Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Decosta's Moves for 2020 Offseason

I don't see their philosophy changing. They'll take what falls in the draft and then fill in the pieces through FA

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson8 View Post
    What would it take, hypothetically speaking, to fit Derrick Henry into our cap?
    This year teams can use both a franchise tag and a transition tag. I suspect they'll tag Henry and Tannehill

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Edge-(Matt Judon walks)
    Mario Addison

DL
    -Chris Jones would be ideal
    -McCoy
    -Suh

ILB
    -Jamie Collins
    -Joe Schobert
    -Chris Jones should be a guy we try to sign day 1 of FA if he isn't tagged. He is exactly what we need, and he is one of the rare Dlinemen that can both play 2 gaps in the run gap, as well as generate a real interior pass rush. He would seriously transform our defense. It would be like having '06 Trevor Pryce back on the squad. I just hope KC decides to let him test the market, and we make a push.

-Would you really want Suh on this team? In the past I would have been ALL for it. However, he seems to have really lost a step, and now I don't know if his performance is worth the baggage he brings. What do you think?

-McCoy would be a nice mid price range target. I think we could get someone like him, and still have room to add 1 more bigger piece. Some other guys that fit that interior pass rusher mold that I have been eyeing are Armstead, and Leonard Williams, what are your thoughts on those 2?

-Jamie Collins is an interesting name. He always struck me as a talented player that excelled in going sideline to sideline, but struggled with sticking to the scheme. All in all, I think the positives outweigh the negatives with him, and I'd be open to bringing him in. However, I will admit that I haven't watched all that much of him outside of a few games here and there. My question for you is, how is he at engaging and getting off of blocks? Does he get washed out, or does he crash down hard? In a 3-4 base scheme I think that's the most important skill to look for in an ILB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tnsmith90 View Post
    -Jamie Collins is an interesting name. He always struck me as a talented player that excelled in going sideline to sideline, but struggled with sticking to the scheme. All in all, I think the positives outweigh the negatives with him, and I'd be open to bringing him in. However, I will admit that I haven't watched all that much of him outside of a few games here and there. My question for you is, how is he at engaging and getting off of blocks? Does he get washed out, or does he crash down hard? In a 3-4 base scheme I think that's the most important skill to look for in an ILB.
    Yeah, I think Jamie gets a bum rap. I think his freelancing was overstated by the media...afterall the Patriots re-signed him.

To be clear I didn't watch Collins outside of the Patriots game this year and I wasn't paying attention closely at all. But, I watched a lot of Browns games when he was there a couple/few years ago.

My question for you is, how is he at engaging and getting off of blocks? Average. At this point in his career I don't think Jamie (like most older 34 backers) has the taste/ability to be a stud downhill sledgehammer. He can certainly do it....but imho that kinda wasting his skillset. Jamie's strength are sideline to sideline range, instincts, coverage and pass rush. He can blitz or he can rush from the edge the Browns never let him do it though.

I see Jamie as Mack or Will ILB not as Buck/Mike or whichever term you like for the 'take on' guy.

Quote Originally Posted by tnsmith90 View Post
    -Chris Jones should be a guy we try to sign day 1 of FA if he isn't tagged. He is exactly what we need, and he is one of the rare Dlinemen that can both play 2 gaps in the run gap, as well as generate a real interior pass rush. He would seriously transform our defense. It would be like having '06 Trevor Pryce back on the squad. I just hope KC decides to let him test the market, and we make a push.

-Would you really want Suh on this team? In the past I would have been ALL for it. However, he seems to have really lost a step, and now I don't know if his performance is worth the baggage he brings. What do you think?

-McCoy would be a nice mid price range target. I think we could get someone like him, and still have room to add 1 more bigger piece. Some other guys that fit that interior pass rusher mold that I have been eyeing are Armstead, and Leonard Williams, what are your thoughts on those 2?
    Agreed on CJ.

I would love Suh, always thought highly of him as player for me he and McCoy are no different except for perception.

I like Armstead and Willams but I think they'll cost more then they're value.
    Last edited by edromeo; 01-24-2020 at 06:39 PM.

With Jax cap situation and possibly needing to tag Ngakoue, they might cut Campbell for space. He's 33, so might take a little less and as a cut, no comp.

Blog Entries

I have to give Eric DeCosta credit for the work he did this past season. This team had too many holes, for all of them to be fixed in one off-season. I think he did a great job, given the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I have to give Eric DeCosta credit for the work he did this past season. This team had too many holes, for all of them to be fixed in one off-season. I think he did a great job, given the circumstances.
    Ummm.

We still have holes. OLB, ILB, WR, LG. We plugged them a bit but need better options. I didn’t include C or IDL, as Skura & McPhee are good.

His players at these spots were alright probably backup level. Maybe they come good but unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    as a non ravens fan, which holes did they have

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    Ummm.

We still have holes. OLB, ILB, WR, LG. We plugged them a bit but need better options. I didn’t include C or IDL, as Skura & McPhee are good.

His players at these spots were alright probably backup level. Maybe they come good but unlikely.
    Bozeman is much better than backup level. I don’t see any hole at LG.
    "Chin up, chest out."

10. Re: Decosta's Moves for 2020 Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    With Jax cap situation and possibly needing to tag Ngakoue, they might cut Campbell for space. He's 33, so might take a little less and as a cut, no comp.
    Dareus will be their cut most likely. Saves them 20 + mil.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Bozeman is much better than backup level. I don’t see any hole at LG.
    I do. He’s fine if we want to be pulling right all game. He doesn’t have the lateral ability and I don’t see thst improving. He doesn’t get enough drive at the POA to run IZ behind and he doesn’t combo block very well because he’s slow.

He performed much better than I anticipated but we can do better
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I don't see their philosophy changing. They'll take what falls in the draft and then fill in the pieces through FA
    Rwt, I agree. The Ravens have been on the rise since mid-2018 (no nasty comments about Flacco, please), so why change what seems to be working? The only change I can see will be our LJ8 playoff coaching philosophy... Bc