Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 46
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,060

    Re: Ricky Gervais TORCHES Hollywood Elite in Scathing Globes Opener

    Then why is everyone making a big deal about Ricky jokingly saying what everyone else has already said and thinks?

    Some people are acting like he was a key witness on trial and Hollywood will be shut down now.

    I just don't understand what all the hoopla is that Ricky said some things while they were in attendance. Nothing will come of it, yet people are all praising Ricky like he did something.

    If anything, it kinda takes the heat off of Hollywood now because the material, truth or not, is being thrown in their faces in the form of jokes....they can laugh it off and go on with business as usual. A few days from now, most will have forgotten that Ricky was even the host or that the Golden Globes was even on tv...

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk





  2. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    14,515

    Re: Ricky Gervais TORCHES Hollywood Elite in Scathing Globes Opener

    Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Then why is everyone making a big deal about Ricky jokingly saying what everyone else has already said and thinks?

    Some people are acting like he was a key witness on trial and Hollywood will be shut down now.

    I just don't understand what all the hoopla is that Ricky said some things while they were in attendance. Nothing will come of it, yet people are all praising Ricky like he did something.

    If anything, it kinda takes the heat off of Hollywood now because the material, truth or not, is being thrown in their faces in the form of jokes....they can laugh it off and go on with business as usual. A few days from now, most will have forgotten that Ricky was even the host or that the Golden Globes was even on tv...

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    In the fast-paced overload of information culture we live in now, the bolded part can be said about anything. It has nothing to do with the truth of what he said.


    Why is everyone making a big deal about him saying what everyone thinks? Ummm… because he said it on national tv in front of the very people who needed to hear it? I'd think that point would be obvious.
    "Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose." - C.S. Lewis





  3. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,060

    Re: Ricky Gervais TORCHES Hollywood Elite in Scathing Globes Opener

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    In the fast-paced overload of information culture we live in now, the bolded part can be said about anything. It has nothing to do with the truth of what he said.


    Why is everyone making a big deal about him saying what everyone thinks? Ummm… because he said it on national tv in front of the very people who needed to hear it? I'd think that point would be obvious.
    Pretty sure it wasn't the first time they've heard it. Maybe the first time it was said out loud on tv in front of them, but with social media being an important part of daily lives these days, added with ot is something a lot of people already think of them, they have already been exposed to it.

    Now, a comedian says it to them in a jokingly manner and it lessens the blow for them. They can continue to laugh it off. Again, I don't see the bid deal that it was said on tv.

    Maybe if it was said by someone other than a fellow Hollywooder/comedian it would hold more merit? Idk. Just don't get the whole "ohhhh, he burned them good!" mentality when it's already been said before...

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk





  4. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    14,515

    Re: Ricky Gervais TORCHES Hollywood Elite in Scathing Globes Opener

    Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Maybe if it was said by someone other than a fellow Hollywooder/comedian it would hold more merit? Idk. Just don't get the whole "ohhhh, he burned them good!" mentality when it's already been said before...

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I don't think someone not in Hollywood saying it would hold more merit, people could just write it off as "so what, what do you know"?

    And it was "ohhhh, HE burned them", cause he said it about them, to them.

    Will it make a difference? No. But it was good to see.
    "Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose." - C.S. Lewis





  5. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    14,811
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ricky Gervais TORCHES Hollywood Elite in Scathing Globes Opener

    it was a roast. thats nothing new to me and its what Gervais is best at imo.

    not to mention hes dipped into political posts in the past so he was making fun of himself just as much as them.

    I dont really get the hoopla over it either. I thought it was funny but not that big of a deal as some others seem to think it is. there was still a good bit of political agendas being spouted off, so it didnt have much effect on them either.
    -JAB





  6. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    14,515

    Re: Ricky Gervais TORCHES Hollywood Elite in Scathing Globes Opener

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    it was a roast. thats nothing new to me and its what Gervais is best at imo.

    not to mention hes dipped into political posts in the past so he was making fun of himself just as much as them.

    I dont really get the hoopla over it either. I thought it was funny but not that big of a deal as some others seem to think it is. there was still a good bit of political agendas being spouted off, so it didnt have much effect on them either.
    Let's be real though. If there was ever a group of people who's self-importance is so high that they literally didn't think the guy who just got up and told you no one cares about your opinions didn't mean "me", it's this group.
    "Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose." - C.S. Lewis





  7. #19

    Re: Ricky Gervais TORCHES Hollywood Elite in Scathing Globes Opener

    While I agree that it was more of a comedian telling edgy jokes than a true blast to Hollywood, I don't think the crowd was in on the joke. There was very little laughter and quite a few dropped jaws at some of the stuff he said. As opposed to when Deniro gets on a stage, says "Fuck Trump" and the place erupts. I think he definitely ticked off many in the audience.





  8. #20

    Re: Ricky Gervais TORCHES Hollywood Elite in Scathing Globes Opener

    Almost 63 million voted for Trump, we work for a living, and have a lot of purchasing power.We have the power to really damage Hollywood if a significant number either boycott totally or at least cut back on its products.Money spent on movies, Star Wars junk, etc., goes right into Democrats' pockets thru Hollywood moguls and actors.





  9. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    14,515

    Re: Ricky Gervais TORCHES Hollywood Elite in Scathing Globes Opener

    Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    While I agree that it was more of a comedian telling edgy jokes than a true blast to Hollywood, I don't think the crowd was in on the joke. There was very little laughter and quite a few dropped jaws at some of the stuff he said. As opposed to when Deniro gets on a stage, says "Fuck Trump" and the place erupts. I think he definitely ticked off many in the audience.
    "Don't let your happiness depend on something you may lose." - C.S. Lewis





  10. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,060

    Re: Ricky Gervais TORCHES Hollywood Elite in Scathing Globes Opener

    Definitely all in jest...





  11. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    51,939
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Ricky Gervais TORCHES Hollywood Elite in Scathing Globes Opener

    Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Definitely all in jest...
    Is he suggesting that, like Epstein, the Clinton’s killed journalism?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

    RIP #25





  12. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,060

    Re: Ricky Gervais TORCHES Hollywood Elite in Scathing Globes Opener

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Is he suggesting that, like Epstein, the Clinton’s killed journalism?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol. Perhaps...

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site