Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: WRs are pathetic

Remember Boykins? Me either.. Preseason Supa Star!!!

Blog Entries

Well, the good news is that the draft is supposedly very deep at the WR position, but right now, I still don't feel that a WR is our #1 need at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    Boykin is just Chris Moore v2. We need a WR that can work the sideline. We have nobody on our roster that can right now.
    Way too early to make that claim.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Well Hollywood Brown is going to be a good one. For a rookie, he had a hell of a year.

But he needs someone else. Boykin isn't it. He can still be a very useful player (probably as a big slot - especially given how well he blocks), but we need another WR to compliment Hollywood.

If you don't want AB go back the Brinks truck up to AJ Greens door. A true number 1 next to Hollywood on the field yesterday would have changed the entire complexion of the game. I truly believe that the Ravens would have won the game

Let's say AB can last a whole season without going apeshit. I don't think it's even a question, we easily win last night's game with him on the field. Seems like a no brainer that he's worth the risk.

6. Re: WRs are pathetic

The WRs are good, but most of them make a living inside. We just need one guy who can win on the perimeter. That's the adjustment that we need in this offense for when teams want to run those 9 players in the box to stop Lamar from running.

Defensively, we need help on the edges, ILB, and SS. So we have a lot of holes that need to be addressed.

I think The Ravens need another deep threat/speedy receiver. I think that would help the offense alot especially if Hollywood has to miss some games. The Ravens already have the big possession receivers and the tight ends.

Hollywood and Boykin need an offseason in the weight room. Year 2 will make a big difference with them. Either draft another guy in what's supposed to be a deep WR draft or maybe even court AJ Green. SI think that might actually happen. nead is a good vet leadership presence. Roberts - meh. What this team really needs though is some reinforcement in the trenches. OL, DL & LB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Well, the good news is that the draft is supposedly very deep at the WR position, but right now, I still don't feel that a WR is our #1 need at the moment.
    It doesn't have to be in this draft. It's loaded like you posted. There will be good options in rounds 2 and 3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLocker View Post
    Let's say AB can last a whole season without going apeshit. I don't think it's even a question, we easily win last night's game with him on the field. Seems like a no brainer that he's worth the risk.
    Nope. No one can guarantee that he won't destroy a team. AB couldn't even handle a tryout with the Saints. They say don't bring anyone with you and he shows up with an entire crew. They decide not to sign him and he's bashing them publicly. AB has completely lost it. How many teams does this guy have to screw over before fans decide that he's too much trouble?

We need a proven veteran wideout. We already drafted high receivers last year and the need is too important to gamble with the draft. Besides, we need defense with the high picks. Very curious regarding who will be available via free agency at the receiver, ILB and pass rusher. Draft another linebacker and a couple of offensive linemen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    "How do we know he is not Mel Tormé?"

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Hollywood and Boykin need an offseason in the weight room. Year 2 will make a big difference with them. Either draft another guy in what's supposed to be a deep WR draft or maybe even court AJ Green. SI think that might actually happen. nead is a good vet leadership presence. Roberts - meh. What this team really needs though is some reinforcement in the trenches. OL, DL & LB.
    Boykin has all the physicals in the world. He just cant run routes or catch the football