I'm not on the Ngakoue train yet but I might be soon. Concerned about his run defense, but his motor is something nasty. Also only 24. That's 3 years of prime over Judon. I'd give the extra couple mil a year and a 4-5 yr contract let's Ngakoue hit the open market again under 30. Which is an easy comp pick.

If Judon were a lock to resign he'd have already been extended like Peters etc. There were rumors midseason that he was asking for the sky which the Ravens were balking at. There are also rumors from the Ravens scouts that they are concentrating on EDGE players in the draft.

Any sign that's out there says no Judon next year.