Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 17181920 LastLast

Re: Decosta's Moves for 2020 Offseason

I mostly side with GWNR.
    Boseman is JAG+ at LG, and IMO, has Above Average starting potential at C. What we saw from Skura is a notch below what I believe Bozeman would be capable of with comparable running mates.
    Skura, is a monkey wrench and lots hinges on Him and Yanda.
    Powers, I see as Yanda’s replacement, a possible above average level LG next year, IMO a real chance at near pro-bowl level RG play nearing the end of his rookie deal: I think he was inactive due to versatility as suggested. Continuity was clearly valued. I didnt year one word about Bozeman moving into Center after firming I’ll the Lg spot.

Makati is solid depth and would love to have him active on game days next year, on the sidelines. Hurst then same, but could go if we get nearly any usable option at swing tackle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Bozeman is much better than backup level. I don’t see any hole at LG.
    Powers might be the guy to replace Bozeman, rather than an external. I think Powers is going to be a better G than Bozeman. IF Yanda sticks around, the Powers can be LG, if Yanda goes, I would rather replace Bozeman OR move Bozeman to C.

I think the Titans game revealed that we have deficiencies at iOL.

• If Yanda stays, I think we need one player, but he doesn't really have to be taken before round ~4.
    • If Yanda leaves, I think we need 2 players, and one of them has to come from the first 3 rounds.

Having said that – if you add up all the players I think we "need" to draft in the frst 3 rounds, I probably have us making 5 or 6 picks. The "need" at iOL is absolutely NOT greater than the needs at edge or ILB or iDL; and if one of the difference-making WRs fell into our laps then all bets would be off, IMO.

We "need" iOL help; but we need everything, except TE and OT and QB.

Would be nice if we could trade away late-round picks for future higher picks. DeCosta has talked about that for many years, but they've never pulled the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

• If Yanda stays, I think we need one player, but he doesn't really have to be taken before round ~4.
    • If Yanda leaves, I think we need 2 players, and one of them has to come from the first 3 rounds.

Having said that – if you add up all the players I think we "need" to draft in the frst 3 rounds, I probably have us making 5 or 6 picks. The "need" at iOL is absolutely NOT greater than the needs at edge or ILB or iDL; and if one of the difference-making WRs fell into our laps then all bets would be off, IMO.

Would be nice if we could trade away late-round picks for future higher picks. DeCosta has talked about that for many years, but they've never pulled the trigger.
    A swing tackle would be nice... late round flyer type.

Don't forget we have FA to fill some of those needs as well. Typically they do a pretty good job of filling holes in FA so they can just go BPA for most of the draft.

I REALLY hope we get one of the top WR's in this draft, and I don't want to see us miss out because we have to reach on a need.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    1st round pick should be WR. Class is too good to let it pass us by. We need a WR to work the boundary and help open the middle of the field. Taking a pass rush at the tail end of round 1 isn’t going to solve anything with this front 7 which is a disaster.

Overall we should just go all in on the offense (interior OL, WR) and patch work the defensive front 7. As of right now going into 2020 aside from Brandon Williams, who will be 31 in a few weeks, our entire front 7 is off the street FAs (Bynes, Fort, Ellis, Peko) and JAGs (Wormley, Bowser, Ferguson). Just concede that the front 7 will be a weakness and Wink will have to scheme around it and lean on the high priced secondary.

I’d rather significantly improve the offense and get by with the defense instead of marginally improving both and not really moving the needle when it matters (playoffs).
    ?????

We scored a crapload of points. We need to get to the passer. Our biggest need is a pass rush. If we could rush the passer with just 4 guys we wouldn't need a significant upgrade at ILB to have a very good defense.

On offense, we certainly could use some wide receiver help. Interior OL would also be something to consider but we have had success finding good interior OL in the mid and late rounds.

PASS RUSH! That was the weakest spot we had last year. Followed by WR.

Going all out on offense when we already can score a lot makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    ?????

We scored a crapload of points. We need to get to the passer. Our biggest need is a pass rush. If we could rush the passer with just 4 guys we wouldn't need a significant upgrade at ILB to have a very good defense.

On offense, we certainly could use some wide receiver help. Interior OL would also be something to consider but we have had success finding good interior OL in the mid and late rounds.

PASS RUSH! That was the weakest spot we had last year. Followed by WR.

Going all out on offense when we already can score a lot makes no sense.
    i think he's more referring to how good the WR class is. It's hard to get elite players at 28, but with such a deep class the 4-5 WR taken (which could very well fall to 28) you could be getting a guy that in other classes would be the 2nd guy.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    A swing tackle would be nice... late round flyer type.
    OK jon, but I think James Hurst is a competent OT in limited playing time, so it's not IMO a "need" ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    OK jon, but I think James Hurst is a competent OT in limited playing time, so it's not IMO a "need" ... Bc
    Competent, relatively expensive and on an expiring deal.

Quote Originally Posted by tnsmith90 View Post
    Don't forget we have FA to fill some of those needs as well.
    True! If we sign two pass rushers in early FA, that would free us up to move in a lot of possible directions in the first two rounds.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Competent, relatively expensive and on an expiring deal.
    IMO (referring to the bold) not really. JHurst can back-up 4 O-line positions. If the Ravens didn't think he was worth it, they would not have offered him such a contract. While I wouldn't want him as a 16 game starter, he is solid enough to hold down OG/OT for a couple of games until the starter is back, and that has value... Bc

Really? That game where we racked up 530 yards? Where we rushed for 6.4 YPC? I don’t think so.

Maybe you’re talking about those two 4th-and-1 plays, but it would be a little disingenuous to point to those two that didn’t work and ignore the 8-for-8 during the regular season.

Could our iOL be better? Of course. We are not starting three All Pro’s in the middle of our line, so of course it could be better. But iOL is nowhere in the top 20 reasons we lost to the Titans.
    "Chin up, chest out."