Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Off-Season Must Do’s

Quote Originally Posted by NCRavensFan View Post
    600 yards of offense and one TD.
    Success
    And FG and punt and it could have been a 10 point swing. (SEE: Coaching)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    I think wink did a great job with the guys we have. Problem is we do t have a pass rush or dominant big guys when we are down to put pressure on the qb so he had to blitz a ton
    We dont have a single game changer in the front 7. There is no Ngata on the DL. We obviously have no Ray or Suggs. To be honest we haven't had those things in a while. One of the costs of blowing so many early picks.

Dafuq?
    This is the appropriate response.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I’m surprised Hollywood is being talked about like this. I thought he was our absolute best pass catcher today by a mile.
    Same, he's also getting healthier but not fully healed. He catches everything and gets open

Dafuq?
    There are so many opinions that seem completely back asswards. I feel like I'm getting opinions from a mirror

Blog Entries

As I said in the other thread, Passrusher, WR, Center, ILB. One will probably come from free agency.

Should be an interesting off-season, but I'm going to ignore football for a month or two until the draft buzz starts picking up.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Funny, I was just reading Cian Fahey's twitter feed from during our game. He wraps up with these two:

An ILB would be good too, but basically: same page.
    I was kinda shocked we extended Snead earlier this year. I think he has a certain value, but would be better served with a pinpoint accurate QB as he doesn't get any separation whatsoever and while he's mostly reliable, he has some bad drops at bad times. Maybe for his leadership and blocking?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Robby Anderson is not a 1
    I agree here, I'm not about to pay Anderson something like $12 million a year...he's likely going to get silly money like that from somebody.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Interior offensive line pass blocking. In my opinion, that needs to be our biggest need until it’s the best unit in the game in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    On O:
    - WR, you summed it up
    - OT depth, probably fine at IOL, depending on Yanda
    That's it IMO

On D (in order)
    - ILB - it's my #1. I think we really need a sideline-to-sidline game breaker.
    - IDL - When we think pass rush we think EDGE, but interior pass rush is just as helpful. I think I'd start there.
    - EDGE - Will still need to address outside
    - sCB - We're good withoutside corners, but we have no one to be i nthe slot and we forced Hump to do a lot of that.
    I feel the same.

On the OL, as the season went on, I backed off my stance of being uber concerned about the C and LG...I think the scheme helped them, and Skura actually looked pretty good. I thought Bozeman was mediocre to bad for the first half of the season, but he was ok and got better as the season went on. I remember last year being stunned that the OL couldn't simply blow the Chargers off the ball in a base power game when they were in Dime all the time...that said something to me about a lack of physicality and power. It seemed to come back with a vengeance today...the interior struggled getting any push. I'm concerned if Yanda doesn't come back, and essentially, we are going to be going year to year with him as to whether he comes back. If the board falls a certain way, I wouldn't be mad at Shane Lemieux or Solomon Kindley.

11. Re: Off-Season Must Do’s

Funny, I was just reading Cian Fahey's twitter feed from during our game. He wraps up with these two:

Didn't we just extend Snead?

Edit - I should have read Raveninwoodlawn's post first.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I think Snead is an adequate slot guy on a run oriented team such as this...but he can't be a team's second best receiver. I mean, it's a broken record at this point, right? How many years have we gotten on this board after a season and talked about trash receiver play being (part of) the reason we're now done for the year? They have to do better at the position.

I appreciate what they did this year offensively but you can't expect to blow everyone out again next year and never have to use your receivers in come from behind situations.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52