Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Off-Season Must Do’s

I think wink did a great job with the guys we have. Problem is we do t have a pass rush or dominant big guys when we are down to put pressure on the qb so he had to blitz a ton

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    I feel the complete opposite about the job Wink did. Wink implemented the appropriate scheme for the personnel we had. We went into the season with a sub par front 7 and by October we were a complete MASH unit there. We had Fort, Bynes, Peko, and Ellis as off the street FAs seeing significant snaps. TJ went down for the year and we still managed to become a top 5 defense.

When you have a great secondary and a bad front 7 it makes sense to blitz to generate pressure and let the secondary handle their islands.
    I just wished he copied the Pats game plan rather than continue with the same type of plan we used during the season. To me it was pretty clear that wouldn’t work vs Tennessee and it didn’t. I don’t think Reid would have had a problem beating the cover zero scheme either. I dont like stubbornly following the same game plan from week to week regardless of the opponent. I won’t be upset if he stays but I think we can do better.

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    I think to call the game today the way he did played exactly to Tennessee’s strengths and is an indictment on him. We had nearly 600 yards of offense so I have a hard time blaming Roman, I felt our offensive struggles were more on the players today. The wacky turnovers.
    Yea, but a big part of the “wacky” turnovers are getting away from what you do best. I love Lamar, but like most qb’s, he isn’t going to do well throwing that much. I think it was a true team loss

Hollywood is another in a long list of Ravens' first round WR misses. Good grief!

Pees's defense kicked our ass today. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by signore View Post
    Hollywood is another in a long list of Ravens' first round WR misses. Good grief!
    Dafuq?

Wut

Gotta be trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    On O:
    - WR, you summed it up
    - OT depth, probably fine at IOL, depending on Yanda
    That's it IMO

On D (in order)
    - ILB - it's my #1. I think we really need a sideline-to-sidline game breaker.
    - IDL - When we think pass rush we think EDGE, but interior pass rush is just as helpful. I think I'd start there.
    - EDGE - Will still need to address outside
    - sCB - We're good withoutside corners, but we have no one to be i nthe slot and we forced Hump to do a lot of that.
    I'm not sure what will be there in FA because this Draft seems very thin on ILBs. Other than Kenneth Murray we are looking at a bunch of late day 2 guys. I'd be ok-ish with him in the first round provided we have taken care of the pass rush in FA.

My knee jerk reaction of the day is that I think we've seen peak Judon (as in, we haven't seen him when it mattered), there is not much upside to him and he is definately not worth 17-18 million a year. I woulnd't even tag him to be honest. Use that money (and some) on a better pash rusher, preferably interior.

We are picking 26-27, there will be a bunch of guys there that won't at 32. Likewise in round two.

Adjusted BPA for me, but ideally Edge or IDL in round 1 (Chaisson or Kinlaw could be there at 26) and WR in round 2.

Blog Entries

Shit. This loss is squarely on the coaches. Players played well, aside from a few bad (maybe the DBS sucked) plays, Lamars over throw resulting in a interception, game plan and play calling horrific.

These dudes just out played and out strategize the goddamn Patriots, if that isn't a reason to go on red alert I don't know what is.

Funny, I was just reading Cian Fahey's twitter feed from during our game. He wraps up with these two:

Ravens fans really shouldn't be too down about this. You have plenty of equity to get better this offseason and Miles Boykin, Marquise Brown and Mark Andrews will continue to have greater roles in the offense. This is just the beginning.
    Key for them moving forward is phasing out Willie Snead and adding a pass rusher to the front seven.
    An ILB would be good too, but basically: same page.

600 yards of offense and one TD.
    Success