Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoff Chokers

Playoff Chokers

Everyone is focusing on Lamar being a choker, and I think that's beyond silly given how he played today (500 yards offense is kind of good), but Marlon Humphrey said this:

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    Marlon Humphrey: “you got to look yourself in the mirror. This team right now, its identity is get to the playoffs and choke. It’s a hard truth.”

And he's absolutely right. You guys that are Capitals fans know what it's like. I'm a Raptors fan adn we choked over and over again until we got Kawhi.

The Ravens for years thrived on being the underdog. Now they won the division B2B and had home field and htey choked. And to be clear, you win and lose as a team. They choked as a team. That's it, that's all.

it's going to be a very hard label to shed, but I think Hump is right.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Re: Playoff Chokers

They choked as a team. Coaches, players, all of it. The crowd sounded loud on tv so the fans who were there showed up.

Never thought I'd see the day the Ravens were labeled playoff chokers but here we are.

But okay Hump, what are y'all doing gonna do about it? Nobody cares, work harder.

Humphb got beat by a no name lol

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Humphb got beat by a no name lol
    Yeah that was kind of his point. He's addressing it up front, which shows maturity and an understanding of what the issue is.

But, sure skip over that important part. Genius.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

It starts from the top!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Everyone is focusing on Lamar being a choker, and I think that's beyond silly given how he played today (500 yards offense is kind of good), but Marlon Humphrey said this:

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    Marlon Humphrey: “you got to look yourself in the mirror. This team right now, its identity is get to the playoffs and choke. It’s a hard truth.”

And he's absolutely right. You guys that are Capitals fans know what it's like. I'm a Raptors fan adn we choked over and over again until we got Kawhi.

The Ravens for years thrived on being the underdog. Now they won the division B2B and had home field and htey choked. And to be clear, you win and lose as a team. They choked as a team. That's it, that's all.

it's going to be a very hard label to shed, but I think Hump is right.
    Good this will be fuel to the fire. I expect them to come out mad in the playoffs next year.

It's better than going to the SB and losing and then think everything is fine.

Blog Entries

It’s gonna be a thing now until they win one. They got to get it off their backs next year, the longer the one and done goes on the harder it’s gonna be to finally get past it.

Harbs gonna figure this out

Having the narrative of being chokers is beautiful and tragic. It's better to be known as chokers rather than being straight up losers.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I'm a Raptors fan adn we choked over and over again until we got Kawhi.
    Sign Henry next year and make him our Kawhi

“Talk is cheap”

-Johnny U