Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Rust Factor And Resting Starters in Last Game

I just can't believe this has happened

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by partlycloudy View Post
    I agree, though I think the biggest factor in the loss was abandoning the run too early. 3 weeks should have helped the coaching staff, but they shit the bed.
    Per Zrebiec, 3 days ago:

Greg Roman on potentially leaning on Gus Edwards if Mark Ingram can't go Saturday: "He'd love lots of action. He'll be ready."

WTF Roman?

Quote Originally Posted by partlycloudy View Post
    I agree, though I think the biggest factor in the loss was abandoning the run too early. 3 weeks should have helped the coaching staff, but they shit the bed.
    This. Roman waited to the most important game of the season to call his worst game. There was no reason to abandon the run they were only down 14-6.Gus and Ingram 9 carries. Lamar throws 59 times come on now.Roman morphed into Marc Trestman.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick Hiker View Post
    3 weeks off, the rust factor may have come into play.
    One way the long rest may have hurt us is that Lamar wanted to win a Superbowl so badly that a 3 week layoff, just thinking about this game, may have contributed to the tension he seemed to play with.

He looked and played tense and stressed when we wanted him relaxed.

They were tight and Titans won the battles on the line on both sides of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    One way the long rest may have hurt us is that Lamar wanted to win a Superbowl so badly that a 3 week layoff, just thinking about this game, may have contributed to the tension he seemed to play with.

He looked and played tense and stressed when we wanted him relaxed.
    Yes and this is two years in a row Lamar hasn't been himself in the playoffs.
    I saw him on TV during the 3 week layoff he said that he kept thinking about last years Chargers playoff game and was not going to let that happen again.

3 weeks of thinking about how he just had to play better this year likely had a negative result on his play.

You’d have to think rust played a factor with the dropped passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    You’d have to think rust played a factor with the dropped passes.
    And the wobbly off target throws. The pass to Andrews was catch-able but high.

The threat to run really covers up for a below average to poor overall WR corps. Take that away and force us to throw to receivers, and it doesn’t look pretty. We need a reliable 1/2 type to pair with Hollywood.

And, as always, better interior OL pass blocking. Should be a goal to make our interior OL the top pass blocking unit in the game, year in and year out.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    The coaching staff looked like they didn't start working on their game plan until an hour before kickoff.
    The game plan went out the window when they were down 14-0. They are used to playing with a lead and controlling the ball and the clock. Harbaugh teams just don't recover well. They aren't good at throwing the ball when the other team knows its coming.

Florio says it's possible Harbaugh made a coaching error by not playing his starters in the Ravens last game.
    I think that especially because they were on a long winning streak, and they already had a bye, it was a mistake. Generally in sports when you're on a winning streak you want to keep playing the last thing you want is time off.