Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Off-Season Must Do’s

Antonio Brown.

Blog Entries

Re: Decosta's Moves for 2020 Offseason

Antonio Brown

I think Peanut is god awful. He is making tackles 10 yards down the field and is a liability. We need somebody who can push the pocket and some outside backers that can hold the edge and get some pressure. Given our defensive backs, we would be dangerous if we could get to the quarterback without bringing the house.

We need to begin to think about who is replacing Yanda and would like an upgrade at center. We were beaten tonight at the point of attack.

We definitely need some receivers that can get open and make contested catches. I think Hollywood can be a game changer but he lacks strength and shies away from contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Is there any way to get out of the Earl Thomas contract or nah?
    Thought he was a bright spot tonight

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Yeah. He is. That’s the point. He’s going to be good be he’s never going to take over a game. We need an AJ Green or someone of that leverl
    I disagree. I think he could totally be that game wrecker. But I think we need other reliable targets as well.

Pass rushers and maybe Yanda's replacement if he is retiring and wide receiver, wide receiver, wide receivers!

Too early to say that Hollywood can't be an elite receiver. Needs to get healthy full speed next season. When he's healthy and fast he can put DBs under pressure. Boykin is just disappointing not being able carry strong practice performances into the real games.

1st round pick should be WR. Class is too good to let it pass us by. We need a WR to work the boundary and help open the middle of the field. Taking a pass rush at the tail end of round 1 isn’t going to solve anything with this front 7 which is a disaster.

Overall we should just go all in on the offense (interior OL, WR) and patch work the defensive front 7. As of right now going into 2020 aside from Brandon Williams, who will be 31 in a few weeks, our entire front 7 is off the street FAs (Bynes, Fort, Ellis, Peko) and JAGs (Wormley, Bowser, Ferguson). Just concede that the front 7 will be a weakness and Wink will have to scheme around it and lean on the high priced secondary.

I’d rather significantly improve the offense and get by with the defense instead of marginally improving both and not really moving the needle when it matters (playoffs).

Blog Entries

BPA

There is an incredibly easy and obvious solution to their problems- AB. I'm not even sure why it's up for debate. He'd completely change the offense and if you give him a big payday he don't ruin the lockeroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    Need at least 2 legit receivers.
    I hope people realize this is still needed. Would have done Lamar a world of good to have an Alpha to throw the ball to today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Is there any way to get out of the Earl Thomas contract or nah?
    Yes if you want to take a massive cap hit.

We need interior rush, LB help and a WR
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.